Missing Lois - TOC

Author’s Note: The “Lois” in Chapter 5 and 6 refers to alt-Lois. Canon Lois will be called “Lucy” to help lessen the confusion between the two characters.

Story Notes: This story is mostly set in alt-dimension, although visits to the canon dimension do happen from time-to-time.
- Clark = Alt-Clark unless otherwise noted (such as when we are in the canon dimension, then 'Clark' is canon Clark)
- Lucy El = pregnant canon Lois avoiding the curse by hiding out with alt-Clark, aka Lois's secret identity
- Kal = Lucy El's husband's name, or what Lois-Lucy and alt-Clark call canon Clark
- Lois = alt-Lois, wife of Lex Luthor
- Lola Luthor = ‘wife’ of Lex Luthor; alt-Lois, if not referring to Clois (Cloned Lois)
- Sam Lane = alt-Lois's Dad, Lois's doctor & roommate
- Mayor White = aka Perry White, former Editor-in-Chief at the DP
- Cat Grant = helping alt-Clark out with PR on his '50 dates' charity winners and social columnist at the DP, now Acting Editor-in-Chief at the DP
- Lex Luthor = no explanation necessary, same bad guy as always, this time bald

- The only people who know canon Lois's true identity are alt-Clark, Sam, Moonbeam (alt-Star) and Dr. Klein. Alt-Clark told Mayson Drake that Lucy El is his sister-in-law and that he has a twin brother, but not about the other dimension. Mayson didn't believe him (thinking instead that Lucy was a con-artist).

What happened in Chapter 5: Part 6...

The afternoon after 'meeting' Clark Kent, Lois – now cured of her blindness – barged into the bullpen and demanded that Clark Kent give her back her stuff, which Lucy had told her that Clark had cleared out of her apartment before Lucy had moved in. While at the Daily Planet, Lois also ran into her step-son Jaxon Xavier – who was working for the paper on its website and also in research – who promptly contacted his father to tell Lex of Lola’s whereabouts. Instead of waiting around to convenience him otherwise, Lois had Clark take her back to her secure apartment. On the trip there, Clark mistaken mentioned to her that he has a ‘secret girlfriend’ – namely, Lois herself.

The next morning, Christmas Eve, on the way to work, Lucy – mistaken for Lola Luthor – was abducted by Lex Luthor and his thugs. She was able to get one ‘help Superman’ out before her mouth was taped shut. Not knowing what Lex Luthor would do if he discovered her condition, Lucy decided to use the extra strength she had developed with her ‘super’ pregnancy to get away and into Superman’s waiting arms. Lex Luthor escaped, because Lucy promptly passed out.

Superman flew Lucy back to the apartment and to Sam for an examination, where she was diagnosed with higher than normal blood pressure. Sam directed her to remain on bed rest. Lois was supposed to meet for a photo-op breakfast with Mayor Perry White, with her father as her ‘bodyguard.’ With Lucy ill, Sam decided to stay with her, causing Clark to pick up the body guarding slack. Before Superman left the apartment he made a date with Lois to meet for a late night rendezvous.

Part 7

When Clark and Lois walked into the Mayor’s private conference room at City Hall, Perry gave Clark a look that he easily recognized, but his former boss said it aloud anyway. “Clark Kent, what in the King’s name do you think you’re doing?”

Before he could speak, Lois dove in with the explanation of Lucy’s abduction by Luthor. “And according to Lucy, those bonehead thugs thought she was me! Can you believe it?”

Perry looked over at Clark and then shook his head. “Looks like I’m going to have to assign some officers to guard your place, Lois. Clark here is too valuable a commodity to babysit a couple of beauties to keep them from a madman.”

Clark cleared his throat. “I don’t mind, chief.”

“I bet you don’t, Clark. But there are better uses for your time. I’ll make sure Lois gets home safe. Why don’t you skedaddle on to work? We wouldn’t want Cat to start gossiping about the two of you.”

“No, sir,” Clark agreed. He turned to Lois. “I’ll see you later, Lois.”

“You will?” she asked, surprised.

Ooops. This secret identity stuff was harder than he thought. “When I come back to check on Lucy,” he explained.

“Lucy!” Perry gasped. “Did something happen to her? You didn’t tell me that she was hurt. Is she all right?” He looked anxiously between them.

“Oh, she’s fine,” Lois told him with a flick of her hand. “Just a little elevated blood pressure from all the stress.” She crossed to the platters of food. “Mmmm. This looks good.”

Perry looked Clark in the eye. “Clark?”

“Sam’s watching over her. She’s resting at home,” he assured his friend.

“Oh, that’s good. High blood pressure is nothing to take lightly.”

“If she dropped a few pounds, she wouldn’t be plagued with high blood pressure,” Lois said, filling up her plate with fruit. “And she might be a tad prettier. Not so round in the face. I don’t know what everybody has their knickers in a twist about. You’ve had high blood pressure for years, Perry, and you’re just fine.”

“Lois!” Perry scolded.

She rolled her eyes. “Fine. I’ll be nice. Why everyone wants me to be kind to little Miss Know-it-all…”

Perry grabbed Clark’s arm and led him to the far side of the room. “Is Lucy okay?”

Clark lowered his voice. “The baby’s heart rate is normal.” Well, normal for this baby.

Perry released a breath. “You are going to have to tell Lois one of these days about her roommate’s condition.”

“It’s on my list of things to tell her.”

“Yeah, that list is getting pretty long, isn’t it, Clark?” Perry stared at him with a raised brow and his lips pressed together. The Chief wasn’t happy about him keeping his identity a secret from Lois either.

“Not you too, Perry. Cat’s threatened me with demotion if I tell her.” Clark sighed, then changed the subject back to Lucy. “We’re just lucky Lex didn’t realize…” He shook his head, cutting off the end of his sentence.

“That he didn’t recognize Lucy?”

Clark nodded, keeping his eyes on Lois, sitting at the table on the other side of the room. He had forgotten that Lucy had told Perry about having known Lex personally.

“Have you had your blood pressure checked recently, Clark? I can’t believe you put those two together as roommates.” Perry shook his head and laughed quietly. “You’re a braver man than I am. That’s all I can say.”

Clark glanced at him out of the corner of his eye. “What do you mean?”

“What if Lois finds out about you and Lucy?”

Clark’s eyes flashed to Perry’s. “I have no idea to what you are referring.”

Perry chuckled. “Sure you do.”

Clark cleared his throat. “Really, sir, you have no idea what you’re talking about.”

“I don’t? Hmmm. So, that wasn’t you who drank all my good Scotch on Thanksgiving and poured his heart out to me?”

Clark grinned with embarrassment. Guilty. “Nope. Must have been that super hero guy. He likes to dress up like me and play practical jokes on my friends.”

“You’re playing with fire, Clark.”

He didn’t catch Perry’s meaning.

“You shouldn’t be within fifty feet of that girl and we both know it.”

Clark sighed. “She told you.”

“Who do you think gave her the nickname Hurricane Lane?”

Clark raised a brow. He hadn’t heard that one.

“She blows into town and the men folk never walk the same again.”

“Yeah. That sounds like her.” Clark laughed softly with a shake of his head.

“You need to stay away from her,” Perry told him again what they both knew to be true.

“I can’t,” the reporter stated simply, gazing in Lois’s direction. “I don’t know how.”

“Cold turkey, my boy,” Perry suggested with a slap to his back. “Cold turkey.”

“Are you boys going to sit in the corner all morning and talk shop or are you going to pay attention to me?” Lois asked from the other end of the table.

“Terribly sorry, Lois. Here I invited you to dine and I bend Clark’s ear off about Singapore,” Perry lied to Lois as they moved back across the room. “Have a Merry Christmas, Clark. You doing anything special?”

“I’m going to show Clark how Christmas is supposed to be celebrated.”

Perry turned to Clark with raised brows. “Is that so?”

“I wouldn’t take no for an answer.” Lois grinned. “Christmas shouldn’t be spent alone.”

“Yep. You’re a dead man.” Perry nodded.

“Oh, my God. Clark! Did you have plans with your girlfriend?” she gasped.

Clark covered his face with his hand. So, much for his secret girlfriend. Him and his big mouth. Thank goodness it was only Perry she said it in front of and he already knew.

“Girlfriend?” Perry asked, turning to him, eyebrows raised.

“Yeah. She wants me to put in an appearance,” Clark murmured, glancing away.

Perry grinned his evil, yet innocent grin. Oh, no. What was his old editor about to do? Clark winced in anticipation.

“So, Clark, whatcha you get her?”

Clark’s eyes went wide as his heart hit his stomach. He gulped as Lois glanced up at him with curiosity. A boat load of disappointment. Yep. He still held the title of worst boyfriend in the world.

“Ooooh.” Perry shook his head with a frown. “That’s not good, Clark. And this your first Christmas together, too.”

“Do you need some help? I love to buy presents,” Lois said, taking a bite of melon. “I’m still waiting on my back paychecks that Mr. Olsen promised me would show up, so I’m going small this year. Dad and I have this big Christmas meal planned. What’s she like?”

“Yeah, Clark. What’s she like?” Perry still grinned, taking a sip of his coffee. If his old boss smiled any bigger his face would break.

Clark swallowed and closed his eyes. Please, let there be someone out in the world calling for help. Silence. He sighed and opened his eyes, gazing directly into Lois’s. “Perfection.”

Lois shook her head. “Oh, then Perry’s right. You’re screwed. Perfect people are impossible to buy for.”

Perry laughed. “Well, there you have it, Clark. You need to dump her and move to the North Pole.”

Lois pounded Perry on the bicep. “He better not! He’ll ruin her Christmases for years to come. A bad gift a girl can recover from, but not always a broken heart. Trust me, I know.”

“Oh?” Clark knew her history like the back of his hand, yet the only broken heart he recalled was because her best friend stole her story and her editor/boyfriend in college. Was that to whom she was referring?

Lois sighed. “There are plenty of men… what am I talking about?” She rolled her eyes. “Most of the men I’ve met in my life I could easily live without, but only one…” She glanced up directly into Clark’s eyes, her voice soft as she continued, “…or two … I don’t think I could survive without.”

Clark swallowed, unable to look away. He could hear her heart beating faster than it normally did. Was that because of him? Clark Kent, him?

“It sure has been windy lately. I heard something about the hurricane season lasting through the New Year, this year,” Perry changed the subject with a cough. “Did you hear anything about that, Lois?”

She broke the stare first and turned her eyes to her former editor. “Ha-Ha. Very funny, Perry.”

Clark cleared his throat. “Well, I’d better be heading to work.”

Lois was on her feet. “Are you sure you aren’t going to eat anything? Superman assured me that you needed to eat, too.”

“Thank you. But I’ve already eaten breakfast, Lois. Bring her back home safe, Perry.” Clark looked at his former boss, who nodded. “Merry Christmas to you, Alice, and the boys, then.” At the door, he glanced back over his shoulder at Lois laughing with Perry and whispered, “Perfection.”

Sam was asleep when Clark snuck out of the Clinton Street apartment. It was late, very late – Santa late. He flew to Lois’s apartment and checked the window; she had indeed left it unlocked. He sighed. Here goes nothing. Grand gesture time. Superman had already flown a Christmas tree to the orphans earlier that day, so what was one more tree, right? Luckily, she wanted to decorate it herself. Or had she? He picked up the tree from where he had left it on her roof earlier that evening and gently brought it in through the window, being careful not to damage any of the branches.

Superman placed the tree between the two windows in the dark living room, wondering if he was too late. Had she already gone to bed? He swallowed. Was she expecting him to join her there? He closed the window behind him, and then noticed Lois asleep on her couch, a box of Christmas decorations next to her on the floor. He opened the box and quickly decorated the tree, lights and all. He found some extra lights and strung them up around the room. There, Christmas.

And like Santa, Superman placed the simple gifts he had picked up that afternoon under the tree, just in case Clark couldn’t make it for Christmas morning. It was probably best if Superman himself didn’t make an appearance anyway. And because he was playing the part of two men, he had to pick up two sets of gifts for Lois. Lucy and Sam would understand if he didn’t get them two gifts. Perry was right, he was a dead man. His Superman gift for Lois was silly, really. He shook his head. She will probably hate it. It would have better to have not gotten her a gift at all.

Superman knelt down beside her and lifted her into his arms. She was so light and fragile. “Perfection,” he whispered.

Lois’s eyes opened and she smiled. “Hi there, handsome. Are you taking me someplace?”

“I was going to set you down on your bed,” Superman replied. “You would have woken up with a stiff neck from sleeping on the couch.”

She grinned naughtily. “Bed sounds nice.” She wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him, really kissed him. “Mmmm, amazing.”

He sat back down on the couch with her. “No, Lois. We can’t. Remember?”

Lois rolled her eyes. “Right. My psycho ex-husband.” She kissed him again with a sigh. “You are just so addicting.”

Superman smiled. “I was thinking the same thing about you.”

“Oh, I bet you say that to all the girls.”

“There is only you, Lois,” he replied, kissing her again.

“Speaking of which…” She cleared her throat. “I heard what you said to Lucy the other night about loving me.”

“I know. I saw you standing behind her before I said it. I wanted you to know how I feel about you; that I was sorry for not telling you that I’m a household name.”

Lois flipped her hand in the air, like that argument was old news. “Superman…” She shook her head. “That just sounds wrong… Mr. Amazing, I need to know something… How many women have you been with?”

This was a shock. He hadn’t been expecting this question. Not tonight. He cleared his throat. “Is that important?”

“You don’t know me. I mean, you know me… but you don’t really, know know me, you know?”

He shook his head. What in the world was she talking about?

“I just need to know that you aren’t confusing this chemistry thing that we have – that we definitely have – with love. I want to know that you know the difference before I figure out what I’m feeling…” Lois looked at Superman, and although he could see the confusion and sadness in her eyes, it was nice to see emotion there.

“Before I answer any of your questions, Lois, I need to know that what I say stays between us. That you want to know about my past for you and not for any article or to score points at work.” On this point, he would not waver.

He could see the anger building up behind her eyes. Maybe seeing emotion there wasn’t such a great thing. But his girlfriend took a deep breath and let it go. “That’s a valid point. I have been known in the past to do almost anything for a story. But that is a line I have not now, nor will I ever, cross in my life for a story. Please, believe me when I say that I will not write an article about you from what you say to me.”

“And you won’t share what I tell you with Cat Grant?”

“Especially not with Cat Grant.” She waved off Cat as if she were a minor problem. “There will be a new editor starting soon anyway.”

“I know you’re confused right now, Lois. There is much about me you don’t know and I wish I could tell you, but I can’t… it’s complicated.” Superman held her. “You scare me, sometimes.”

“I scare you?” Lois giggled.

“How I feel about you scares me. How fragile you are scares me. If anything were to happen to you… I don’t know if I could survive in a world without you… I don’t know how I have survived this long. And because of all that, you’re probably better off without me.” The Man of Steel swallowed.

“You better not be breaking up with me, Amazing,” she snarled.

“I cannot break up with someone who already broke up with me,” he replied.

Lois held up a finger. “Technically, I was only telling you what you were going to tell me.”

“So, you don’t want us to be over?” he whispered.

Lois looked at him like he was crazy. “I think about you all day and dream about you all night. My body craves your touch, because I feel whole with you around… And empty when you’re not there. So, we’ll never be over…”

“Even if you found someone else, someone you fall in love with and want to have children with?” Superman whispered, looking away. “Someone without such a need for secrecy or worried about a PR nightmare because of your marriage to Lex?”

“Amazing, there is no comparison.” She took his chin and tilted it so he was looking at her again. “I can’t go back after you. It would be like having vanilla ice-cream my entire life, except for one weekend when I was able to eat double, fudge ripple with chocolate chunks and then be told I have to eat vanilla from then on. It won’t taste the same.”

“So, I’m chocolate?” Superman grinned with merriment.

“Most definitely chocolate.” Lois kissed him.

“And you, Lois Lane, are my Red Kryptonite.”

Her brow furrowed. “What’s that?”

“I’ve been told that it’s like Green Kryptonite, except that it wreaks havoc with my emotions instead of my cells.”

“What’s Kryptonite?” Lois asked, staring at him.

“Meteorite from my home planet of Krypton. The one thing that can kill me.”

She pulled him tighter. “I don’t like the idea that there’s something out there that can hurt you.”

He smiled, happy that she worried about him. “And yet everything out there can hurt you,” he murmured, his cheek touching her cheek; he was glad he remembered to shave before coming over.

“Hey, I’m a tough broad,” Lois said, pulling back with a wink. “It would take a whole heck of a lot to kill me.”

Superman ran his fingers over her hair. “Can we talk about something else?”

“So, are you going to tell me or not?” she asked, sitting back and touching his ‘S’ lightly.

“Tell you what?”

Lois gazed directly into his eyes. “How many women you’ve been with?”

He sighed. “I haven’t dated much, no.”

“Why? You’re a hunk. I’m sure you meet plenty of women.”

“Thanks, Lois.” Superman chuckled at her description of him. “But that’s not what I meant. I save plenty of women, yes. There are women who jump off bridges just to meet me. But I don’t usually stick around to talk to people much. I rescue them, put them someplace safe, get the bad guys to the authorities and then I’m on my way. Not much time for chit-chat. That’s what Clark Kent does. He interacts with the public for me.”

“I was wondering how your team works.” Lois thought about that information for a moment. “So, I was just a fluke.”

“In what way?” Superman asked, baffled by her logic.

“You couldn’t just rescue me and set me on the sidewalk and go. You had to take me somewhere safe, only because of the cyclone your public relations guy was stuck in Singapore and you were forced to interact with me yourself.”

“Oh, that kind of fluke. Yeah.” Superman smiled at the title she gave Clark Kent. “You could put it that way. But I wasn’t forced to interact with you, Lois. That was my choice. I wanted to make sure you were okay.”

She raised an eyebrow. “But you weren’t expecting Hurricane Lane to invade your shower.”

Superman cleared his throat. “Ahh, no.” He pulled her in for a kiss. “Showering hasn’t been the same since.”

Lois pulled back. “I need to know, Amazing. If I hadn’t come into your shower, would you have made a move on me?”

“I had just rescued you from an emotionally abusive husband, so no.”

She waved Lex aside. “Other than that. If I had been kidnapped by some random psycho, would you have made a move on me?” She looked him directly in the eyes. “The truth.”

Superman sighed. “No. I need to be one hundred percent positive about someone before I make that big step.”

“And, of course, you weren’t one hundred percent positive about me when I climbed into your shower.” Her voice shook. “Then why didn’t you just leave? I’m sure you could have zipped out of there, untouched by the crazy lady. I mean, you’re you; you can do anything.”

He caressed her cheek with his hand. “I can’t do everything.” He pressed his lips to hers. “I cannot resist you.”

A hint of a smile brushed her lips. “But I was a naked woman in your shower. How many men could resist that?”

“It wasn’t just some random naked woman in my shower, Lois. It was you.”

She punched his shoulder with a smile. “So, if it had been some buxom blonde starlet who climbed into your shower…”

“I would have flown for the hills.” He laughed. “Faster than a speeding bullet.”

Lois pulled him into a kiss, too deep to break away from without getting dizzy. When she did finally let him come up for air, she snuggled up against his shoulder. “Why?”

Superman rolled his eyes. Sometimes Lois Lane talked too much. Couldn’t she just enjoy their one night together without asking so many darn questions? No, he guessed not. A Lois Lane without questions, without curiosity, wouldn’t be Lois Lane. He sighed and asked the inevitable, “Why, what?”

“Why didn’t you run to the hills when I stepped into your shower? What makes me different from that random buxom blonde? Besides the obvious, of course.”

He kissed her cheek. “I’m not in love with the buxom blonde,” he whispered.

“But you were in love with me? A complete stranger you had met only several hours before?”

Superman’s jaw dropped. Oops. How had she just wormed that out of him? She was quite the interviewer. He would have to be more careful. He cleared his throat and replied, “But you weren’t a complete stranger to me, Lois. Remember, Clark Kent has been looking for you for years.”

“Uh-huh.” She chewed on that for a moment. “Why? Why didn’t he give up, like everyone else?”

“Not everyone else. Perry and your father never gave up.”

“You’re changing the subject. And don’t tell me that you convinced him to keep looking for me because you had fallen in love with me. You didn’t show up until February and he was still looking for me in January. Are you telling me that Superman and Clark Kent have known each other for years?”

He sighed. “Truthfully, no.”

“So?”

“You’ll have to ask Clark yourself.” Superman winced. He really didn’t want to have that conversation. How could he stop her from asking Clark that question? “But I think it’s because he became obsessed with the mystery.”

“The mystery or me?” She sat up straight. “Did Clark Kent become obsessed with me? And then he told you all about me and you developed a crush on me, too?” She shook her head with that chain of thoughts. “You stole me away from him!” She gasped at him in shock.

He chuckled at her leap of conclusions. “Hardly.”

“What’s that supposed to mean? That Clark Kent doesn’t have any qualities a woman like me could fall for? He’s sweet and kind and cute and… and courteous… and funny… and…”

“Are you trying to make me jealous?” he asked wryly.

“Maybe,” she said with a pout. “You aren’t much of a friend, Superman. What chance did Clark Kent have after I met you? Made love to you. None.” He had been demoted from Amazing to Superman. “Is that why you brought me out to Smallville, leaving him back in Singapore? So, you could get in good with me before I even met him?”

“If it’s any consolation, he wouldn’t have made a move either because you’re married.”

“That hasn’t stopped you,” she grumbled.

Superman had to nip this conversation thread in the bud. “Lois, you’re making a mountain out of a molehill. Firstly, you made the move, not me. And secondly, publicly, there can be no ‘us.’ Lex Luthor has made it perfectly clear that he plans on dragging me and Clark Kent down into the mud, if there is even a suggestion of impropriety on our parts…”

Lois sniffed. “Like staying up all night making love to his wife on Christmas Eve?”

“Yes.” He cleared his throat. “Or any other night for that matter.”

“So, what you’re saying is that I’m still screwed?” She harrumphed.

Superman took her gently by the shoulders and looked deep in her eyes. “What I am saying is that I love you so much that I will wait for you, no matter how long it takes for you to rid yourself of that horrible man. You are worth it.”

“Really?” Lois asked a hint of a smile appearing on her lips.

“Definitely.”

“I can’t screw this up?”

He laughed. “Well, if you went running through the streets of Metropolis yelling at the top of your lungs that you had had an affair with Superman…”

“Or wrote up an article entitled Details of Superman’s Super Love Making?” Lois giggled with a raised brow.

“Cat would just love that.” Superman laughed.

“Wouldn’t she, though?” She grinned. “Of course, I’d have to sell it to the Daily Whisperer. It’s too racy for the Daily Planet.”

“Definitely.”

Lois shifted herself onto his lap, straddling him. She wrapped her arms around his neck. Yet it was Superman, who pulled her to him with another mind-blowing kiss.

“So, only the ultimate betrayal would make you stop loving me?” she whispered.

“Uh-huh.”

“Then I better be good.”

“Uh-huh,” he murmured, still kissing her.

“Where do you live?”

Superman pulled away from her, the cold water of her question dripping down his face. “What?”

“Do you live at the Smallville house?”

He shook his head. “Lois.”

“I can’t help it. I don’t know anything about you. I need to know more.”

“How much more?” he inquired hesitantly.

She tossed her hands into the air. “Everything.”

“I thought you wanted to figure it out on your own. Prove to yourself that you still have the right stuff.”

Lois put her hands on her hips and glared at him. “I have the right stuff!”

He raised an eyebrow.

“I know that there’s another side to you that you haven’t let me see since I got my sight back.”

“What do you mean?”

“I know that you don’t always wear the blue suit,” she said pointing at his chest.

“I know you know that. You know that side of me better than anyone.” Superman kissed her nose.

“Well, yes.” She smiled. “But, sometimes, you wear regular clothes.”

“Do I?” His jaw dropped. She had noticed that, had she? Her curiosity was insatiable.

“Who are you when you aren’t in the blue suit?”

He picked her up and spun her around. “That’s for me to know and you to figure out, Miss Metropolis’s Best Investigative Reporter.”

“Whoa! Look at all the pretty lights. Amazing, you decorated my apartment.”

He set her down by the Christmas tree. “Merry Christmas, Lois.”

“I think I might be falling for you, Mr. Amazing,” she whispered, gazing at the tree. Then she turned to him with a mischievous expression. “Let me have another peek under that blue suit, this time without being blind.” She batted her eyelashes. “Please.”

Superman picked her up and set her on his hips. “I don’t know, Lois. Making love to me might be different without the touch and feel method.”

Lois breathed into his ear. “It could be better.” She sent a shiver down his spine as he tried to think how it could possibly be better.

“I’m trying to be good, Lois. You are making it hard.”

She grinned, then breathed into his ear again. “Hard or difficult or both?”

“Lois Lane!” Superman gasped with a chuckle that got muffled by her kiss, which melted him to the floor. He was finally able to pull himself away a minute later. He sat back and wrapped his arms around his knees. “You’ve got to stop tempting me.”

Lois crawled towards him on all fours, her long hair partially covering her face. “Why?”

Superman zipped to the other side of the couch. “Because if I make love to you again, I won’t be able to stop.” He shrugged. “Remember, no resistance.”

She kept crawling towards him. “Who wants you to stop?”

“Lois.” He zipped to the other side of the room. “I should go.”

“No!” Lois stopped and sat down on the floor next to the Christmas tree. “Oooh, presents.”

Superman picked her up and moved her away from the tree. “Wait until I’m gone.”

Lois pressed a kiss to his lips. “Will I see you tomorrow?”

“No, I don’t think so, Lois,” he murmured. “I’ll be too busy doing the breast stroke in the Arctic.”

She smiled and ran a finger down his chest. “You are hot.”

“It’s probably best if we don’t see each other close-up and alone like this for a while,” Superman told her.

Lois frowned. “I know.” She leaned her head against his chest. “Can I add one condition to that?”

“Hmmm.”

“Can I get your first New Year’s kiss?”

“Who else would I kiss?” Superman murmured, running his fingers through her hair. He held her in silence for the longest time, not wanting to let go, not wanting to say another word. Then he kissed the top of her head, before he floated towards the window.

Lois watched him go, her eyes brimming with tears.

He stopped at the window and blew her a kiss. “I’ve only ever been with Lois Lane,” he whispered and disappeared out the window.

Lois ran to the window, but he was already gone. A blur in the night to be confused with Santa Claus. She shut and locked the window. She turned off the Christmas lights and stumbled to her bedroom for a good cry.

When Lois opened her bedroom door, she saw boxes of gifts scattered here and there around her room. Instantly her tears disappeared. With childish grin she ran inside to start opening them. Inside each one was a box of chocolates from a different country. Switzerland. Belgium. France. Germany. Norway. Brazil. Austria. England. Venezuela. Canada. Spain. Portugal. Japan. And, of course, America. Dark chocolate. Milk chocolate. Mexican Hot Chocolate. Liquor filled chocolates. Maple filled chocolates. Cream filled. Caramel Chocolates. Coconut Chocolates. Boxes of chocolates. Handmade chocolates from specialty shops. Bars of chocolates. Even a bag of chocolate kisses. More chocolates than it would take her a year to eat. OK, maybe not a year. She laughed and laughed until the tears ran down her face. Mr. Amazing certainly was her chocolate in a world of vanilla.

*** End of Part 7 ***

Comments

Chapter 5: Part 8

Last edited by VirginiaR; 01/12/15 04:36 PM. Reason: Fix Broken Links

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.