Missing Lois - TOC

Author’s Note: The “Lois” in Chapter 5 and 6 refers to alt-Lois. Canon Lois will be called “Lucy” to help lessen the confusion between the two characters.

Story Notes: This story is mostly set in alt-dimension, although visits to the canon dimension do happen from time-to-time.
- Clark = Alt-Clark unless otherwise noted (such as when we are in the canon dimension, then 'Clark' is canon Clark)
- Lucy El = pregnant canon Lois avoiding the curse by hiding out with alt-Clark, aka Lois's secret identity
- Kal = Lucy El's husband's name, or what Lois-Lucy and alt-Clark call canon Clark
- Lois = alt-Lois, wife of Lex Luthor
- Lola Luthor = Clois (Cloned Lois), ‘wife’ of Lex Luthor
- Sam Lane = alt-Lois's Dad, Lois's doctor & roommate
- Martha and Jonathan Kent = canon Clark's parents
- Mayor White = aka Perry White, former Editor-in-Chief at the DP
- James Olsen = owner of the Daily Planet, Lois-Lucy's friend
- Cat Grant = helping alt-Clark out with PR on his '50 dates' charity winners and social columnist at the DP, now Acting Editor-in-Chief at the DP
- Dr. Bernard Klein = S.T.A.R. Labs scientist and Superman's 'doctor'
- Barry Balson = Superman beat reporter for DP
- Lex Luthor = no explanation necessary, same bad guy as always, this time bald
- Jaxon Xavier = Lex Luthor's son and spy at The Planet, does website design and research for the paper

- The only people who know canon Lois's true identity in alt-world are alt-Clark, Sam, Moonbeam (alt-Star) and Dr. Klein. Alt-Clark told Mayson Drake that Lucy El is his sister-in-law and that he has a twin brother, but not about the other dimension. Mayson didn't believe him (thinking instead that Lucy was a con-artist).

What happened in Chapter 5: Part 3...

Clark returned to Metropolis to make sure Lois’s apartment was safe for her return and bumped into Lucy, who returned early from her trip to the Kents’ farm. They decided that it would be best – since Lois was blind and needed some assistance – for the two Loises to share the apartment and for Sam to move temporarily in with Clark. Lucy guessed correctly that more had happened between Clark and his Lois than he let on. He asked her not to say anything to anyone for the good of Superman’s reputation.

Superman flew Lois to her apartment to a private greeting party – the whole ‘find Lois’ gang was there -- her father, Perry White, James Olsen and Lucy. Lois kissed his cheek and let him know that she knew he was Superman. To Clark it felt like she had been lying to him – as he still thought she knew nothing about him, even his moniker. Lucy tried to tell him that Lois was just getting him back for not telling him who he was, but Man of Steel had already disappeared out the window. Lois asked about Clark Kent and was told that he had been at the gathering, but left.

After midnight, Superman returned only to be denied entrance into Lois’s room by Lucy, who thought she was protecting both Lois and Clark from the scandal their relationship would cause. Lucy argued with him about not revealing his true identity to his Lois, but Superman – after almost a year of every part of his life under a microscope -- loved that Lois accepted him without even a name. Instead of helping, Lucy just created a wedge between herself and the lovers. Clark was angry at Lucy for once again being right. And Lois was angry at Lucy for sticking her nose where it didn’t belong as Lois had no plans on letting her Mr. Amazing go so easily.

Part 4

Meanwhile, back in the Lucy’s home dimension…

Superman landed by the kitchen door and shook the snow off his hair and cape. Then he spun into his Clark clothes before entering his parents’ house.

Martha was at the sink washing dishes and jumped at his entrance. “Clark, you scared me.”

“Sorry, Mom,” he said kissing her cheek. “Lois still asleep?”

She turned off the water and faced him, while drying off her hands. “I don’t know, Clark. Why don’t you fly back to Metropolis and see?”

“Not that Lois, Mom. Your Lois.” He looked up, tempted to scan for her.

“She’s gone, Clark. Best forget about her.”

Clark’s eyes bulged. “What? She said that she wasn’t leaving until today?” He flew quickly around the house and out to the barn, but sure enough the time machine was gone.

He sat down on a bale of hay and put his head in his hands. He had had her in his grasp, but let her slide through his fingers. He should have known she was lying to him. His Mom entered the barn and sat down next to him.

“She left last night.”

“I told her I’d be stopping by this morning.”

“Ah.” His mother nodded. “That explains her early departure.”

Clark glanced up at her. “She was avoiding me again? Why would she do that?”

Martha wrapped an arm around his shoulder. “Because she’s the other Clark’s Lois, not yours.”

He raised a skeptical eyebrow at her. “Mom, please. I know my wife. And that Lois was my Lois.”

“Clark, who is more likely to lie to you, me or Lois Lane?” Martha asked.

His heart sank. “Why would she lie to me, Mom? Why raise my hopes like that?”

She was silent a moment. “Because she misses her Clark. She was pretending you were him.”

“Did something happen to the other Clark?” Clark hardly knew the man, but he couldn’t deny the connection.

His mother sighed. “She’s legally still married to Lex Luthor.”

Clark’s jaw dropped. “But, Mom, she’s really…”

“I know. Lex is fighting their divorce tooth and nail. He won’t let her go. Does that surprise you?”

“Mom.” He swallowed the bitter taste in his mouth. “Is that Lex’s child?” He hated to ask the question; just the thought of Lois and Lex… He shivered in disgust.

“No. It’s Clark’s baby. Maybe that’s why you felt such a pull towards her.”

“Oh, my God. Poor Clark.” And with Lois still married to Lex. He shook his head.

“It’s been especially hard on them, since Tempus outted him, everyone in his dimension knows he’s Superman. So, he and Lois have had to cut off almost all contact since they found out about the baby. And when she started to show, she had to go into hiding completely for fear that Lex would try to claim the child as his own if he found out about it.”

Clark’s past problems with his own Lex paled in comparison, he thought, still shaking his head. “Forgive me, Mom, but his dimension really sucks.”

She smiled. “And your life has been a bed of roses?”

“At least I have my Lois to come home to every night. It truly makes me appreciate what I’ve got.”

Martha patted his knee. “And, yet, here you are looking for your future wife in the present.” She shook her head, standing up. “I don’t know how I’m ever going to get a grandchild with you spending so much time over here.”

Clark laughed. “Got it, Mom. Message received, loud and clear.” He kissed her cheek. “I love you, Mom.” He spun into his blue suit. “You’re the best.”

She smiled at him weakly, waving good-bye, as he took off into the air. He wondered as he entered the clouds, why she had looked so sad.

Early Monday morning, there was a knock on Lucy’s apartment door. She left the kitchen fully expecting to find Clark as she usually did at that hour. Instead Sam walked in.

“Oh, Sam. I’m sorry about the other night,” she said hugging him.

“I appreciate that, Lucy. Clark refuses to even look at me. I couldn’t take it any longer and had to get out of there. How did you two fare, yesterday? Best of buds?” he asked, hopefully.

Lucy rolled her eyes and avoided the question completely. “So, Clark’s back from Singapore, huh?” She raised a brow. She figured that was an excuse.

“He slept the entire day, yesterday. That cyclone really wore him out.”

More like Lois Lane wore him out, thought Lucy. “Mr. Sourpuss Chicken not coming by to walk me to work, then?”

Sam shook his head. “I doubt it. He grumbled something about being mad at you.”

She nodded. Great. Clark and Lois could team up against her. At least Sam still liked her.

He held up a note. “He wanted me to give this to Lois.”

Love notes? Cute, Clark. “She’s not up, yet. Did you read it?”

Sam shook his head. “It’s personal.”

“How is she going to read it, then?” Lucy asked, putting on her coat and John Lennon glasses.

“I thought you could…” He looked at her hopefully.

Lucy chuckled. “Doubtful. She’s pissed at me.”

“What happened?”

“Obviously, I crossed some line. She doesn’t want my help.” She glanced over her shoulder towards the bedrooms. “You might want to check her wrist though. I think she burned it trying to make coffee yesterday morning.”

“Ah. That’s why you called.” Sam nodded with understanding. “She’s never been one for asking for help.”

“That will make her relationship with Superman interesting.” Lucy smiled with a shake of her head. “‘Help, Superman!’ is my catch phrase.”

Sam wasn’t smiling. “What relationship?”

Oops, she had forgotten Sam’s parental nerve. “I meant, friendship, Sam. Just friendship.” She kissed him on the cheek. “If Clark’s not coming, I’m taking a cab. I don’t feel up to the exercise.”

He looked concerned. “How are you feeling? We should do another exam. It’s been a few weeks.”

“I’ll come to you. Too many questions here,” she said, gesturing with her head towards to the bedrooms. “My back hurts a little. Nothing a bit of time won’t cure.”

“All this sitting around isn’t helping. I’ll tell Clark to make sure he takes you for a walk every day.”

Lucy sneered. “Woof. Woof.”

Lois appeared out of nowhere, stealthy thing. “Did we get a dog?” she teased.

“Good morning, Princess,” Sam said, crossing to her and kissing her cheek.

“Oh, goody. My morning babysitter has arrived,” Lois groaned, sarcastically.

Lucy shook her head. “Well, I’m off. Sam, we’ll meet up later. And Lois, do you think you could find your sunny disposition for when Clark stops by? He said he wanted to talk with you.”

“Clark’s really back?” she asked, feeling her way towards the kitchen. “And I finally get to meet him this time? If he sticks around, that is.”

Sam and Lucy exchanged a look, before Lucy answered. “He was exhausted. I bet he slept the day away. I’m sure he’ll explain everything when he stops by.” She pointed to Superman’s note and Sam nodded. “Bye.”

Sam shut the door behind Lucy.

“I don’t like her,” Lois started in. “Does she always stick her nose in where it doesn’t belong?”

Sam grinned, shaking his head. Not like anyone else he knew. “All the time, but she means well.”

Lois shook her head. “I can take care of myself, Daddy. I don’t need a babysitter.”

He joined her in the kitchen. “How about a personal chef?”

Lois scoffed, “You? Please.”

“I’m getting better. I can scramble an egg without burning it now.” He chuckled. “Because of me Lucy hasn’t starved.”

“Daddy.” Lois pulled herself onto a barstool. “What’s up with you and her, anyway? Is she your girlfriend?”

Sam blanched. “Absolutely not! I would never… Lois, how could you suggest such a thing? She’s your age.”

“Whoa!” Lois held up her hands. “Just asking.” She was quiet a minute, thinking. “She’s my age?”

Sam swallowed, pulling out the frying pan. “Exactly,” he murmured. He raised his voice. “And married.”

“Married?” his daughter gasped in surprise. “Where is her husband? And what are you doing making her breakfast?”

“Kal El is on some hush-hush secret job, negotiating peace treaties or something.”

Lois raised her brows. “Daddy, when someone has a hush-hush secret job like that, they don’t tell people they have a hush-hush secret job. They usually tell people they’ve got some boring accounting job or something.”

“Really?” He pulled the bread out of the fridge and dropped a couple of pieces into the toaster. “Clark asked if I could help her with her nutrition, because she has low blood sugar and forgets to eat.”

“Wow. He sure takes a lot interest in his co-worker’s lives,” Lois said suspiciously.

“Well, she’s also his best friend from college or something,” he explained, wishing she would stop asking him so many loaded questions. He wasn’t as good at this lying game at Lucy or his daughter.

“Hmmm. That’s strange,” she replied. “She said that she was Superman’s best friend.”

Sam closed his eyes and shook his head. They really needed to sync their stories if they were going to keep up this charade with Lois. He would bring the topic up the next time he saw Clark or Lucy. “They’re sort of a team. Her, Clark, and Superman.”

Her lips pressed together. “I thought as much.”

Sam put a plate of eggs and toast in front of her.

“Thanks for breakfast, Daddy. I need some practice with food preparation before I can live on my own.” She held out her wrist for him to examine.

It was just a minor burn. He kissed it and handed her some silverware. Then he got her a glass of juice and sat down next to her.

“Tell me about Superman, Daddy. What’s he like?”

Sam’s eyes bugged. He didn’t want to talk to his daughter about him. “Oh, I have a note for you.” He searched his pockets.

“From Superman?” She grinned, positively glowing. Oh, that wasn’t good.

“Ah, Clark gave it to me,” he replied, finding it.

“Oh.” She seemed crestfallen.

Sam opened the note and quickly scanned it. It seemed innocent enough. He cleared his throat. “Lois, I should have told you about who I am sooner. I’m sorry if I caused you any pain. Love, Superman.”

Lois held out her hand and he gave her the note. “Did he really write ‘Love, Superman?’”

Oh, this definitely wasn’t good. She had a silly grin on her face and slipped the note into her pocket.

“Lois, did something happen between you and Superman?” Sam really didn’t want to hear her answer.

“Of course not, Daddy,” she said, hopping down from her chair. “Technically, I’m married to that creep Lex. And Superman is… well, Superman. He would never do anything with a married woman, would he?” She grinned all too innocently. “But a girl can dream, can’t she?”

Yeah, right. Never do anything with a married woman. Uh-huh. Right. Sam watched as Lois ran her fingers along the wall until she reached the hall and turned. She was humming. Happy. Too happy from that note. This was not good, not good at all.

Clark sent his cyclone article to the printer. Lucy walked in and waved; he turned his back on her. He hated to admit she was right, because she was always right, especially about this. When it came to Lois Lane, he had no willpower. And whose fault was that? Who had been by his side since the summer, lowering said willpower? Then she had the audacity to remind him he had no self-control to stay away from the real… his real Lois Lane when he needed it the most.

The phone rang and he picked it up. “Clark Kent.”

Where’s my wife?

He turned around and faced Lucy, and mouthed ‘Lex Luthor’. Her eyes went wide.

“In a safe location,” he finally replied.

She’s my wife and I want her back.

Clark shook his head. “Well, she doesn’t want you back.”

Lucy scooted her chair closer.

You kidnapped her and you can quote me on that, Kent.

“Why don’t you give me your contact information, Lex, and I’ll pass it on to Lois. If she wants to contact you, she will.” He smiled, happily knowing full well Lois wouldn’t want anything more to do with her psychopathic husband.

What? So you can kill me and marry my widow? I don’t think so, Kent.

Lucy gasped.

Lex accomplished in wiping the smile off Clark’s face. “Unlike you, Lex, I don’t kill people,” Clark replied through gritted teeth.

Neither do I, Kent. Frogs on the other hand…” Lois’s husband said flippantly.

Clark growled. “So, can I quote you on that as well, Lex? You admit to killing Lois Lane’s clone, Lola?”

You can put words in my mouth all you want, Kent. When I am through with you, no one is going to believe a word you say or write,” Lex retaliated.

Clark swallowed and glanced at Lucy. “Do what you like to me, Lex. But Lois will never return to you willingly.”

I will find her, Kent, and she will come home to me. Willing or unwilling, it doesn’t matter. She’s my wife and always will be. And if I hear one word against me in your paper, you can tell little Jimmy Olsen he’ll have a slander suit on his hands faster… faster than a speeding bullet.” Lex hung up.

Clark returned his receiver to its base and glanced over to Lucy. “I’ve got to go tell her…” he said, standing up, loosening his collar.

“Morning meeting, Clark,” Cat called passing by him. “Come or you’ll be writing classifieds by morning.”

He sighed and grabbed his notebook. Lois could wait until after the meeting.

“He’s just trying to rattle you, Clark,” Lucy reassured him.

“It worked.”

As soon as the conference room doors were closed, Cat dropped her notebook on the table, instantly quieting the murmuring voices. “I think we should begin this meeting with a round of applause for Clark Kent, who not only found Lois Lane despite everyone else giving her up for dead, but also found time to file a separate story on the manmade cyclone.” Everyone clapped. Clark smiled sheepishly.

“I’d also like to thank you for not telling Lois that you’re Superman. I haven’t had such a good laugh since before she disappeared three and a half years ago.”

Clark glared at her as she once again laughed; others joined in, but he remained silent. He wouldn’t have anyone making fun of Lois by using him.

“Actually, in case she hasn’t informed you, Clark… or should I say, Superman? Has she even met Clark, yet?”

He continued to glare and less people laughed with her this time.

“No! Wonderful. I hereby forbid you to tell her that you, Clark Kent, are Superman.”

Clark’s eyes widened in surprise. “What?!”

“Any of you, in fact. As I told Lois the other evening on the phone, she needs to bring me all the information she can dig up on Superman before I’ll let her back here as a full time reporter,” Cat continued.

“Cat, that is unfair to Lois,” Lucy said the words that Clark could not speak. His tongue was still tied in shock.

“Unfair? She had the gall to throw in my face, her tagline of ‘Metropolis’s Best Investigative Reporter’ within breaths of admitting she had no idea who Superman is. I’m just giving her the chance to prove that she still has what it takes.”

“She has notebooks full of data on Lex Luthor and his dirty dealings,” Clark said finally speaking up.

“Kudos!” Cat replied. “I’ll be interested in reading those stories once they can pass legal. But my order still stands. Clark can only be referred to as Superman by anyone from the Planet, while in his blue suit. Otherwise, only refer to him – in and out of print – as Clark Kent. Anyone – and I mean, anyone…” She looked pointedly at Clark. “… informing Lois of any details about Clark’s double life will be writing obits for six months and if they’re lower on the totem pole…” She gazed at Lucy. “… they’ll be out-right fired.”

“Cat, you can’t do this to her. She’s blind and for the last ten months on total media blackout,” Clark explained.

Cat smiled like a Cheshire cat. “Which makes her investigating you a tad more difficult, but not impossible.”

“Plus I just got off the phone with Lex Luthor.” Clark glanced around the room for Jaxon, but the computer nerd wasn’t there. “He plans on re-kidnapping her the first chance he gets. Her life is in danger.”

“Then I’m guessing it’s an even more difficult assignment. Don’t worry, Clark. She’s a big girl. She can handle this. She’ll be angry, but that will only make her work harder. Now, what are you and Lucy working on? Cyclone damage and recovery?”

Clark pushed that story across the table to her. “Lois mentioned that Lex told her that her blindness was reversible. We’re going to look into that angle.”

Cat seemed to chew over that topic idea. “Fine for now. But if something more interesting pops up, I’m putting you on that instead.”

Clark nodded and glanced at Lucy. She gazed back with heartfelt sympathy. He didn’t hear much of the rest of the meeting. His mind was stuck on the snow job he had helped create for Lois. He dragged his feet back to his desk and buried his head in his hands.

Lucy tapped him on the shoulder. “Come on, Clark. It’s about time Lois met you.” She smiled, feebly.

“What’s the point?” he grumbled.

“We need to inform her of Luthor’s threat and to research our story.”

Clark groaned.

Lucy crossed her arms across her chest and stared at him. “Self pity is not a good look on you.”

He didn’t say anything, just glared back at her.

“Got it.” She sat down at her desk. “If you really don’t want to see her… I understand completely. She’s a bit headstrong. And pushy. And doesn’t take ‘no’ for an answer.” Lucy shook her head and started typing.

“You forgot stubborn,” Clark said, putting on his coat.

“Ugh. Don’t remind me.” Lucy rolled her eyes.

Clark took down her coat and whispered as he helped her put it on. “And exquisite.”

Lucy just shook her head. “To each his own.”

He grinned with merriment. “Precisely.”

“Huh? What?” she asked confused.

“Shall we?” he said, ignoring her questions as he held his hand out toward the elevators. “And sneaky and underhanded.”

“Really? We’ll have to keep an eye on her, then,” she suggested.

“My sentiments exactly.”

Lucy looked at him out of the corner of her eye as they rode down in the elevator. “You owe me a smoothie.”

“You can’t admit that you might have been wrong.” He grinned with delight. If Lucy had let him speak to Lois the other night, then they might not be in their current mess. Of course, he hadn’t been planning on telling Lois about Clark the other night.

“And you can’t admit I was right,” she replied. Of course, she was right. He had no self-control around Lois Lane. So, he would spend as much time as he could with her… as Clark Kent. As long as Lois didn’t know about his ‘secret’ identity, he could be close to her without breaking their deal of Superman and Lois staying apart. Of course, as soon as she found out, he would be a dead man.

They were greeted by a cold breeze outside the building. “I don’t care if Sam thinks I need exercise, we’re taking a cab.”

As they sat in the back of the cab, Lucy turned to him. “What did you say in your note?”

“I just apologized for not telling her about Superman,” he whispered his reply.

“I’m glad you didn’t write anything intimate… You don’t want a paper trail that Lex could use against you.”

“Of course not. I knew Sam or you would have to read her the note. I’m not a fool.” Clark smiled slyly. Sure, he didn’t need to use the word ‘love’ in salutation and normally wouldn’t in correspondence of any kind, especially as Superman. He would be more careful next time.

Clark took a deep breath and released it slowly as they stood on the front stoop of her apartment building.

“Nervous?” Lucy asked.

He shrugged.

“Are you more afraid that she’ll recognize you or that she won’t?”

Lucy had hit the nail on the head. He was torn between her recognizing his voice, knowing it was him – her Mr. Amazing – and knowing it would be better if she didn’t know at all.

“It took me two years to figure it out, Clark. Two years of being in love with two different sides of the same man.” Lucy smiled at him reassuringly. “Maybe she won’t be as blind as I was.” She pulled out her keys. “No pun intended.”

Lois felt around her bedroom once more. At least when she was in here, she could practice how many steps it was between furniture pieces without anyone watching. Four steps from the door, she could reach her bed. There was a night table on each side of the bed. Her dresser was three steps from the middle of the end of her bed. And it was five steps to the chair by the window. And then six steps from the chair back to the door. She practiced again and again until she could move about the bedroom without counting. This was the part about blindness that bothered her the most. That she had to practice moving around unfamiliar places.

Luckily, her apartment was almost exactly as she had left it. She pressed her lips together in disgust. With the exception of her new live-in roommate Lucy. Why did everyone think she needed someone with her? Plenty of blind people lived and survived just fine on their own. After the other night, she wondered if Lucy was more of a guard and less of a helper. But it wasn’t as if she was keeping Lois in, more like keeping Superman out.

If Lucy, Clark and Superman were a team, why appoint herself Lois’s protector and why would Lois need protection from Mr. Amazing? He was so gentle, kind, and loving. She sighed. Amazing. Would there be any other reason for Lucy to keep him away from her? Could she just be trying to protect his reputation? From what Lois heard of their conversation the other night, it sounded like Lucy was telling him what to do. He was almost begging to see her and Lucy kept saying, ‘No.’ How did she wield such power over Superman?

She remembered Superman saying, “I love her, Lucy. Please, let me speak to her this once.” How her heart had pounded in her chest when she had heard that. He loved her? How could he love her? He didn’t even know her… Well, except for… She smiled as she remembered the exception. She had heard of men saying they loved her to get into her bed, but never afterward. Perry had said he was naïve. Could he have been that naïve? Could he be so inexperienced with women that he believed himself in love with her after one weekend?

True, being with him was the best experience of her life. Being with him was certainly addicting. Being with him made her feel whole, complete. She didn’t feel nervous or scared or even blind around him. It was like she was home. She smiled. Yes, that was it. Mr. Amazing was her home. Without him, she felt frightened, alone, defenseless, empty, cold and blind. Had he also felt that connection between them? Was that what he was confusing for love? Was it love? How could it be love when she knew nothing about him? She was going to see what else she could learn from Lucy.

Lois shook her head. And Clark Kent wasn’t married. Imagine that. Here she slept with Mr. Amazing to get over her depression over Clark Kent being married and the man was still single. Crazy world. Turns out, Clark wasn’t the man she had thought he was after all, and Mr. Amazing was. Lois couldn’t believe Clark. Coming to her ‘Welcome Back’ Party only to leave before they could meet. What was up with that?

Lois heard voices out in the living room. Her father was talking to someone. Lois opened the door to her bedroom and stuck her head out. Slowly, carefully, so not to make a sound, she walked toward the living room. Living with Lex for three years had given her plenty of practice sneaking about.

“So, Cat is so determined for Lois to prove her investigative skills that she has forbidden anyone at the Planet, especially Lucy and I, to tell her anything about Superman, or she’ll demote us for six months.”

Who was that? His voice sounded familiar, but she couldn’t place it.

“Oh, she’s not going to be happy to hear that.” Her father sighed. “She and Cat have butted heads over everything since she started at the Planet. It isn’t fair to you or to her. She needs to know the truth.”

Truth? What truth? Was there something else they weren’t telling her?

Her father continued, “If you are unable or unwilling to do so, I will. In the meantime, can you tell me why my daughter is so obsessed with Superman?”

Lois gasped. How could he? To total strangers, too?

“We’re not alone.” That was Lucy. Damn. She had been seen.

Lois took a deep breath. Five steps, then stop. Be sure to remind them who was in charge. She entered the living room, bumping into the end table. Darn. Four steps. “What makes you think I can’t find out the truth on my own? I’m still a damn good reporter and if I have to prove myself to Cat or anyone else, I will. I don’t want anyone to shield me because I’m a little rusty or disabled. And my relationship with Superman is nobody’s business but our own.”

“Hi, Lois,” said Lucy. “I’ve brought by someone who wanted to meet you. Lois Lane. Clark Kent.”

Clark Kent? Her knees wanted to buckle, her heart started to race, and it felt like a cool breeze tickled her spine. This was the man who pulled her out of her Lola Dane haze. That was where she recognized his voice from – that telephone call she had made to him. She held out her slightly shaking hand. “Nice to finally meet my hero.” She smiled politely, despite still being slightly miffed over him for leaving her party before they could meet.

It took a moment, but Clark finally took her hand and shook it. Suddenly, Lois felt whole, safe, protected, and home. “Amazing,” she whispered.

*** End of Part 4 ***

Comments

Chapter 5: Part 5

Last edited by VirginiaR; 01/12/15 04:27 PM. Reason: Fix Broken Links

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.