Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Missing Lois - TOC

A taste of Chapter 5, Part 5...

This connection she felt with Clark Kent was because of her old crush, Lois told herself. That was all. It didn’t mean anything. It couldn’t; Lois liked Mr. Amazing.

“Excuse me?” Clark asked, letting go of her hand. And as quickly as it had come the feeling disappeared.

“Your hands. They are so warm.”

“Oh.” Did he sound disappointed? “How am I your hero, Lois?”

Lois couldn’t stop herself from grinning. “You sent me Superman.” You saved me from Lex, would have been a more accurate answer. But she still didn’t understand how she reading his articles and seeing his name had helped her get her memories back. She had never met him before. One of them surely would have remembered.

“Ah.” She heard Clark swallow, before he spoke, “Perry has told me so much about you, I feel like I already know you.”

Lois took a step away from the end table and Clark automatically took her arm. “May I be your guide?”

“Just this once,” she replied, wondering why he had this effect on her. He guided her to the sofa. “When I have my bearings back I’ll expect you to treat me like everyone else.”

“I don’t think I can,” he murmured.

“Why not?”

“You’re Lois Lane, the best investigative reporter in Metropolis. You’re better than everyone else.”

Lois laughed. “Oh, Clark. Flattery used to get you everything, but not anymore.” Not since she met Mr. Amazing. She grinned in Clark’s general direction. “But I might make an exception for you.”

“Lois!” That was her father. She had forgotten he was there.
Thank you so much to my Beta Readers. You really keep me on my toes. thumbsup

Please post feedback here.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 01/12/15 04:31 PM. Reason: Fix Broken Links

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Great chapter! I enjoyed Lois's reaction to shaking Clark's hand.

Argh! Cat! She's being such a . . . Witch! I am so looking forward to Lois taking her down a peg or two!

~Mel~
I
Blogger
Blogger
I
How could Cat do it? It's so unfair, I guess I don't like myself for looking forward reading all Lois investigation.
Also canon Clark is getting more confused.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Melray and immery: Cat and Lois have never gotten along, in canon and, now, neither in alt-world. This time Cat has editorial power over alt-Lois and she doesn't mind using it. Cat will ... Edited for spoilage Alt-Lois has more patience than canon Lois in that regard. laugh

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
I love these types of references to the original Superman show.

And if I hear one word against me in your paper, you can tell little Jimmy Olsen he’ll have a slander suit on his hands faster… faster than a speeding bullet.”
It's fun how you've shifted things around - that Lois has a crush on Clark but knows Superman. I love that line that Lucy says it took it two years. But being blind, Lois has less to go on. I'm thinking she might be tipped off by his voice because she has less distractions.

Joan

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
/must squeeze one last FDK in/

She turned off the water and faced him, while drying off her hands. “I don’t know, Clark. Why don’t you fly back to Metropolis and see?”
Clark!

“What? She said that she wasn’t leaving until today?”
Right. Was just yesterday.

Martha wrapped an arm around his shoulder. “Because she’s the other Clark’s Lois, not yours.”

He raised a skeptical eyebrow at her. “Mom, please. I know my wife. And that Lois was my Lois.”
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Joan: Possibly. Possbily not. laugh I try not to use those cliche quotes too often. But they do pop up from time to time in my stories. I try to put a unique twist or context to them.

Michael: Thank you for not being able to resist one more FDK. laugh

Right. Was just yesterday.
On Thurs, canon Lois told canon Clark she was staying in Smallville until Sunday, but then left to go back to alt-dimension early (Sat.) because canon Clark said he'd come back and see her on Sunday. And she knew if she saw him again it would be difficult (willpower wise) to return to the other dimension, even though her future self told her she HAD to.

Now that's a trick question!
That Martha Kent, she's a tricky woman.

Chaperon.
You say potato, I say tomato.

She really should wash her forehead. She still has the "I spent my weekend with Superman" writing there with permanent marker.
Being blind, she can't see it.

Yep. And once Lois finds out about Lucy and Superman... oh boy.
What? You think Mr. Amazing might turn into Mr. Casterated?

See? See? I said so first!
Isn't it nice to know you can think like Lex Luthor? peep

Yes, but he has co-workers who do, if needed.
Ralph didn't MEAN to run over the Waynes!

You know, couldn't Clark, Lucy, and Lois collectively quit and walk over to the Metropolis Star? Or threaten to, if Cat isn't removed from editorial responsibilities.
But then -- Ewww -- he'd have to work at the Metropolis Star... isn't that just a glorified tabloid? Anyway, Clark doesn't want to show the world or his collegues exactly how close he and their ex-superstar reporter got.

Oooooh, hope Clark doesn't take it personal that Lois serial-monogamizes him next. After all, she broke up with Superman. And I'm not sure if this is better or worse than Dan. Oh dear. Oh dear.
Technically broke up with Superman... on paper.

Mr. Amazing? Or just 'amazing'?
That's the age-old question.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Being blind, she can't see it.
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard