Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Missing Lois - TOC

A tiny taste of Chapter 4, Part 12:

It didn’t help that he was distracted by his thoughts of Lois, his Lois. She was supposed to be here. He took a drink off a passing tray. Clark heard her laughter and turned around. Like the Red Sea, the guests parted and he saw her. Her long brown hair hung straight down her back, only pulled away around her face. Her skin-tight, cherry-red, strapless evening gown flared out at her knees and matched the red, red of her lips. God, she was the most beautiful woman Clark had ever seen. She was even more beautiful than Kal’s Lois.
I would like to thank my Beta Readers for their tireless and most helpful advice regarding my story. Thank you very much. clap

As always, any and all feedback is welcome.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 12/14/14 05:57 PM. Reason: Fixed broken Links

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Top Banana
Top Banana
[Clark]“I know you are my wife, not his. I know that you are mine, deep down to core of me. Don’t try denying it. Don’t tell me any more of the lies." [and then Lois]“You are my past, my present and my future, Clark. But she is my past. Without her, I do not exist. We do not exist. Remember that.”
And then me, melting in WAFF! smile I like how her explaining that Clark is her past, present, and future is metaphorical and actual.

We’ve a time machine at our disposal, we can come back to this exact moment and no one will be the wiser, except us.
Tempting...very tempting! smile1

Seriously looking forward to the next part! I want alt-Clark and his Lois to meet!! hyper

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
Great to have Lois and Clark together - if only for a few moments. I love that Clark recognizes that Lois really is his wife despite his mom's efforts to mask this.

Joan

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I am glad he recognizes her but I don't understand why they just can't tell him the truth. More soon. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Laurach:
I am glad he recognizes her but I don't understand why they just can't tell him the truth. More soon. Laura
Laura: Lois knows if she tells her husband the truth he won't let her return to the alt-dimension; Clark would want her to stay with him. Her future self told her she has to return to the alt-dimension ('stay the course') or die from the curse.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
She went straight to him, wrapping her arms around him. “I’m so sorry, Clark. I shouldn’t have run away from you like that. I was scared, so scared.” She pressed her lips to his. “I love you so much.” She kissed him again, but he was not kissing her back. He was just standing there, ramrod straight. “Please, forgive me. I could not live if you didn’t forgive me.”
Oh boy.

“Lois?” Martha said and then raised her voice. “Lois Lane Luthor!”
confused

“I know, sweetie, but I was trying to tell you. That’s not your Clark from your dimension. This is our son, Clark; he’s married to our Lois.”
I'll admit, took me a couple of retries, but it finally clicked! Martha's really sneakyyyyyy!

Clark blinked and turned to his mom. “Are you sure, Mom? Are you sure this is other Clark’s future wife? She looks just like Lois…. My Lois.”
clap

Her husband looked at the instructions. “Boy, my handwriting is a mess in the future. I must have been in a hurry. What do you want me to explain?”
laugh

I was thinking we could set the machine for one minute in the future and…”
Huh. I would have never thought of that...

Clark looked at her with a raised brow. He lifted up the machine with one hand and tugged the tarp out from underneath with the other, handing it to her.

“Or you could just do that.” She laughed. “Show-off.”
Yep. That's what I expected.

“No, Clark.” Lois unzipped her coat and he helped her take it off.

Clark gulped. “What are you saying, Lois?”
Isn't it obvious? The baby's Jimmy's!

Clark just stared at her as if he had no idea who she was after all.
Oh boy.

clap

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Michael: cool /bats eyelashes innocently/ laugh

Great. Now we have a time-traveling, dimension-hopping Lois with a penchant for leaving behind confused and distraught Clarks. She might actually be a greater bane for the combined universes of string-theory than Tempus!
evil

Last edited by VirginiaR; 07/21/14 12:42 AM. Reason: Fixed unreadable text.

VirginiaR.
---
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
and the oscar goes to: Lois Lane!!!

Clark: "So what are you saying? I should go crawling back on my hands and knees?"
Martha: "No, honey. Fly back. It's faster!!"

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard