Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Missing Lois - TOC

A taste of Part 6:

Jonathan and Clark sat in the living room at the Kent house in Smallville, stuffed full of turkey, stuffing, and pie. Lois was on the telephone in the hall and Martha had fallen asleep in her chair, knitting needles in her hands. Jonathan stared at his son, who was staring at his Mom.

“Half-time,” Jonathan announced, standing up with a stretch. “How about you help me out in the barn, Clark?”

“Sure, Dad.” Clark pulled his gaze away from his Mom and put on his coat. “When did Mom start knitting again?”

“This fall, no, it was in August. Don’t be surprised if you get a new scarf for Christmas. You might warn Lois.”

Clark smiled. “I remember all those mittens she used to make me. It wasn’t Christmas until I found the mittens from Mom.”

They walked into the barn and Clark looked around. “What did you need help with, Dad?”

“You. What do you have on your mind, son?” Jonathan asked.

Clark looked away. “Nothing.”
Thanks again to my wonderful and knowledgeable Beta Readers who seem to know a little about everything! You're the best. thumbsup

I try to post a new part every other day, but I will be taking a week vacation (sans computer - sigh) in early July.

As always, I enjoy any and all feedback. Thank you.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 12/14/14 05:38 PM. Reason: Fixed broken Links

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Top Banana
Top Banana
“Finally, I reached you. Clark Kent, please, help me. I’m alive. You don’t…” The phone disconnected.
I'm putting my money on the hunch that this is alt-Lois/Mrs. Luthor! hyper Some intriguing hints here... 1. she knows who Clark Kent is, 2. The 'you don't...' warning is driving me crazy! 'You don't' what?!

Good suspense building through this part--looking forward to the next!!

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
Oh boy - is this Lola/Lois?

“Finally, I reached you. Clark Kent, please, help me. I’m alive. You don’t…”
Poor Alt-Clark - I can only imagine how upset he was seeing Lois in STAR Labs held captive.

I'm dying to meet Alt-Lois who can actually cook smile

Joan

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
He thought it an interesting tactic for deterring crime.
hyper Squish-Lex!

“Thank God, he did not. My hair is sacred. One broken hair and it throws off the whole style.”
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
MozartMaid & Joan: laugh

Michael: Must be raining; it looks like you're catching up on your reading. wink

No, that was temping Ralph.
No... cool

Really? I'd have figured 'pop off the neck, like a badly fixed cap on a coke bottle after you put Mentos it it.
You really seem to like this imagry. Have you ever seen the 'Mythbusters' episode where they discuss this?

Yeah. Minor. Like 'Nightfall' minor.
Clark doesn't know that Mrs. Luthor is alt-Lois, so to him this avenue makes little to no sense to him, hence a minor lead.

Also, Alt-Lois will have a nice surprise a few weeks after they meet, then.
Obviously, Clark hasn't heard of that old saying, "watch out about saying the word 'never' or one is fated to break said promise" evil

Best, in a padded room in a cellar behind a warehouse on Bessolo Blvd. Complete with regular 'treatment'. Corrina has a great guidebook there.
Hmmm. I'm thinking that Michael isn't too happy with Alt-Clark at the moment.

You're doing a great Supermex there
Clark wants it known that hurting Lois will be the line one shouldn't cross if people want Superman to stay super.

So, instead of love she's singing about Clark's twinkled-out homestar? Yeah, much better choice...
Ooops. Forgot about that. blush laugh rotflol

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Must be raining; it looks like you're catching up on your reading.
Just weekend blush Catching up on FDK! Reading time's mostly there, what with public transportation.

No... [Cool]
So, something worse than either one of those? Did he intern with Lex in the manner of the old Greek philosophers?

You really seem to like this imagry. Have you ever seen the 'Mythbusters' episode where they discuss this?
Never seen the show. Only heard of them. So, they tried to have a head pop off a body? /deadpans/

Clark doesn't know that Mrs. Luthor is alt-Lois, so to him this avenue makes little to no sense to him, hence a minor lead.
So, good for us that we know more than Clark?

Obviously, Clark hasn't heard of that old saying, "watch out about saying the word 'never' or one is fated to break said promise"
Should have done a classic lit course in highschool...

Hmmm. I'm thinking that Michael isn't too happy with Alt-Clark at the moment.
How did you ever get *that* idea?

Clark wants it known that hurting Lois will be the line one shouldn't cross if people want Superman to stay super.
/imagines prime-time TV appearance of Superman on all channels, holding up a photo and address of Lois Lane, telling the world what he will do if something happens to her/ Oh boy, *that* could never backfire...

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Michael: That Darth Vader is from canon-dimension, not alt-dimension. Alt-Clark's newspaper is owned by James Olsen. laugh Alt-Clark is not familiar with this Darth Vader, only the one from the movie. wink

Mythbusters links: Mentos & soda and because I couldn't find an exploding head example... Pop Rocks & Soda wink Watch out what you eat. Enjoy.

VirginiaR.
---

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard