Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Comments welcome!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Top Banana
Top Banana
This story was so beautiful and brought tears to my eyes! I know you've had your own struggles, but the pain and hope you've no doubt felt shone brilliantly through this vignette and these characters. I hope it was cathartic for you to write as well!

Thanks for sharing and I wish you all the best! smile

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by mozartmaid:
This story was so beautiful and brought tears to my eyes! I know you've had your own struggles, but the pain and hope you've no doubt felt shone brilliantly through this vignette and these characters. I hope it was cathartic for you to write as well!

Thanks for sharing and I wish you all the best! smile
Thanks so much mozart! I appreciate the kind words. You're right - as difficult as parts of this were to write, it was also a great way to release my own feelings. Glad you enjoyed it. smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I love how Lois's strength comes through. In Part 1, you showed Clark's fragile heart, but here Lois stays true to her strong resolve. It hurts, but she will solider on. She senses Clark's pain and she wishes she could take it away. You show their relationship and dreams clearly. Spot on! clap

Still hoping for a happily ever after for them and for you.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
I love how Lois's strength comes through. In Part 1, you showed Clark's fragile heart, but here Lois stays true to her strong resolve. It hurts, but she will solider on. She senses Clark's pain and she wishes she could take it away. You show their relationship and dreams clearly. Spot on! clap

Still hoping for a happily ever after for them and for you.
Thanks so much Virginia!

Lois and Clark definitely will get theirs - after all, Utopia can't exist without their descendants. laugh (Which is one of the reasons why I gave Clark a spark of hope in part one - and also, that's his nature to harbor some optimism.)

Glad you liked Lois staying as strong as possible in this part. She's a pretty driven and determined lady, isn't she? smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Nice job all around. Keep the faith. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Laurach:
Nice job all around. Keep the faith. Laura
Thank you! laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
I love the fact that you've acknowledged that Lois' feelings about motherhood and children have evolved over the course of their relationship. Excellent job!

Joan

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by scifiJoan:
I love the fact that you've acknowledged that Lois' feelings about motherhood and children have evolved over the course of their relationship. Excellent job!

Joan
Thank you Joan! laugh Lois is a lot of fun because just about every aspect of her evolves over the course of the show. smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
And regardless of if we have children or not in the future, I am glad. I am glad because of all the people on Earth, Clark is the one I get to share my life with.
The essence of Lois, right there.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by IolantheAlias:
And regardless of if we have children or not in the future, I am glad. I am glad because of all the people on Earth, Clark is the one I get to share my life with.
The essence of Lois, right there.
Thanks for reading and taking the time to review! smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Features Writer
Features Writer
This is so beautiful! It matched and complemented the first part perfectly! There were parts of this story where I literally had my mouth hanging open because it was so poetic and moving!

I love the paragraph where Lois realizes that she began to want children when she realized that she loved Clark and that their life together is now the most important thing to her. I also really enjoyed the thought that she was 'birthing' stories and the natural follow-up to that--that she and Clark had brought them into the world together.

A perfect ending, though, in that she doesn't give up either. It's interesting that Clark doesn't give up because he has hope and Lois doesn't because she's too stubborn to! smile Perfectly highlighted through this story!

And I love the last line. It's great to know that she's still aware of the good things in her life and isn't focusing only on the bad!

Great job! I absolutely loved this story! Thanks for sharing.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
This is so beautiful! It matched and complemented the first part perfectly! There were parts of this story where I literally had my mouth hanging open because it was so poetic and moving!
Oh wow! Thanks so much Anti-K! I don't know about poetic though! blush

I love the paragraph where Lois realizes that she began to want children when she realized that she loved Clark and that their life together is now the most important thing to her. I also really enjoyed the thought that she was 'birthing' stories and the natural follow-up to that--that she and Clark had brought them into the world together.
The "birthing" stories with Clark was one of my favorite parts to write for this half of the story. Afterall, writing IS a labor of love! smile

A perfect ending, though, in that she doesn't give up either. It's interesting that Clark doesn't give up because he has hope and Lois doesn't because she's too stubborn to! Perfectly highlighted through this story!
Exactly! Lois is too stubborn to give up. smile Thanks!

And I love the last line. It's great to know that she's still aware of the good things in her life and isn't focusing only on the bad!

Great job! I absolutely loved this story! Thanks for sharing.
Thanks so much my friend! Glad you enjoyed it! laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard