Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Missing Lois - TOC

A taste of Chapter 5, Part 9... (and picked especially for Tank)...

Lois had stolen Lucy El’s I.D. and had gotten her hair cut short like Clark’s assistant. What had they called it – a pixie cut? She wouldn’t miss the long tresses. Lex had liked those; not her. He hadn’t let her cut her hair the entire time they were together. Could one say ‘control freak’? Then she had borrowed some of Lucy’s baggy clothes. Neither Clark nor Superman had brought her any more clothing from Clark’s house. Mr. Amazing had brought her here – she was sure this was the same place. It was just as cold and smelled like hay. Mr. Amazing knew Clark Kent’s passwords, knew that Clark had stored her stuff here when he cleaned out her apartment before Lucy El moved in.

Lois didn’t like Lucy. There was something off about her, but she couldn’t put a finger on what. And who chose to dress like this on purpose? Ugh. And who wore glasses without any correction? After cutting her hair and stealing Lucy’s clothing, she had taken the first flight to Topeka, rented a car – with a credit card she stole from Clark’s wallet – and bam, straight into an alarm system.

As she walked around the barn, Lois noticed something peculiar. It was warmer on the right hand side of the barn, as if something was blocking the wind. She reached out her hand until she felt something in the nothingness. She pulled her hand back, surprised. She felt almost blind again, because she could feel something but not see it. It felt like material, possibly a tarp. She reached out once more, grabbed it with her fingers and gave a hard tug. Suddenly, a huge golden platform with two chairs and a console with knobs and switches appeared in front of her.
Many thanks to my hard working and underpaid Beta Readers. Thank you so much! notworthy

Please post your feedback here. Thank you.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 01/12/15 04:40 PM. Reason: Fix Broken Links

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
Love Starr's train of thought here:

So, I went to law school and changed my name to Moonbeam. More professional, don’t you think?
I'm curious about the sacrifices Moonbeam mentions.

Joan

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
/cracks fingers and gets ready for another round on long-post-type FDK/

She felt like she had lived through sixteen Christmas Eves, each worse than the previous, but her Clark once again had saved the day
goofy

If they screwed up Superman’s life, that was their business. She done playing chaperone. At least, they hadn’t woken her up.
Sounds dirty?

Hey, Clark, ever hear of an elf from the fifth dimension who calls himself Mister…”
/clutches ears/ LALALALALALALALALALALA! /takes breath/ Umm… I think I should have clutched *her* mouth shut instead of my ears, right?

“Who knew the power chocolate had over you, Lois?” he murmured, gazing up at her.
He doesn’t really know her, does he?

She placed a reassuring hand on his arm. “She’ll still love you, you big chicken.”
Maybe. But she’s likely to not let him play with the toys for quite some time.

“Merry Christmas!” Lois came in full of energy and bounce, fully showered and dressed. “I’ve got the new Elvis Christmas CD. Gift from Perry.”
Ugh. The Christmas elf in full spree!

“Uh, thank you, Lois,” Lucy said sitting up. She hadn’t expected anything from the queen of sour grapes.
But it’s *Christmas*!

It was a t-shirt, XL, which read on the front Not Lois Lane and on the back Not Lola Luthor.
goofy

She didn’t trust Lois an inch. She knew herself and she knew that this Lois was sneakier than she was.
Oh this is bad. Oh this is good. Oh this is so good it’s bad. Or is it the other way ‘round?

Her back pay from Mr. Olsen had finally arrived, and after taxes and deductions for her rent for the past three years, she wouldn’t have much to live on if they didn’t hire her back on full time at the paper.
confused Did she earn just barely above her rent? All things considered, shouldn’t she have a good year’s worth of money available?

Firstly, he arrived a week early to start as editor, because he was so appalled at Cat Grant’s handling of the whole Lois Lane rescue story.
clap

Cat had been demoted back to gossip – even worse, Hollywood Celebrity gossip – and shipped off to California for three months to cover the award circuit.
laugh So, will she sleep herself through the ranks of the male and female actors, trying to discover which male actor must be gay and which actress is actually not a lesbian, despite her public declarations?

If she was indeed the best investigative reporter the Daily Planet had ever seen or even in the top two – hello, Clark Kent – she had to prove it by bringing in something new about Superman.
That must tick her off. Being not the sole top of the gene pool. Maybe not even the shared top.

she had to prove it by bringing in something new about Superman.
“He has a mole on his left butt cheek?” “He is built underneath the spandex like…this.” /inserts representative drawing/ “He might be imported but he blends in with the local crowd just great?”

And as she also didn’t want to alienate Mr. Amazing himself by revealing what she did know,
Aaaaaah… So, that’s the caveat. Also, imagine Lois confirming the other women’s wildest dreams… Not a good idea…

Lex Luthor was still out and about in Metropolis. Apparently he was shopping for a new home.
Is he allowed to do that? Shouldn’t there be an arrest warrant out for him?

Mr. Olsen had his legal team working on a way to fire Jaxon Xavier, but technically he hadn’t done anything illegal.
And with the same technicality, it’s only technically illegal to have run over with a cement truck. Or stuffed inside a full cement truck.

She wished she hadn’t left her laptop in the Congo all those years ago, when she had climbed into the shipping crate full of illegal guns.
Couldn’t she have Jimmy get her new one? confused He should have enough lying around, being a rich computer wizz.

Then, at least, she would be able to surf the web for information about Superman and also feel some connection to the world at large.
It’s the holidays. Don’t they have cheesy celebrity soap on in TV and wouldn’t the fact that Clark Kent is Superman be an often hinted at or spelled out directly fact? Especially since it’s Superman’s first Christmas.

If it weren’t for the boxes of chocolate in her bedroom to keep her company, she had almost begin to wonder if she had dreamed up the whole thing.
Awwwwwww…

He told her that she had been the only woman with whom he had ever been intimate. A Cheshire cat sized grin slid onto her lips. So, he hadn’t been intimate with Ultra Woman. Good to know. Lois Lane one, Ultra Woman zero.
Aaaahmmm… That’s gonna come back to haunt him big time.

Lois reckoned the best way to see her man was to get started on getting rid of her husband.
/hands her phone number of Russian professional/ For a little extra, they even do the clean up afterwards.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
If she kept eating chocolate like she was, she would soon look like Lucy.
goofy

h, what had she done? How was she ever going give up Mr. Amazing’s wonderful chocolate sensation for Clark’s ho-hum vanilla?
Umm…Could True Love (TM) ever be vanilla?

Lois felt like a deer caught in the headlights. What? Mr. Amazing was indeed her true love? How could he be her true love when she had just convinced herself, not two seconds before, that Clark was her true love? That wasn’t true love. That was cheating on true love
See? Quite a bit loose that girl. Reminds me of another Lois I know.

When you finally see the light…”
Superman will wake up with a giant headache and start talking in a distinct soprano?

Moonbeam stopped pacing and turned to Lois. “We’ve got to get started on this divorce. Today. No time to lose. You’ve got a busy month ahead of you.”
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Joan: I've always loved Star. I felt she was underutilized in S4.

Michael: Merry Christmas? wink

/cracks fingers and gets ready for another round on long-post-type FDK/
Hey, I was just going to write that for my reply!

Tempus would love the irony. Although, I thought Alt-Clark was a Grinch?
Alt-Clark was Grinchy, like canon Lois.

Great. No I’ve made her cry. /goes hiding from Clark/
clap

Sounds dirty?
Lucy's mind is walking through the mud, yes.

/clutches ears/ LALALALALALALALALALALA! /takes breath/ Umm… I think I should have clutched *her* mouth shut instead of my ears, right?
I actually had the full name, but then was warned by a knowledgeful Beta that this is a big no-no.

Maybe. But she’s likely to not let him play with the toys for quite some time.
So, nothing would change.

Huh. So, he will always let Lois Lane come first?
I thought that was canon?

Did she earn just barely above her rent? All things considered, shouldn’t she have a good year’s worth of money available?
Well, after she replaces her wardrobe, her laptop, pays her taxes, buys food for Bobby Bigmouth, and pays off that assassin she hired to off her hubby...

Is he allowed to do that? Shouldn’t there be an arrest warrant out for him?
He kidnapped her off of US soil, he legally married her. and technically, he hasn't been convincted of any crime.

Couldn’t she have Jimmy get her new one? He should have enough lying around, being a rich computer wizz.
Alt-Lois isn't buddy-buddy with the boss like Lucy is.

It’s the holidays. Don’t they have cheesy celebrity soap on in TV and wouldn’t the fact that Clark Kent is Superman be an often hinted at or spelled out directly fact? Especially since it’s Superman’s first Christmas.
Does alt-Lois have a TV?

She really should ask Clark to help her burn off the calories.
He's given up Lois for the holidays.

She’s a bit loose?
Didn't we already cover that?

Oh, you have no idea. Hoth will feel like Tatooine compared to what will happen when Lois finds out the truth.
Or.... evil

/chokes/ Down, Muse. Virginia did *not* mean it like *that*!
I'll be sure to change it to Poker playing for the Archive version.

Okay, when they can file for a restraining order, then why don’t the police also put out a BOLO for him?
Nope. Still hasn't been convicted of/arrested for a crime.

He already has clones, so where’s the harm?
You WANT Lex in control of Lois's dead body? Ugh! That man has no morals. Who knows what he might do to it?

Superman will wake up with a giant headache and start talking in a distinct soprano?
Those kind of sopranos aren't much fun to play with. Plus that kind of surgery is irreversible.

Can’t they clean him out and donate lots of it to charity afterwards?
The more money they ask from him the longer the divorce takes.

Huh. I guess, I’ll have to keep reading, then, huh?
Yes. It's in my spoiler clause not to give away too much... or anything at all... For any hints you have to check out my inital posting for each FDK.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hey, I was just going to write that for my reply!
goofy

Alt-Clark was Grinchy, like canon Lois.
Hmm...
/light goes on/
At least one of the Lois and Clark couples just had to be obsessed with the holidays, didn’t they?
You meant one *from* each couple, not one couple as a whole!

I actually had the full name, but then was warned by a knowledgeful Beta that this is a big no-no.
/nods/ Otherwise, Ivy would team up with Mr. M-mmmmmm... Now, wouldn't *that* be fun!

So, nothing would change.
Umm...I thought Lois *wants* him to play with the toys all the time?

I thought that was canon?
Huh. I always figured, funny remark in fandom, reused until it became fanon?

Well, after she replaces her wardrobe, her laptop, pays her taxes, buys food for Bobby Bigmouth, and pays off that assassin she hired to off her hubby...
Huh... Must be the food for Bobby. Hired guns you can buy for a c-note.

He kidnapped her off of US soil, he legally married her. and technically, he hasn't been convincted of any crime.
He had Lucy kidnapped by accident? Can't they file a complaint because of that?

Alt-Lois isn't buddy-buddy with the boss like Lucy is.
/slaps head/ Duh!

Does alt-Lois have a TV?
wave Michael

Columnist
Columnist
Lois looked down at the card. “Moonbeam Mayhem, Attorney at Law, Divorce.” She looked at Lucy with tears glistening in her eyes.
You weave a tricky web, V. I never once made the connection! You had me so distracted. I guess I officially understand being 'blind' lol

.talk nerdy to me.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by MrsLuthor:
You weave a tricky web, V. I never once made the connection! You had me so distracted. I guess I officially understand being 'blind' lol
evil

VirginiaR.
---

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard