#8066 11/16/03 12:31 PM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great story. drool

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Aw very nice ending. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Laura

I love this part! smile1

Tricia cool

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Okay, Laura, I understand that they needed to perform the red light thingy so that they could have Bernie perform the test and see if the inhibiting factor was removed. Fair enough, although four months is not all *that* long to wait for a baby. laugh When Lois kept insisting they weren't ready for a child, I imagined your postcript would take place after four *years*. smile

Be that as it may, I was LOLing at the new member welcomed into their homes: not the baby, but the Pulitzer. goofy It's a bit of a tease not to tell us what they did to win it, but I'll let that pass. But what had me really horrified was their son's NAME. eek eek YOU NAMED HIM AFTER HERB? No wonder Tempus would go to all odds to oppose his birth! laugh

Nice little story, Laura. Thanks for sharing. smile

Hazel

Lois: You know the deal.
Clark: Superman gets the guys in capes, Lois and Clark get the guys in suits.

-- Action Comics 827
Kerth
Kerth
Yay!! wave

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Top Banana
Top Banana
Laura,

I really found all the science to be so clever. I love your simple solutions to the complex problems. They went down easily.

I do need to go back and read the first story, don't I? I enjoyed this one so much, and appreciated you were doing something really original.

CC

You mean we're supposed to have lives?

Oh crap!

~Tank
Features Writer
Features Writer
Laura,
just caught up with 3&4
great wrap-up
beautiful
merry

Y
Top Banana
Top Banana
Y
Thanks to everyone that stuck with this story laugh . I know it wasn't as good as the first, but you all know how much I like writing about cool medical things wink .

The reason it only took a few months for them to concieve a child all relates back to serendipity. It was a happy, unexpected event. They knew it would happen, but they weren't sure when.

I didn't say what they did to win the Pulitzer because I didn't feel it was necessary. The message is that they did win, but it wasn't really important at this moment in time.

The reason they named their son after Herb is explained in the first story, I think.

I do need to go back and read the first story, don't I? I enjoyed this one so much, and appreciated you were doing something really original.
Thank you, CC! I am glad you think it's original. Everything mentioned in this story about the kryptonite vaccine and the fertility treatment was made up off the top of my head -- after a lot of chemistry, biology, biomedical engineering classes laugh . I still remember sitting in the atrium in Clapp Hall before the class I TA'd last semester jotting down equations like D+2Kr ----> death and the professor I worked for staring at me like I was crazy wink .

Thank you, everyone, for your support and wonderful comments! If anyone is still interested, I am currently in the process of plotting and writing the story about the alternate Lois and Clark. I am not promising anything, but I think it isn't just going to be one story. It is looking more like a whole series of stories. What can I say? That universe is complicated wink .

Laura "The Yellow Dart" U. (Alicia U. on the archive)

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." -- Christopher Reeve

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard