Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Missing Lois - TOC

A taste of Chapter 5, Part 2:

Lois, is that really you, honey?

“It’s really me, Perry.”

He laughed. “Woo-Woo! He did it! Saints alive, he did it. Where are you, honey?

“I don’t know for certain, Perry. Someplace safe, apparently, and cold.” She shivered, taking a deep breath. The fire in the fireplace must be dying down.

You’re not back in Metropolis, yet, then?” He sounded concerned.

“No. He…” She couldn’t say his real name. “He had to fly back to Singapore… the cyclone and all.”

Lois, honey, is everything alright? You sound funny.

She never could disguise her feelings from her editor and friend. “Oh, Perry. Please, tell me he isn’t green.”

In the King’s name, Lois, please tell me you didn’t.

Lois was crying in earnest, now. “Oh, he is green! I knew he was too perfect to be perfect.”
Thank you to my Beta Readers who have forgotten more about comma placement that I'm sure I ever learned in school. They keep me true to my characters and to the canon. Thank you. clap

Please post feedback here. Thank you.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 12/14/14 06:14 PM. Reason: Fixed broken Links

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
Wow - this Lois is different, especially when it comes to men, but that makes sense given her alternative history.

I warned you not to steal Claude away from her.”
How like Lois to contact the Planet as soon as possible. I hope it doesn't take long for she and Clark to ressolve things.

BTW,there's a minor font mistake:

“Uh-huh,” answered Barry, slowly. “[/i]O-kay… Ah, Lois, don’t you know that Clark is… Wait. Lex? As in Lex Luthor – that billionaire? He was the one holding you captive?[/i]”

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Joan: Thanks for the typo catch. I sometimes post these before heading off to bed when my brain isn't fully functional. Alt-Lois starts out seeming at the other end of the spectrum from canon Lois, but as times goes by the reader will notice ... edited for possible spoilage. I thought it would be fun if Claude didn't crush her personal ego for once, only her professional one. laugh

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Two hours later Clark was in his bed with sleeping Lois’s head lying on his naked shoulder, wondering how he was ever going to survive this woman.
Wow. And wow, two missing hours! goofy

Thankfully, she had found the clothes he had left for her.
I think you have a homonym-issue (sic) there at the start. Shouldn't that read 'Unfortunately'?

“And in more than one room.”
Now look at that. Apparently, he's also a great showerer. Too bad, that the bedroom isn't on the list wink

She jumped into his arms and started tugging off his shirt. He swallowed, trying to back away, but she was attached. Oh, man, she wanted more of him. This was bad. Really bad. But in a really good way.
/gets worried about puddlification/

“Are you crazy? Nobody would believe me.” She reached her hand under his shirt and ran her fingers over the material of his blue suit. “Were we floating part of the time?”
clap

Lois could hear Perry’s voice inside her head, ‘You’ve got to know a man before jumping into bed with him, honey.’ She sighed.
Oh boy. Looks like she's been quite well known in regards to men.

“Yes, Perry. I know. I did it again.” Wham, whir, thank you, sir!
Oh boy.

If Mr. Amazing didn’t come back, she was sure she would go through withdrawal.
They could get a clone?

She took a bite of toast. And to think she had been crushing on Clark Kent with a man like Mr. Amazing in the world. He was like her daydreams of Clark only on steroids.
Now that's going to be interesting... /gets popcorn/

She would take friends with benefits for now, but…
laugh

“We’ll talk when I get back.” Talking wasn’t floating. Talking was the opposite of floating. Her heart sank. He better not try to break up with her. He better not try to dump her after last night. He couldn’t be one of those men.
Oh boy. Is she going to launch a preemptive strike?

He was hers! Her reward for having been married to Lex Luthor, for having given up sex for three years, for being blinded.
Awwww. and laugh

Well, Clark Kent, hope you don’t mind, but Lois Lane is going to reveal your hidden source. Can we say, ‘scoop’? This was just too big.
Umm...

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
“Well, who do you have who covers superheroes?”
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Michael: laugh evil I love alt-Lois. She's such a fun character to write.

/turns to class/ Notice how the subject has completely forgotten about the substitute once the original has been introduced into the system?
Substitute is blissfully out of dimension and <<whistles innocently>>

Well... it would end those annoying charity affairs...
It might stop all those annoying political meetings, dolls, comic books, t-shirts, fanmail, etc. It might make parents cross the street, so their children wouldn't see him.

/adds that to the discovery of his secret Lois-Lane-shrine and the disappearance of the Lois-Lane-look-alike.
/Note to alt-Clark/You forgot to install that 2nd security system.

/imagines EPA showing up because of suddenly-dry stream and endangered frog populations
Better than they showing up to look for hidden pockets of Kryptonite.

I think you have a homonym-issue (sic) there at the start. Shouldn't that read 'Unfortunately'?
He REALLY is trying to get back to Singapore to help with S&R, so a naked Lois would be distracting to that end.

Shouldn't she be discarding him right about now?
Me thinking Alt-Lois doesn't want to go back to regular men, after having Superman.

Oh boy. And that was not 'making love' what she did before. And actually, it wasn't officially 'making love' now, either. It's interesting for her to use such romantic notions given her approach towards the opposite sex.
Sorry, that was all me. I may be evil-fic-writer evil most of the time, but I just can't find it in my heart to have L&C refer to what they do together as anything but "making-love".

Looks like she got Lex out of her system.
Lex was a V-disease. Superman the cure.

Oh boy. Looks like she's been quite well known in regards to men.
Yes, Perry knows all about her background... and even about why starting using men like Kleenex. laugh

Oh boy. Is she going to launch a preemptive strike?
Wonder if that would work better than it did for Mayson?

Honey, didn't the Superhero-desk-transfer not clue you in?
She didn't realize that they took her seriously.

Well, what *did* you expect?
More.

Hey, I just had a thought! She might make a man out of Mr. Olsen!
No. She really does have standards. She didn't use men to get stories or get jobs or promotions. She used to use men just for fun. And I did mention about going back to regular men...

Total joke.
They know Clark and don't think he would, even though it IS Lois. So, yes, a joke.

Very captivating indeed!
Yes, Alt-Lois is quite captivating.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Substitute is blissfully out of dimension and <<whistles innocently>>
wave Michael

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard