Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Green-Eyed Monster TOC

Thank you all for your patience and comments during my vacation. I'm back now and will try to post twice a week until I've finished writing the story and then I'll up the pace.

I've completed (in the computer) 10 parts and have a bunch more to type in from my vacation.

It's so refreshing to write something silly and fun after the seriousness of Missing Lois. I hope you continue to read and enjoy.

Thanks again to my Beta Readers for their continued chuckles. smile1

Please post feedback here! Thank you.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 10/15/14 01:10 PM. Reason: Fixed broken Link

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Cute part. I am glad she is tempted by Clark already. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Kerth
Kerth
Great story so far. I like how you're drawing Clark in more- gotta admit, I was a little concerned with him being just a delivery man. But all is forgiven now with this part- and a little spark of romance smile1

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
clap

Her dress should have been soaked through, but she hadn’t woken up with a chill or smelling damp and musky. After hanging up her towel, she took her dress out of the laundry basket. The dress was dry. How was that possible? She put on her nightshirt and went back to her living room and felt her futon. Dry. She picked up her shoes, sopping wet and dripping on her carpet. She threw them in the trash.
Why did he dry her dress but not her shoes?

Who was he? She knew without a doubt that those strong arms belonged to a man. A man who smelled of smoke.
Someone who left her fully dressed after depositing her back home...

Had been in her apartment. Could have done whatever he pleased with her. Could come back. She shivered again with that thought, dislodging the tears.
Again, she had been dressed. Although, he might have redressed her after the fact, but that seems not *that* likely. Also, how would he get a key, unless he has a key-print-set?

“I don’t know how I got home last night. The thought terrifies me. I couldn’t sleep. Look!” She held up her visibly shaking hands. “I’m a nervous wreck.”
/sputters/

She looked up from her hands into his eyes and saw fear. Was he reflecting her thoughts with his eyes or was he scared of her?
Yes, he's sacred. Not of her. but that her memory might return.

“I’m not a drinker. And I don’t do drugs,” she snapped, pushing herself to her feet again.
A reasonable assertion, but in light of the events and persons involved, hilarious.

“I’m sorry.” He swallowed and appeared dismayed. “Do you really think he would hurt you? I mean, someone – this imaginary man – went out of his way to bring you home, safe and sound. That doesn’t sound like someone to be scared of, does it?”

Lois’s brow furrowed. “Are you defending him?”

Clark stood up and took a step backwards. “No. No. No,”
Yes yes yes.

“You probably got yourself home last night and the bump on your head caused you to black it out. Makes more sense than some mysterious hero who saved you, flew you back to your apartment, placed you on the bed to sleep and then left, doesn’t it?” Clark raised his brows. “Maybe not as romantic, or terrifying, as the case may be, but more logical.”
Uh-huh...

Lois pressed her lips together. “Thank you, Spock.”
Oooh, Smalltown *and* a nerd.

She bent down over her magazines again and found some pieces of plastic. She was about to toss them into the trash when she noticed the security sensors and price labels. “Oh, great. Someone’s been using my receiving room to steal CDs.” She sighed.
What's up with that now?

“Well, telling me that someone ‘needs a warning label’ is kind of a vague indication of his true nature. A bright red skull and crossbones tattooed on his forehead would have worked better.”
And she's right. Cat's remark is more like 'scalding hot and fun' instead of 'best dunked into scalding hot hydrochloric acid if you want to see something fun'.

“So has he been bragging that he ditched me with the bill at Carlton House last night?”

Perry looked away. “Ah. No, not exactly.”

Lois froze.

“What you do in your off hours, Lois, is none…”
Oh dear.

Her boss grinned at her. “There’s the fire you need to show your co-workers. Show them your mad dog face.”

“What?”

“Show them your mad dog face. Let me see ‘Mad Dog Lane’.”

“ ‘Mad Dog Lane’?” she repeated, incredulously.
Yes, where did Mad Dog come from?

Lois, I wouldn’t have hired you on here if I didn’t think you could stand up to these guys.
What's their history? And Perry really is awfully protective for a store manager to his newest employee.

She rolled her eyes at him and then barked.

“Aw. What a cute little puppy. Try again.”

Lois was getting annoyed by this line of discussion with her boss. She was the victim here. She snarled at him again.

“Better. Again.”

Her eyes went wide as her tongue went over her front teeth. She scowled at him with a louder growl.

“They can’t hear you on the first floor. Again.”
clap

Yippy! She heard her mind shout from inside its box.
Always loved Lois battling with her mind. Having itself shut down, having Lois put it into boxes. Pushing it into Clark's lap. Did I mention her mind's fun when it's a self-aware entity?

“I promise you, the owners of this café would never force you to wash a single dish.” He smiled, but Lois’s heart hit her knees.

He knows? Even her inner passionate side was appalled.
The first time around, I just figured gossip. But now I'm thinking Lois babbled in her half-concussed state when he brought her home, since she probably never told about *that* part of the story.

Her inner voice had obviously pushed Lois off the top of her box. Lois couldn’t stay here with her inner passionate side loose. Out of control and wanting Clark. She couldn’t be anywhere near him. Who knew what she might do or say?
"I have a bed in my apartment and a pool out front?"

And to note this again: The bit about Lois setting up her revenge was marvelously concealed. I completely forgot about it amidst the rest of the hubbub. Great way to set things up.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Lots of questions, Michael, let's see...

Originally posted by Darth Michael:
Do they really have pools in New York? Especially the lower class buildings? I figured that was more L.A. style?
This is Metropolis, not NYC. laugh But -- good catch -- this apartment building is based on the one where I used to live in L.A.

So, she likely blocked out after the bump? Or did she faint and The Blur carried her home while she was unconscious. But how did he know her address? After all, their just acquaintances here. No, she was probably lucid enough to give him directions and then blacked out.
This will be answered in Part 3, Clark's POV. No, she was not lucid.

Why did he dry her dress but not her shoes?
One of the heels was broken so why bother drying them when she was just going to throw them out.

Again, she had been dressed. Although, he might have redressed her after the fact, but that seems not *that* likely. Also, how would he get a key, unless he has a key-print-set?
She still had her purse. He used her keys.

Oooh, Smalltown *and* a nerd.
A bit. laugh She does make references to sci-fi genre movies and TV shows once or twice. wink

What's their history? And Perry really is awfully protective for a store manager to his newest employee.
He's protective of her because she's a good hard worker, who doesn't sit around and gossip. That's hard to find in this day and age. He doesn't want to lose her as an employee.

Can't she get Claude at least reprimanded for sexual harassment, considering all his gossip, if not fired? After all, it's easily verifiable that they did go to the restaurant and I'm sure he wouldn't consider the servers at the restaurant to be witnesses when he gives his details.
Again discussed in Clark's POV. Anyway, back in the 90's sexual harrassment just getting a foothold and still hard to prove.

So, did she hire the Emasculator Boys down in the allay off 73rd Street?
No idea who that is, so no. Explained in Part 3.

So, there *is* something going on? Is the delivery guy doing overtime?
Darn those super human guys with a crush, always helping a girl out when she doesn't ask for it. laugh

The first time around, I just figured gossip. But now I'm thinking Lois babbled in her half-concussed state when he brought her home, since she probably never told about *that* part of the story.
Or she's talking to someone with super hearing who heard her discussion with Perry?

Glad to have you back on the boards, Michael. Finished your 5000 pages already?!

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Lot's of answers goofy

Glad to have you back on the boards, Michael. Finished your 5000 pages already?!
Yeah. But it's just been the final volume (1000 pages) released in July that required drastic disappearing acts. And it's going to be several years before the next one is done blush

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard