Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Green-Eyed Monster TOC

Please post feedback here. Thank you for reading.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 10/15/14 12:57 PM. Reason: Fixed broken Link

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Kerth
Kerth
Utterly hilarious! smile1

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Really cute. LOl

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Lots of fun! Love all the chuckles I got out of this!!! smile1

EvelynC
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Almost caught up, now!

But he couldn’t let himself be caught off-guard, should there be a next time. Thinking about that next time kiss had almost distracted Clark from finding out the reason Perry had called him down to the store.
Also, it might cause damage to walls, corners in particular.

“Several… more than several customers got sprayed by the perfume as well.
That could be a lawsuit in the making.

“Wait for it,” Perry had told him.

Lois had snapped out of her daze and had started fanning herself with one of the magazines as a dreamy smile had graced her lips. Clark had never seen her look so vulnerable and sexy.
The time jumps in this section (and probably including the remainder of it in the previous part) have been kind of hard to follow. In particular his Lois-watching took some re-reading to figure out when it was the memory of his surveillance tape watching and his real-life surveillance of Lois. Hmm... I guess I know why I got confused. Reminiscing about surveillance from the past while doing surveillance in the present.

If he found the right spot in the floor, he could see her easily enough from the third floor. He hoped she would be delighted.
That he is spying on her? Oh, wait, he's not using his vision gizmo on her, is he?

Lois entered her room and Clark heard and saw her gasp in delighted surprise.
I thought he'd already put up the shelves three (?) parts ago, causing Lois to run screaming to Perry about someone reorganizing her storage room?

“The H. G. Wells, Perry? Impossible! The man has been dead for…” He hadn’t been able to finish his thought because Perry had held up his encyclopedia of 19th century authors at that moment showing Clark a photograph of the actual author. Clark had done a double take, a triple take, a microscope vision take. And each take had told him the same thing. That second man was H. G. Wells, the author of The Time Machine. “How is that possible?” His laughter had vanished.
Hmm... I'd still have put my money on a doppelganger. After all, a 100 year old photograph, likely not even of a man of that exact age, should be easily enough to get an imposter.

“Maybe they were just sightseeing?” Clark had suggested with hope.
Is it just me or is Clark actually suggesting that they're sightseeing in time?

“And then after being sprayed with the perfume, they were naturally attracted to Lois.”
A bit biased, aren't we, Clark?

“You want me to spy on Lois?” Clark asked incredulously, his eyebrow raised.
I thought he already did that?

“I mean be her best friend. Listen to everything, everything she tells you…”
Sounds like spying. Although, Clark in a Mata Hari get-up and Lois in a Seven Veils get-up might be fun to watch. On Youtube wave

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Laura, Mouserocks, and EvelynC: Thank you. Glad I'm still making you laugh. smile1

Michael: <<stretching fingers>> Okay. Ready...

Originally posted by Darth Michael:
That could be a lawsuit in the making.
<<violin music>> poor Lex and Lexco.

The time jumps in this section (and probably including the remainder of it in the previous part) have been kind of hard to follow. In particular his Lois-watching took some re-reading to figure out when it was the memory of his surveillance tape watching and his real-life surveillance of Lois. Hmm... I guess I know why I got confused. Reminiscing about surveillance from the past while doing surveillance in the present.
Yes, I know. blush Sorry. Trying to make the story shorter by combining scenes into a flashback. Doesn't always work well.

That he is spying on her? Oh, wait, he's not using his vision gizmo on her, is he?
Clark spy on Lois? eek Never!

I thought he'd already put up the shelves three (?) parts ago, causing Lois to run screaming to Perry about someone reorganizing her storage room?
Just put in the shelves. They had moved the stacks of magazines to make room for the shelves in the part you were thinking of.

Is it just me or is Clark actually suggesting that they're sightseeing in time?
HG Wells Tours - Sightseeing Through Time... First up, The Black Plague...

I thought he already did that?
Hence Perry's reaction to that line.

Yes, and sorry, but I can't resist. Once a month he will know to give her a wide berth.
Other than the sense of smell thingy, that might be a good idea anyway.

So, have the first four times been when her horny side suggested the black lace bra and panties set? Then the garter belt and the silk stockings? The tiny black dress? And to make sure she had protection in her purse?
Oooh, so you've hacked into my computer and read ahead? laugh BTW: BBQ line wasn't from GEM but in my other story. Sometimes my mind gets confused when all my stories have the same characters.

I actually wanted to mention this when he first brought up getting food: They could always go the the next burger joint or another self-serve restaurant. That way, she wouldn't exceed her budget and no need to worry about being left to pay the bill.
But I wanted her to meet the folks!

/raises hand/ I'll second that notion.
Wait until you see what Lois's passionate side has in mind for her in Part 10. laugh

He *forgot*? He forgot the opening-times of his *parents* restaurant?
He was only thinking of going out with Lois, everything else in the world kind of faded away.

See? Another lie.
I had this arguement with my Betas as well. HOW does Clark know he doesn't need to eat? Unless he actually went for days without eating, how would he know for sure? This was never explained well in canon. My assumption here is that this Clark doesn't know that about himself.

So, what changed in this Lois's life to remove her resilience like that? Could it just have been growing up in Smallville's less hostile environment and in particular, High School?
Maybe growing up in the small town where more people are supportive of each other made it so that her skin didn't develop to the thickness it did in canon? Makes sense.

Sounds like Inner Lois has an agenda of her own. But might Inner Lois also scare Clark off?
Inner Lois only wants Clark's body at the moment. But, yes, talking to her not-a-boyfriend boy friend about her predicted husband-to-be might send him running for the hills, before Lois has had chance to decide what it is she wants their relationship to be.

Glad you are still enjoying the ride. smile1

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
<<stretching fingers>> Okay. Ready...
dizzy ( wink ) I think, maybe if this flashback might work better if told in one contiguous block, and without the chapter-break in between.

Just put in the shelves. They had moved the stacks of magazines to make room for the shelves in the part you were thinking of.
Aaah

HG Wells Tours - Sightseeing Through Time... First up, The Black Plague...
I hope you've all got your plague shots.

Oooh, so you've hacked into my computer and read ahead?
You can't prove a thing. Neither could any of the other authors. Ugh-uh. dizzy

Glad you are still enjoying the ride.
Well, right now, the road looks like a piece of blacktop, dangling precariously over a sudden and steep drop in the terrain. You might want to put up warning signs.
This also works to visualize the present problem:
[Linked Image]

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard