Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Missing Lois - TOC

A taste of Chapter 4, Part 8:

Lois sat at her desk staring at her telephone, waiting until it was late enough to call. Singapore, being literally on the other side of the world, was just getting to work as they were heading home. The sun had set outside hours earlier; most of the newsroom staff, including Clark, had posted their stories and gone home for the night. Yet, Lois sat here still. This was the third night this week she had tried to get hold of Lex Luthor and she was hoping that the third time was a charm.

She stood up and started to walk around the newsroom. Spending all this time sitting down was giving her the worst backaches. It felt like this baby was getting bigger by the minute and no amount of heavy clothing was doing the job of covering her ever burgeoning tummy. Plus, all these extra layers were hot. She pulled off one of the bulky sweaters and took a deep breath. She put her hands against her back and arched, hoping to stretch that kink down her spine.

FLASH! Lois turned to find James standing by her desk with a camera. Great. Just when she looked her most pregnant. She waved at him and tried not to waddle as she returned to her desk.

“I brought you some dinner. When I called your apartment, Sam said you were staying late to try again. Hope you’re in the mood for Italian.”

“Love it. I’m starving,” she said with a smile. They went into the conference room and spread out their take-out containers.

“Cranberry juice for the lady,” he said handing her a bottle. “Have you told Clark, yet?”

“What can I say to him? ‘We found Lex Luthor, hiding in plain sight in Singapore, but the jerk won’t come to the phone'?” She swirled her pasta around her fork and took a large, dribbling bite. “You are a god-send, James. Thank you.”

He smiled and passed her a pile of napkins.

“I couldn’t possibly look any worse.” She shrugged with a chuckle, tucking a napkin into her top-most sweater.

“Well, you could remove about half those layers. Don’t tell me that you’re cold in the newsroom or you’ll make me feel like Ebenezer Scrooge,” he said.

“Personal body image issues,” she explained. “Oh, what the hell, since it’s just the two of us.” She glanced out to the newsroom to make sure they were alone and then removed layer upon layer until it was just her maternity pants and a thin turtleneck. She stretched up to the ceiling and sat back down. “Much better.” Digging into her pasta, she gazed over at James. His jaw had dropped to the floor.

He pointed at her. “Lucy. You’re… You’re…”
Many thanks to my Beta Readers who help me and my characters honest (for the most part). Thank you. clap

Any and all feedback is always appreciated. Thank you.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 12/14/14 05:45 PM. Reason: Fixed broken Links

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Holy smokes! eek Jimmy, er James, stumbles upon Lois in Singapore, she's being manipulated by the Neurscanner, and she's BLIND?!! OMG! hyper

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
Wow - Jimmy has seen Alt-Lois. I wish Lois/Lucy would keep Alt-Clark in the loop. Working togther would be more effective. Though I understand Lois' reasoning. This Clark is a bit more vulnerable. I like the way you've shown that.

Joan

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Just a quick note to all of my readers:

I've got to take my computer into the shop. because it's making a really loud 'fan type' noise every 15-30 minutes and it needs to be repaired before it busts completely. Yikes! I probably won't get it back home (hopefully) -- at the earliest until tomorrow -- but it might be at the 'doctor' until Monday. Sigh. 24 hours without my computer is too much. I'm going through withdrawal already.

Before I take it in I will back-up the rest of my story on my external hard-drive. (I do this every few days anyway.) But I wanted everyone to know, if I wasn't able to post the next part by Friday what happened. I didn't fall off the side of the Earth, get kidnapped by Lex Luthor or flee the coming of a giant asteroid.

They both had been under the influence of that pheromone perfume

[b]Mozartmaid:

[/b]Had they been though? Honestly Clark, isn't that just an excuse?
Clark was NOT under the influence of the perfume -- like canon Clark, he is immune -- but since he was under Lois's 'spell' (i.e. so in love with her) he thinks it might have worked on him as well. Lois also believes this, since she thinks that Superman can be influenced by it because her Superman told her he loved her for the first time while under the influence of Revenge.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
Good luck with your computer Virginia! I hope the repairs go smoothly. I'm looking forward to updates once things return to normal for you.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I'm back and better yet, my computer is back. laugh

Luckily, it was just a dust build-up issue -- not properly ventalated. I've learned my lesson. At least I didn't have to replace my computer fan! Yippy. Next part will appear as scheduled on Friday.

Thank you for your understanding about my computer withdrawal melt-down. blush

VirginiaR.
---
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I liked the moping scene. That was pretty funny, in a way.

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
“No matter how crazy I drive them.”
[...]
“No matter how crazy they drive me.”
clap

“You love her, Clark. She might not be able to fly, my boy, but she’d make you happy.”
Yeah... about the flying...

“And there’s your baby…”
laugh

“Well, it was at that point the woman in the next chair leaned forward and she said and I quote, ‘You own the Daily Planet? Do you know Perry? Do you know Clark Kent?’ I realized that was the first time I had mentioned which newspaper I owned and I wondered how this man knew me from Jack the Ripper.”
Lola's there, too? So, where' Lex?

“It gets better. He turns to her and says, ‘Don’t worry your pretty head about such things, dear.’”
laugh

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
“Probably find their suite and scan it with his x-ray vision, break down the door, and fly off with the woman in his arms,”
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Michael: I'm glad you liked my little Thanksgiving present. laugh

Looks like Sam can't hold his juice.
laugh

Perry's been out of the business a bit too long. And away from Lois...
Don't think Perry would try to delude himself (and Clark) into thinking that Lois WASN'T with Lex?

He could just pull a Cat. I'm sure the guys over at the Blue Oyster Bar would love to have him.
How'd I know you would interpret that line that way? goofy

Darth Vader?
Wrong story. Anyway, I don't think Darth would be that polite.

He's the older gent'? That just sounded like a guy with grey hair, glasses, looking like he's sixty!
Remember the source, early twenties James Olsen!

The neuroscanner works again? And why is she risking those things? Or does she just not remember aside from a few confused fragments?
Yes. She's ballsy. Nope.

Huh. She doesn't sound like she knows they're Neuroscanning her and yet at the same time Lex told her so earlier. Or is it a game they're playing?
She knows. Figures it's worth a little pain to let them know she's alive.

/imagines Gene Hackman Luthor as the 'older gent'
I thought for Alt-Dimension and I'd make Lex look like traditional Lex.

But... But... But... you said he didn't burn her eyes out with a hot poker fresh from the fireplace when Clark had that last dream!
Lex didn't. No hot poker was used.

Could CLark maybe invite Lex to a private chat. Strap him to a rack and unclothe him. Then, use a small soldering iron to millimeter by millimeter transform Lex's reproductive system into charcoal before manipulating his other orifices the same way?
Could he? Yes. Will he? cool

/points to above suggestion/ And was it intentional, or was it a genuine accident? Was it the Neuroscanner malfunctioning? Or was it overuse? And does Lola know?
Can't say. Oooh. Neuroscanner malfunction! Wow, what a great idea. thumbsup Does Lola know what? wave

Uh-huh... /puts money down on Daniel/
Scardino? huh

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I'm glad you liked my little Thanksgiving present.
Oh, it's Thanksgiving in ye new world? wave Michael

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard