Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Missing Lois - TOC

A taste of Chapter 4, Part 7:

Clark’s turned around and stared at her. He couldn’t look away. It didn’t feel like she was singing to Kal or the baby, the music was just flowing through her. That voice, the sway of her hips, the hint of rose petal scent. He was tempted to fly over there and take her in his arms, sway with her to the music. Kiss those lips. He closed his eyes in pain. She was Kal’s. She could never be his. The fates would not allow it.

“It’s obvious you’re smitten with the girl, Clark. Why don’t you do the right thing by her?”

“No. I can’t,” Clark said turning away from her and facing Perry.

“You love her, Clark. She might not be able to fly, my boy, but she’d make you happy.”

“Oh, I know she would.” A hint of a smile graced his lips. Love wouldn’t be love without the misery. “It’s not in the cards for us, sir.”

“Why’s that, Clark? She loves you.”

“Yes, I’m sure she does in a way.”

“And there’s your baby…”

Clark winced. “Ah… there’s the rub, Chief.”

“What do you mean?”

Clark poured a drink off Perry’s bar and swallowed it in one gulp. “I can’t have children.”

“Oh.” Perry looked over Clark’s shoulder at Lucy. “Oh! Surely, that doesn’t matter, son. You were adopted yourself, if I recall correctly.”

“I don’t think she knows it, but she’s singing to me right now. You’re a smart man, Mayor White, what do you think that means?”

Perry listened to her sing and thought for moment. “Because she’s already married to someone else.”

“Bingo, Chief.”

“Oh, Clark, I’m sorry. She sure has a beautiful voice, though. It’s like Lola Dane lives again.”

“What?” Clark sputtered. “What did you say?”
Thank you to my wonderful and hard-working Beta Readers. clap

Please post feedback here. Thank you.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 12/14/14 05:41 PM. Reason: Fixed broken Links

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Top Banana
Top Banana
And it’s been almost three years, since he came...”

Clark winced. “Yeah. I know, Dad. It’s complicated.”

“How is it complicated? Just tell her. The longer you wait…”

“The timing has to be right. Trust me, I know Lois and she’s going to flip if she finds out that he knew first. That I’ve been hiding him from her. And with the trial and Tempus, our life is just settling down again. I want to have some peace for a while.”

Jonathan raised a brow at his son and pressed his lips together. “The time will never be right, son. Just do it. This is the last time we’re removing photos before she visits, Clark. You’re lucky he went out of town this weekend or he would have been here for Thanksgiving. We’re proud of him, like we’re proud of you. No more hiding him from her.”
Him who? confused Is this another subtle thing I'm missing? I've been able to follow most of your threads so far--you do lay most of them out clearly--but I think this may have been mentioned a few too many parts back...? huh

Nice (and I think needed) confrontation between Lois and alt-Clark--they both feel the tension between them and it was bound to rub the wrong way...

And yay for the search starting for alt-Lois!! How much does canon Lois know about where she is and how does she know what she knows?

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Sorry, the mystery 'he' will be revealed in the future. Perhaps my foreshadowing went a little strong with this character. Possibly more than 'he' deserves. laugh (My Betas complained about this as well... if you must know.) For now, we'll have to wait and see.

This is the same 'he' whose photo Martha was hiding when delusional Lois visited.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
Trust me, I know Lois and she’s going to flip if she finds out that he knew first. That I’ve been hiding him from her.
You've got me wondering what's going on here - though I do remember Martha hiding the photos.

Yeah - they believe Alt-Lois is alive! Hope they can find her soon.

Joan

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I am confused but I am still hanging with you.

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Laura: I'm sorry you are confused. frown Have you checked out my synopsis MB Posting? Here's the link: Missing Lois - Synopsis

At the beginning of each Chapter I will add a summary post of each previous Chapter. So far only Chapters 1-3 are listed (with Chapters 1 & 2 combined). I've also been trying to include a summary of the previous part at the beginning of each new part posted, plus a list of characters mentioned in that new part (unless I want them to be a surprise smile1

VirginiaR.
---
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
They walked into the barn and Clark looked around. “What did you need help with, Dad?”

“You. What do you have on your mind, son?” Jonathan asked.
Well, there was that pregnant Lois whom some state is his wive in another time wink

The light bulb came on in Jonathan’s eyes. “Oh. I thought we covered those in middle school.”
He already dreamed about Lois in middle school eek

Clark looked away. “Technically, it was my shirt. One I hadn’t seen since before I left for New Krypton.”
Huh. So he wouldn't notice, huh?

“That’s some dream, Clark. I can see why you don’t want to let it go. Have you discussed it with your wife?”
"Lois, honey, don't freak out, but I've had another Lois in my bed last night."
Yeah, that'd go over well...

“I would swear on my future children that Lois and I made love before I left for New Krypton, but my wife says our first time was on our honeymoon.”

“I wouldn’t swear on that, Clark.”
*That's* why he can't any more children! eek

“Oh.” Jonathan thought for a moment, then blanched. “Lois is Lois, right?”

“I’m positive, that’s her. She has the scar on her ankle bone that she broke from before we met.”

“You checked?”

“With our history?” Clark shrugged.

“Of course.”
hyper And somebody's gonna be so mad...

“That’s my job, you know. Proving Clark Kent wrong.”

“Yes. I figured that out on my own. Thanks.”
Actually, it's more of a hobby. And for the record, 'mission' doesn't work because she still has a purpose without doing it. 'Destiny' isn't it either. Her live can be fulfilling without it. And it doesn't pay, plus she does it purely for the personal satisfaction and on her own time. So, 'hobby' it is wink

Clark pressed his lips together. “It’s still good news, except that we have no idea where she is.”
Soooo mad!

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Michael: Thank you again for your great comments.

He already dreamed about Lois in middle school
No, it was probably Lana back then.

Huh. So he wouldn't notice, huh?
<<bats eyelashes>> You said "no spoilers", but you said nothing about adding wrong turns and red herrings. laugh

"Lois, honey, don't freak out, but I've had another Lois in my bed last night."
Yeah, that'd go over well...
Actually, he did mention the dream to his wife... "I dreamed about you..."

*That's* why he can't any more children!
Hmmm.

Hmm... if it weren't for Clark's earlier statement, I'd bet Lex's penthouse that he knocked up Rachel during the prom and they're now hiding his loveson out here somewhere...
You mean the quote where he mentions he was a virgin until Lois?

He got her one from his creepy-stalker collection in Smallville?
Yes.

Yep. Doesn't know the meaning of 'boundary'. Is impulsive. Doesn't follow rules. Pouts. Did you flip Alt-Lois and Alt-Clark's personalities, by any chance?
Alt-Clark is a little more ruled by his emotions than canon Clark. I'm sorry, but I cannot talk about Mrs. Luthor yet due to a spoilage clause in my contract. wink

And it never occurs that not telling him Lois is alive is even worse that telling him?
Explaining HOW they know she's alive is what they are trying to avoid.

Actually, it's more of a hobby. And for the record, 'mission' doesn't work because she still has a purpose without doing it. 'Destiny' isn't it either. Her live can be fulfilling without it. And it doesn't pay, plus she does it purely for the personal satisfaction and on her own time. So, 'hobby' it is
You're right, but she's only teasing him... so, is it absolutely necessary for her to get all her words 100% correct?

Soooo mad!
He's not mad. He's annoyed. Frustrated. (Anyway, he doesn't know they've been keeping the secret from him, yet.) Or did I make YOU mad? frown

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Thank you again for your great comments.
Always a pleasure rotflol

You mean the quote where he mentions he was a virgin until Lois?
Yep.

I'm sorry, but I cannot talk about Mrs. Luthor yet due to a spoilage clause in my contract.
rotflol

You're right, but she's only teasing him... so, is it absolutely necessary for her to get all her words 100% correct?
Right. She's in Alt-world. No canon Clark available to edit her copy. Which is, btw, *his* hobby wink

He's not mad. He's annoyed. Frustrated.
That was a follow up to:

And somebody's gonna be so mad...
Or did I make YOU mad?
Why, yes of course! The part was over and I had to wait until you posted part sev... Oops, never mind. wink

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Columnist
Columnist
I feel like perhaps, real Lois should just take Alt-Clark home with her and introduce the idea of some kind of reverse polygamy to real Clark... lol

.talk nerdy to me.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by MrsLuthor:
I feel like perhaps, real Lois should just take Alt-Clark home with her and introduce the idea of some kind of reverse polygamy to real Clark... lol
Yeah, I'm sure that will go over real well with her husband. :rolleyes:

VirginiaR.
---
Columnist
Columnist
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
[b] I feel like perhaps, real Lois should just take Alt-Clark home with her and introduce the idea of some kind of reverse polygamy to real Clark... lol
Yeah, I'm sure that will go over real well with her husband. :rolleyes: [/b]
Well, then just send one of those Clarks over here to me. I wouldn't mind the dark & twisty alt-Clark. I bet he writes stellar poetry.

.talk nerdy to me.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Well, then just send one of those Clarks over here to me. I wouldn't mind the dark & twisty alt-Clark. I bet he writes stellar poetry.
Um... well... uh... cool

VirginiaR.
---
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
“The timing has to be right. Trust me, I know Lois and she’s going to flip if she finds out that he knew first. That I’ve been hiding him from her. And with the trial and Tempus, our life is just settling down again. I want to have some peace for a while.”
huh? He, who? he... what? I got lost here....

Jonathan raised a brow at his son and pressed his lips together. “The time will never be right, son. Just do it. This is the last time we’re removing photos before she visits, Clark. You’re lucky he went out of town this weekend or he would have been here for Thanksgiving. We’re proud of him, like we’re proud of you. No more hiding him from her.”
HIM?? him who???

“Finally, I reached you. Clark Kent, please, help me. I’m alive.”
His eyes flashed open and he turned to Sam. “Lois is alive.”
Indeed, Clark... finally!!!! dance

Clark: "So what are you saying? I should go crawling back on my hands and knees?"
Martha: "No, honey. Fly back. It's faster!!"
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
chelo: Still reading? hyper

Originally Posted by chelo
Originally Posted by Missing Lois
huh? He, who? he... what? I got lost here.....
. HIM?? him who???
I guess Clark has been keeping a secret from Lois as well.

Indeed, Clark... finally!!!! dance
Hmmmm. Yes, I guess she'll pop up in the next... 100 pages or so. peep

Thank you for all your comments. Maybe I should read this again, soon. It's been a few years.

VirginiaR.
---

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard