Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
smile Opinion? smile

Bob

#80244 06/28/11 04:33 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
As the day began to wind down, Lois finally conceded that the talk with Jimmy had wrecked her ability to accomplish any productive work in the afternoon.
Jimmy isn't JUST the relationship Interruptus anymore! laugh

At the very least, she was sure that she could flatten anyone spreading them
LOL! That is SO Lois!

She had been so sure that her best friend was also the man she was looking for.
OMG! I LOVE this line!

“I sure am,” she replied brightly. “I got a call from an old friend at the London Times. There’s an opening for a reporter on their American desk. It would be a two year assignment based in London and would give me the chance to get an international perspective that I’ve always wanted. She told me that she’s sure that the job is mine if I want it.”
Oh Lois! That is soooooo evil! rotflol

Now Clark was practically glowing. After a second, he seemed to realize she was waiting for him to say something. “It’s a great opportunity, but this is your home and… I need you,” his voice trailed off as he seemed to lose his train of thought. Then his eyes got wide as he suddenly realized what he’d said. “We need you. Here!” He blurted out. “We need you here at the Planet.” He said in a rushed voice.
Oh Clark! You are ADORABLE!!!

And if he did feel that much more, what should she do about it?
Yes! I cannot wait to see what she does about it!!!

Okay, I have been waiting with baited breath alllllllll day for this. And it certainly did not disappoint. I love it!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

#80245 06/28/11 04:48 PM
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
Love Lois testing Clark.

Joan

#80246 06/28/11 04:57 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
clap

I too loved this line:
As the day began to wind down, Lois finally conceded that the talk with Jimmy had wrecked her ability to accomplish any productive work in the afternoon.
Good thing Perry doesn't know what Jimmy did to his star reporter or he might be cleaning out his desk by the end of the day.

So the big question is: Whatcha going to do about it, Lois?

Can't wait to find out.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#80247 06/28/11 05:46 PM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Great part! I loved Lois's thoughts on her 'aborted wedding' and how she remembered things now in the right perspective.

Her plan was VERY underhanded, and I feel very bad for Clark, but I'm sure he won't mind if it makes Lois confront her feelings for him. smile

I, too, loved the quotes the others pulled out, particularly the way you described Clark's expressions and body posture and how carefully Lois was watching him.

Cannot wait for the last two parts! I am really enjoying this story!

#80248 06/28/11 05:48 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I second AntiKryptonite in terms of story enjoyment.

Lois testing Clark with the rumor is very in-character for her. Now that she knows how he feels, what's she going to do next!

Eagerly awaiting the next installment.

#80249 06/28/11 07:08 PM
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
At the very least, she was sure that she could flatten anyone spreading them.
rotflol

However, when Jimmy started talking about Clark having a Lois voice, that plan went out the window.
Awww. I hadn't commented on the 'Lois voice' in the last part, but add me to the long list of FoLCs who liked it.

A plan popped into her head. It might be a little underhanded,
Since when did the underhandedness of a plan ever stop Lois? wink

“We need you. Here!” He blurted out. “We need you here at the Planet.” He said in a rushed voice.
Nice try, big guy. Too little, too late. Would that mistakes like this always produced such happy results as this one undoubtedly will!

If the truth about their relationship was out there somewhere, it wasn’t clear to her.
Contrary to the X-Files, the truth isn't out there, at least this time -- it's in here. <Lynn taps chest above her heart>.

Is it time for part 4 yet?

Joy,
Lynn

#80250 06/28/11 10:28 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
she was confident that she could flatten the rumors. At the very least, she was sure that she could flatten anyone spreading them.
smile1

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
#80251 06/28/11 11:39 PM
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Delightful

Framework4
#80252 06/29/11 08:21 AM
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Loved this part too!

And everyone already quoted the good parts! I also loved Lois' underhandedness and that is *so* her.

Cannot wait for 4 hyper

smile

#80253 06/29/11 05:15 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ditto to all said. Great part. More soon. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#80254 06/30/11 02:43 PM
bobbart Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Thanks for the feedback. A few points:

Jimmy:
You know, I have commented that generally I think Jimmy is not particularly important. (I said he should be called Jimmy Dunsel .) But I keep finding things for him to do.

Lois’s London Times fib:
Was Lois underhanded or evil? I think you could argue either. HappyGirl made the argument that since she told this particular story for a good cause, it can’t be evil. But is was underhanded. And I don’t think Clark would be mush of a poker player unless he used his vision to compensate for his inability to bluff.

Bob

#80255 07/07/11 08:45 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
A plan popped into her head. It might be a little underhanded, but it could provide some information from the only source that mattered.
So, that's why she's dating Dan?

“I sure am,” she replied brightly. “I got a call from an old friend at the London Times. There’s an opening for a reporter on their American desk. It would be a two year assignment based in London and would give me the chance to get an international perspective that I’ve always wanted. She told me that she’s sure that the job is mine if I want it.”
smile1 Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#80256 07/07/11 06:06 PM
bobbart Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Michael:
You know, I actually got all evil there and wondered if Clark might respond: "It’s a great opportunity but since you don't want it. Do you think they might want me, instead?"
rotflol

Well, it would tell her what she wanted to know.

Bob

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard