Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Green-Eyed Monster TOC

Progress report: I have just completed typing Part 15 into the computer. Yeah! clap

Again, I would like to thank AntiKryptonite for letting me borrow her inspiration of Clark's discomfort with the smell of blood from Four Scents Worth .

Please post feedback here. Thank you.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 10/15/14 01:06 PM. Reason: Fixed broken Link

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
I
Blogger
Blogger
I
Nice chapter. I liked Lois warming up a little, and pushing to see Clark without glasses. You'd think, that if he's not Superman he wouldn't still obsess about it.
I liked how you put Herb and Tempus here, although I'm confused about their involvement in Miranda story is there any?

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ew Claude really is a creep. Nice job getting them to kiss anyway. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I'm assuming 'Jolly Roger' would be Claude
Yeah. I was going for the red skull and bones tattoo, aka the Jolly Roger.
as Lois hasn't met Lex Luthor yet.
clap

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
immery: What? Clark not obsess about something? <<shock>> Miranda... explained in Part 5.

Laura: Yes, well, Claude's a creep in any dimension.

Michael: Not so many questions, this time. goofy

How did he manage that without college?
Well, Lex Luthor does own the building where MJ's Cafe is located and he wants to build another Luthor Tower...

So, is there hope?
There's always hope.

Bad Inner-Lois. Bad.
<<snicker>>

But why does Inner-Lois make me believe that deep down beyond the 'blue-collar-guy' Lois actually saw a piece of prime beef she wanted to... grill.
Oh, so you have read ahead. Oh, wait, I don't think I've posted that part yet. blush Never mind.

Oops?
Clark Kent opens mouth, inserts foot. He forgot to mention that it was one of his daily exercises.

Ahm... Isn't he supposed to try to dig himself *out* of that hole?
... And two...

So she had some money left somewhere? Or did she visit Lex on a ... social call?
Really! She hasn't met Luthor yet. Actually, I'm about to send Part 23 to Beta and I still haven't written it yet. All good things come to those who wait. goofy

So, he's going to be busy then?
No comment. blush

Oh? Planning-Ahead-Clark? What's going on here?
I thought it was only canon Lois who was known for not planning ahead.

I did not see that one coming. Is that why the book store is called Daily Books? Is is in the old Planet building?
Actually when I first started writing I wasn't going to ressurect the DP at all, but then the characters insisted upon working towards that goal. Daily Books is not in the old Daily Planet building. Actually, the name not only as an homage to the DP but also as a pun (is that right use of that word?), a play on the phrase 'Daily Bread'.

shock This world is already messed up. What's Tempus up to now?
Same old. Same old. Messing with L&C lives.

Is he actually a descendent of Lois and Clark? After all, Lois has the same line of argument when it comes to locked doors and lockpicks.
Descendent? No. I had forgotten about Lois's line until you refreshed my memory. I have some vague recollection of Tempus saying something similar, but I could be mistaken.

So, he is just visiting to what the local soap opera? /looks hopefully/
What fun would that be?

Ooops, I sort of managed to forget about this tidbit here. So, what will he do? Will he cause Lois to sleep with Clark?
No. Other people than in canon will become infected.

Or will Tempus and Herb fall in lust. Just like the old Greeks. Okay, it was shameful for the boys to lust after their tutors, only the other way around was okay, but still...
Ah. No. Thank you. But as a classics major I'm very familiar with the liesure activities of the ancient Greeks.

Now I wonder if I should check out Wikipedia. Or is Tempus confused this H.G.Wells with the H.G.Wells from Warehouse 13?
Not familiar with Warehouse 13, but I'm assuming he's different than L&C's Wells. No, when I was researching my ML epic, (LOVE Wikipedia) I discovered that sweet Herb Wells wasn't as gentlemanly as he is in canon. He cheated on his wife and, I think, married his mistress and then, if I remember correctly, cheated on her as well. Sometimes one cannot erase the knowledge one learns. I much prefer canon HG Wells, but I'm assuming Tempus would be the type of man to do his research and throw in the dig where he can.

Does Herb know? And why would he want to expose Tempus to Miranda?
Herb's relationship with the Miranda knowledge will be explained in Part 5.

Jimmy pulled an imaginary knife out of his chest and handed it back to her. “Here. I think you forgot something.”*g*
Thanks for noticing this little moment with Jimmy. I could just picture him doing that.

Fun, but aside from their inside jape during their date, why is Claude comparing Clark to an alien? Is it because Clark's just an uneducated delivery truck driver?
Just a low-life scum Claude is. He was just quoting back Lois's line in jealousy and as a jab at Clark for getting farther with her than he did. Plus, I was curious what Clark's reaction to this line would be. laugh Especially not knowing it's backstory / previous use.

Wow, I made it to the end without accidently backspacing me out of my notes, again. Phew. Glad you are enjoying the story. It's fun to write something silly after the seriousness of Missing Lois.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Really! She hasn't met Luthor yet. Actually, I'm about to send Part 23 to Beta and I still haven't written it yet. All good things come to those who wait.
You're probably right. Lois is still new in town and while I'm sure that Lex likes his 'dates' to be young and healthy, he likely also looks for quality which requires a certain amount of experience and recommendations.

Not familiar with Warehouse 13, but I'm assuming he's different than L&C's Wells.
Sort of: Helena Wells
[Linked Image]
(yes, still the author)

It's fun to write something silly after the seriousness of Missing Lois.
True. And yes, I also have to work through the material one after the other during catch-up blush And since Missing Lois looks like it's going to go on for a while blush blush

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard