OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Green-Eyed Monster TOC

Please post feedback here. Thank you.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 10/15/14 01:08 PM. Reason: Fixed broken Link

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Reading. A little confused by some things but I am sure it is just me. That is nice that Clark is so charitable.

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
MJ's Cafe-- I love it!! smile1

EvelynC
Kerth
Kerth
Another great installment! Loving the fact that you made it Clark's green eyed monster, and how it comes out even with Eduardo. Also, I *love* the fact that Perry White knows. The one shortfall of the tv show was that they never said Perry knows (explicitly, that is- I'm sure he does) wink Can't wait for more!

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
I
Blogger
Blogger
I
I liked your idea for this story, and Clark's green eyed monster.
I feel like this story is in the middle between LnC and Smallville, but that's more about Smallville-like setting (Blur-like Clark, people randomly finding out secret, Martha at restaurant, Lois doing random job) with more LnC characters.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Laura: Clark is always sweet that way, helping out the woman he loves any way he can. smile1

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
From the last FDK-FDK blush
She still had her purse. He used her keys.
Yes, but Lois is scared about him coming back. And unless he stole a set of keys or made a print of her set, he still can't get in.

And letting her know he had overheard her conversation with Perry like that, also a bad idea.
Unless I completely missed this in part 2, but I didn't see anything about Lois going into details of her getting ditched.

To be truthful, Clark had seen his own green-eyed-monster lurking around as well.
Well. Well. Well. But why do I get the feeling it's going to be more than just Clark. After all, Lex holds both MJ's restaurant and the bookshop.

She had spoken about the rain like it was the bogey man. That night still haunted her.
dizzy

But not Lois. He couldn’t leave her on the street in that condition. Not in the pouring rain. Not in that neighborhood. So he had taken her home. Back to her apartment.
Hmm... does that mean he leaves other young women in short black dresses to fend for themselves in the rain, in bad corners of the city?

Also she was soaked through to her underwear. He swallowed, taking another drink of his fruit punch. He hadn’t meant to peek. First he had been checking for injuries…

Sure, keep telling yourself that, Kent. Maybe someday you’ll actually believe it. His conscience was an annoying best friend.
evil

/waves/ (no graemlins left...)

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Well, Michael, wow! You catch details that I definitely missed. Let's see what I can do about clarifying some things...

Originally posted by Darth Michael:
From the last FDK-FDK blush
Yes, but Lois is scared about him coming back. And unless he stole a set of keys or made a print of her set, he still can't get in.
Paranoia isn't always logical. Of course, she'd assume he made copies. laugh

Unless I completely missed this in part 2, but I didn't see anything about Lois going into details of her getting ditched.
Yep, you're right. Maybe I should add a line for the archive version. Thanks for catching this.

Hmm... does that mean he leaves other young women in short black dresses to fend for themselves in the rain, in bad corners of the city?
thumbsup

You know, thanks to some recent mentioning of Spiderman I ran across, I kept wondering and wondering what Spiderman's Mary Jane will play in this fic blush *sigh* That's what one gets for reading alt-alt verses. Well, that and lot's of laughs wink
lol Not that MJ. I was going more for Martha & Jonathan.

Yes, but is Jolly Roger a human being or just a piece of cow leavings? And having Jolly Roger miss a corner and bump into an opening door or a table, right where his legs meet his body, well, that's not really *hurting* a piece of cow leavings, is it?
Cow droppings. Yeah, that describes Claude pretty well. But Clark is better than that. He won't hurt someone who resembles cow droppings either. He wouldn't want to soil his hands.

How old is he? I always figured him to be in his late forties, early fifties and not at all Lois's type
40's seems about right for Eduardo. But how old was canon Lex Luthor? When he had sons that were Lois's age? So, canon Lois is known for dating older men. Anyway, Lois turned Clark down. He doesn't know what her type is.

Okay, he only invited her to an unspecified dinner at MJ's but now Lois has figured out more?
He claimed he wasn't asking her out on a date, but she didn't believe him. Then when she caught him watching her in the store, his interest in her became obvious.

Yes, but has he? And now I really wished I remembered whether Clark's study of the Kama Sutra is fanon or canon.
Clark is quite well read.

Huh, yeah. But is it better to have people believe she really did try to carry him into bed before their first date even started? It does give her a certain reputation.
If nobody was going to believe her version of the truth, she might as well tell her version of the untruth.

/nods/ but what of her long-term reputation?
What? Lois THINK before she speaks?

So he still has a chance then?
It wouldn't be much of a romance if he never had a chance.

confused I thought he worked for a publishing company and was just delivering to the bookstore on his route?
He works for a UPS clone by the name of MDS (Metropolis Delivery Service). Publishing houses don't have the funds for their own delivery trucks, especially nationwide.

Oh, so they have only one guy working there on the weekend, taking care of everything instead of five. But what about HR?
Yes, what about them?

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
blush

Yes, what about them?
Well, isn't there some check and balance, some statistics, etc, that would cause a red light to go up if there's one security guard earning five times that of the others? Or has Perry complete control over the bookstore and only has to show the profit he's making?

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Darth Michael:
blush

Yes, what about them?
Well, isn't there some check and balance, some statistics, etc, that would cause a red light to go up if there's one security guard earning five times that of the others? Or has Perry complete control over the bookstore and only has to show the profit he's making?

Michael
We'll have to see what happens, won't we? laugh

VirginiaR.
---

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard