Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Real life has been incredibly hectic lately, so I'm still working on finishing the story--sorry!

Hope you all enjoy--and please comment!

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I was really worried about Clark when he suddenly got weak at the park. Was it Kryptonite? Or was it because it was dusk? I thought someone must be around with K. But then nobody showed up and I thought, you're just being paranoid.

I did have a question about this:
His lips curved upward. He ducked his head when he thought I wasn't looking, and he allowed a grin to make his--admittedly handsome--features even more beautiful, and he swallowed back a chuckle.
Did he know she was lying? Is that why he smiled his old smile. It made me think for a minute that maybe he was better than he is saying he is, so Superman and Lex don't know and that he can spend more time with Lois. But then I think, Nah. Clark wouldn't do that. He's too honest.

Then they got back to Lois's apartment and Lois couldn't wake Clark up. Clark doesn't sleep that soundly. So, then I'm worried about he again. Then Superman showed up and goes and kissed Lois's cheek. That's just low, taunting a man while he'd down. Bad, Vatman, bad.

And then Clark is ready to confess to Lois, tell her some of his secrets, give her clues to his missing puzzle piece, and she has to go and shut him up because she thinks he's talking about dying. NO, Lois! Sigh. Okay, now I'm rambling like Lois.

You've got me hooked. You've drawn me in. Got to keep reading, so, yes, please keep writing!

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
He didn't make a reply until I had leaned him up against the side of the Jeep so I could fish out my keys and open the door. "I didn't know you thought that," he said quietly.

"Thought what?"

"That I had a way with words."
smile1

Terror invaded my system and set every cell afire. I jumped from my bed and crossed to Clark's cot in two strides, perching on the edge so I could feel his forehead for a fever. "Clark, you're fine. You have to be fine. You're not going to die--there is absolutely no need to confess any sins, okay? You're going to be fine."
wallbash Oh come on, Lois!!!

His hand on my cheek was as cool as a breath of fresh air, as gentle as a slight breeze, and as reassuring as the sight of a sunrise. "Yeah," he whispered, his voice dry. "I'm coming back."
This better mean that he's also going to take out anti-Supes and put on the red and blue once his powers return.

Needing distance, I stood and took a step toward the bed before looking over my shoulder. "No more midnight confessions, right?"

"I guess not." Inexplicably, he sounded *disappointed*.

With a sigh, I resigned myself to the fact that I would *never* understand Clark Kent.
Ok, so he tells her in the daylight, not in the middle of the night. She only specified no *midnight* confessions, after all.

So, I was smiling the entire time Clark was talking to her in the dark, telling her about his amnesia during Nightfall. But you are such a tease. I really thought he was going to give her some more clues to who he is, at the very least.

Post more soon!!!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
"We're still in the cell, Lois--it's just bigger now."
That's what I was afraid of. Lex is still hamstringing Clark.

A sudden whoosh was the only warning I had before a warm hand landed on my shoulder and a smoky voice sounded in my ear. "Can I give you a hand, Clark?"
Big Brother (or Little Clone, as the case may be) was definitely watching. frown

"Please be careful, Lois. If Luthor is the enemy as you say, then it's not safe for you to go out. I'm protecting you now, but I could never live with myself if any harm came to you."
Fascinating. The words sound good, but I wonder whether they are sincere. Is the clone on Lex' side, or is he really thinking independently?

the quilt of memories
I like that metaphor.

Why couldn't I ask him what one thing he had remembered? Ask it, I commanded myself, and opened my mouth. "How did you get this amnesia?"
I love the way she is dancing around the one question she most definitely wants to ask. So true to life.

Little lies--but I always try to do what I said anyway, so it's not as much of a lie."
I've never seen that idea presented before, but it does sound like something Clark would say. I could just imagine him joining the Cheese of the Month club after he made that flimsy excuse, just to assuage his guilt. But that does make me wonder what prescriptions he might need. Maybe he just picked up some OTC meds instead. He would probably need some aspirin and the like to stock his medicine chest for appearance's sake, in any event. Not to mention he would probably have such meds just in case Lois ever needed them while she was visiting him.

Another excellent part. Looking forward to part 10.

Joy,
Lynn

Top Banana
Top Banana
I've had spotty internet for the last week since my router died (using a USB stick instead), so haven't been able to post as much as I'd like. I LOVE this story! You had great L&C banter in this as others have pointed out. I can't wait for more--and I hope Lois puts together that last piece of the puzzle soon!! hyper

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Okay, I’ll try to answer your questions, VirginiaR, without giving away too much. smile I assumed that too much of any good thing equals a bad thing. Clark’s body isn’t used to sunlight anymore and is having a hard time storing it, and just like feeding a starving man too much food all at once, his body is having a difficult time adjusting to plenty after so long a time of famine. And, no, he’s not faking his weakness. He was tortured and dosed daily with Kryptonite for a month, and it will take a while for him to recover. And lastly, yes, Clark could tell that Lois was feeding him a line; it’s what she did through most of the first season and quite a bit of the second season. He thinks she’s funny, though, something that’s always intrigued me about their early relationship.

All right, hopefully that helped you some! Sorry it wasn’t clearer for you. But thanks for reading and leaving feedback! I’m delighted that you’re intrigued by the story.

Deadly Chakram, thanks once again for the detailed feedback. I’m glad the banter worked for you; things like that are always iffy since humor doesn’t always translate well. And I’m glad you like that I keep you guessing since there are still quite a few chapters left! smile The clues can’t all be in one chapter. wink

Thanks, Lynn! Lois often danced around the things she didn’t want to face, something that didn’t help their relationship progress too fast—for our viewing pleasure, of course! smile And I’ve always thought that Clark does try very hard to stick to the truth as much as he can. I had to smile at your thoughts about how far he goes, though.

Thanks for using your limited Internet time to comment, mozartmaid! I’m so glad you’re enjoying this story and continuing to read—and I hope you get your Internet back soon!

Thanks for the feedback!

Kerth
Kerth
Aside from the fact that you have a great story going on here, I really enjoy your writing style. It flows flawlessly, you nail sentences with seeming ease, and you create mood with just a few perfectly chosen words.

In my experience, writing that *appears* so smooth and easily produced is usually the result of a *lot* of hard work.

Great job.

Corrina.

Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
This is the type of feedback one secretly hopes for but doesn't really expect, so I was thrilled to read this! Thanks for the encouraging words!

S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
I love the way you phrase this:

Rather, it was as if he saw through my bluster to the person I was underneath, as if by smiling at the façade he was assuring me that he was in on the joke and by hiding the smile he was promising that he wouldn't give me away to everyone else.
This reallly got my attention:

We're still in the cell, Lois--it's just bigger now."
You've got me wondering if Superman really is a clone. He seems to have feelings for Lois and I don't remember if the clone found her to be special.

Oh how sweet - Lois somehow knows it's her that Clark is refering to when he speaks about what brought him out of his amnesia.

Is Clark getting closer to confessing his secret to Lois?

Joan

Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Thanks, scifiJoan. Actually, the paragraph about how Clark smiles at Lois is one of my favorites in the story and one of the first things I noticed while watching the show!

Is Clark closer to confessing? Ummm... :rolleyes:

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
"I'm okay," he said, the weakness of his voice belying his words. "I guess maybe I...maybe I got an overdose of sunlight today."
[Linked Image]
Poor Clark, overdosing himself frown

"I didn't know you thought that," he said quietly.

"Thought what?"

"That I had a way with words."
And despite all his witty remarks it looks like he has a much thinner armor than Lois does.

I opened my mouth to tell him seriously just how much I admired his writing when I caught sight of...*it*.

It was blinding. It was brilliant. It was incinerating.

It was his old smile.
Awwwww... is he actually just teasing her?

Sudden guilt assailed me when I remembered that I never had gotten him any lunch. Not, I realized, that I had any food at home to feed him.
whinging Do I need to get a green baseball bat?

"I...I'm not really used to sleeping in the same room with someone else. It's a little...unnerving."
Uhh yeah... that's a great excuse.

"I had amnesia once." Clark's words, spoken rapidly and abruptly, were sudden and almost too loud in the quiet that had descended.
Sharing?

"I hit something very hard and very fast."
About the size of Metropolis?

"I have lied," Clark blurted suddenly.
huh

Lot's of fun. But where's the dark? The gloom? The abject horror of black cells?

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
I didn't quite understand the picture, Darth Michael, but I'm sure it's applicable. smile

I laughed out loud all the way through your feedback! Scratches on the fridge? Boodonkville? Nothing survives Lois's attention? (I don't know why; she's always watering...er, I mean, coffeering...the plant on her desk.)

Quite a way with words--changing a 'romantic' moment into a sickening moment with your play on the quote about Lois's reaction to Superman's kiss on her cheek. laugh

And of course Lois isn't grumpy, never, not at all, nope. goofy

As to the dark and gloom...well, I did warn you that the story was a bit tamer than you were imagining. smile

Thanks for the feedback!

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
It's a blown-up battery. Like you can get from actually really really maliciously overcharging a battery.

(I don't know why; she's always watering...er, I mean, coffeering...the plant on her desk.)
Yes, they should be really up and about with all the caffeine. Or sprout coffee beans laugh

Quite a way with words--changing a 'romantic' moment into a sickening moment with your play on the quote about Lois's reaction to Superman's kiss on her cheek.
Are you telling me it *wasn't* meant to be sickening? wink

As to the dark and gloom...well, I did warn you that the story was a bit tamer than you were imagining.
mecry ... wink

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard