Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
This is one of the most integral chapters, so I'd really love to hear what everyone thinks!

Thanks!

Top Banana
Top Banana
Oh my goodness! So it MUST be a clone! Just breaks my heart to see Clark--unable to explain, and seeing Lois so overjoyed at having 'Superman' come to their rescue. Great job with the meaningful glances and hidden meanings in the Clark/'Superman' exchanges, and the veiled threat to Clark's parents... And yet--why did the clone help at all? Is this another dark trick by Lex -- to have Clark watch someone else do what he was born to do?

This broke my heart a little more:
At first tentatively and then desperately, Clark slipped his arms around my waist and hugged me close, burying his head in my hair. "Please, Lois," he whispered in a broken voice. "I don't like hospitals. Please, just...help me get to Perry's. I just..." His voice faded until it was almost inaudible. "I need to see the sun."
smile1

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Apparently, a day or two without much food was making me weaker than I'd have expected.
A logical, if erroneous, conclusion.

"Superman!" I gasped.
jawdrop IS one of them a clone? Are Superman and Clark brothers in your universe? If Clark is not Superman, then why has the kryptonite been affecting him?

"Clark, I'll bet you're surprised to see me."
If Clark really is Superman in your universe, I am sure he must be. I'm leaning toward the clone theory at the moment.

Then, oddly, he looked toward me, and I would have given up a hundred front page stories just to be able to brush the shadows away like curtains and see what expression he wore.
A hundred front page stories? That is saying a lot.

It's going to be a long few days until the next part is posted.

Joy,
Lynn

F
Kerth
Kerth
F
A puppet Superman, just as Lex planed in the series. Delightful.

Now would a really good time for the New Kryptonians to arrive and spirit "Superman" away.

Framework4
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
Wow, I did not see that coming. Glad they are out but what the heck is going on now with another Superman. Now poor weak Clark is going to have to deal with this clone and Lex alone without his parents and without Lois knowing who he really is. I guess right now wouldn't be a good time to tell her since she might not believe him given he has no powers and she just saw them side by side. Can't wait for more!

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
"Superman!" I gasped.
A dream? Alt-Supes? Or maybe the real Supes and Alt-Clark is the one in the cell?

For a long moment, Clark simply looked down at the frames. Then, oddly, he looked toward me, and I would have given up a hundred front page stories just to be able to brush the shadows away like curtains and see what expression he wore. Finally, he let out a resigned breath, reached out to take the glasses, and slipped them on his face. When he didn't even say thank you, I couldn't help but wonder what had happened to my courteous, polite partner.
shock

My confusion didn't last long, though, not when Superman put his arm around me for the first time in over two months. I literally thought I might die from the excitement and happiness that overcame me.
Oh Lois. You were doing so well in loving Clark. This is not the time to backstep into Superman love. Tsk tsk.

"What do you want me to do?" he asked, his voice so defeated that it felt like a slap.
Bring him home with YOU Lois!

"Relax, Clark," I said dryly. "You're hurt; I'm hurt. You're exhausted; I'm exhausted. It won't kill you to sleep in a woman's apartment under these circumstances."
laugh laugh laugh laugh

My heart ached with pain for him. If Lex had been standing right in front of me at that moment, I really think I would have killed him for the scars he had given my partner.
*Almost hopes Lois gets her chance*

Wonderful chapter! But you're giving me heart palpatations! Plllllllllease give us more soon! I *really* need to see what happens! laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I wish the alt Supes would come to their rescue. I have a feeling it is Clone Supes. Scary for Clark and frustrating for Lois who doesn't know. How can he even tell her. He is being watched I am sure. I was wondering how they could even have a conversation about taking down Luthor , when he probably has them bugged. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
whinging

Oh, man, why doesn't Clark just tell her?! She needs to know! He is such a lunkhead. sad

This whole thing with the clone is scary. Was Lex's meeting with Clark about the clone taking over as Superman? Is this something Clark was forced to agree to, or is Lex just that confident that Clark won't recover and pound Fake!Supes into the ground before it's convenient? *Will* Clark even recover?

So much suspense, I can hardly bear it! frown

~•~
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Oh my! Oh my! Oh my! help

EvelynC
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Been reading this avidly as well.
Liking it lots!

My theory:
Wasn't there some kind of "tank" mentioned in the earlier chapters?
What if this clone harbours the "soul" of Lex Luthor?
I couldn't help myself, but this Superman's way of speaking... it reminded me a lot of Luthor. And Asabi was also part of his mentioned staff... so...

When's the next chapter coming in? ;-)

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
A great chapter !! Really interesting to read. You did an excellent job writing the exchange between Superman and Clark.
I'm really wondering for who this "Superman" is working ! If for Luthor, why did he free Lois & Clark ? Maybe because he knows Clark may not get back his powers ! Hope not.
Poor Clark, how is he going to get out of this mess ?

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
I had figured he was working for Luthor, although I am intrigued by Sira's idea that it actually *is* Luthor. I don't think it is a coincidence that they were freed after Luthor took Clark aside for a private discussion. I think Lex got Clark to 'voluntarily' donate a tissue sample with the twin incentives of offering to free him and Lois (the latter being the chief carrot) and threatening to kill Lois if Clark didn't cooperate or if Clark subsequently told Lois that this Superman isn't the real deal.

Joy,
Lynn

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Lynn S. M.:
I had figured he was working for Luthor, although I am intrigued by Sira's idea that it actually *is* Luthor. I don't think it is a coincidence that they were freed after Luthor took Clark aside for a private discussion. I think Lex got Clark to 'voluntarily' donate a tissue sample with the twin incentives of offering to free him and Lois (the latter being the chief carrot) and threatening to kill Lois if Clark didn't cooperate or if Clark subsequently told Lois that this Superman isn't the real deal.

Joy,
Lynn
Wow! That's an AWESOME theory! laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
mecry

Has anyone mentioned how Evil Lex is? Oh, to do this emotional trauma to such a nice, sweet man. Clark must have known Lex was after him to hide his parents away. I wonder what tipped him off that Lex was going to come after him AND his parents? How did Lex figure out Clark was Superman before he caught Clark, giving Clark enough time to hide his parents? Oh, so many questions.

I'm agreeing with everyone else. The new Sueprman is a Clone. (not alt-Clark). But a Clone with Evil Lex's soul? <<shiver>> how would you ever defeat that?

Let us have a bit of sunlight and then give us CH. 5! PLEASE! grovel

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
What an intriguing twist especially if it's as others have speculated and actually Lex in Superman's body... yikes!

I cannot wait to see how things unfold. Lois must notice the difference b/t Lex in Superman's clothes and Clark right? confused

More, more, more!

Top Banana
Top Banana
Watching Lois fawn over Superman was almost painful to do. Completely in character, but oh-so-cringe-worthy.

And this line, for some reason, really got to me:
"What do you want me to do?" he asked, his voice so defeated that it felt like a slap.
mecry

More, please!

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Let me just say that I'm very glad this chapter turned out well! I was hoping it would breed a lot of speculation, though now I have to work very hard to keep a step ahead! dizzy

Thank you very much, Mozartmaid! The conversations between Superman and Clark are some of the hardest parts to write!

Lynn, S1 Lois is very good at coming to logical, erroneous conclusions! laugh I'm glad you're enjoying the story.

Framework4, I don't think it ever works that way, does it? New Kryptonians, bad guys, and people like Scardino always come in at the worst moment, or so it seems to me! smile

Thanks, jackiek! I actually didn't expect anyone to guess this part, but you seem pretty accurate in some of your guesses about what will happen next! wink

Deadly Chakram, you're the only one who's guessed that it might not be the real Clark in the cell? And unfortunately, Lois 'backsteps' into Superman love pretty often. I'm glad it was believable that she would invite Clark to her apartment. And may I recommend some Paava leaves for your heart palpitations? cool

All good points, Laurach! I'm glad you're reading and enjoying the story!

I'm afraid the suspense lasts a bit longer, Queen of the Capes. peep

Interesting comments about Superman's dialogue, EvelynC. I hope you understand that I can't say much else. laugh

Thanks, Sira! Interesting theory.

Thank you very much, Annalina19. I hope you enjoy reading how Clark does get out of this mess.

Great theory, Lynn. I love hearing all the guesses people come up with!

Thanks for the great feedback, VirginiaR! Chapter 5 is coming in just a few moments, I promise.

I'm glad you're excited about the story, EmilyC. That's one of the coolest things about writing, I've found--to have others reading and enjoying!

I know what you mean, Vicki. Writing Lois like that can be painful even for the author! And I'm glad that line worked for you. It's hard to get the right balance between poignant and too melodramatic.

Thanks, everyone, for the great feedback! I hope you all understand why I can't say much more, but I also hope you know how much I appreciate hearing what you guys think!

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
And may I recommend some Paava leaves for your heart palpitations?
rotflol

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
Wow - what a turn. Is it a clone Superman? Or has Lex figured some way to make Clark and Superman into two people?

I'm glad they're out of that prison but they're not out of trouble. This Lex seems especially evil. I hope Clark regains his strength quickly.

Joan

Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Glad this was a surprise for you, scifiJoan! And I've always seen Luthor as especially evil, so that's how I write him, though I have had several people tell me similar things, so I must have missed some of his charm or something! smile

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard