Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#79925 06/16/11 01:00 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Not 100% thrilled with the title. I was just bitten by a rabid plot bunny to write a story in which Jimmy finds out about Clark that somehow involved a ski resort. My muse is really random.

Anyway - hope you liked it!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I liked it! Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Thanks Laura! smile thumbsup

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

M
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
M
I'd like to see a sequel with Clark telling Perry.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Why do I have the horrible feeling that Jimmy won't be able to keep the secret quiet and that he'll blab it all over town?

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Meadowrose:
I'd like to see a sequel with Clark telling Perry.
I might have to let my brain percolate on that one! laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by IolantheAlias:
Why do I have the horrible feeling that Jimmy won't be able to keep the secret quiet and that he'll blab it all over town?
Because he's Jimmy! laugh J/K I LOVE Jimmy. He's awesome.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
Cute! Though I agree with the others, I don't think Jimmy will be good at keeping a secret. Love Jimmy's reaction!

Joan

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Thanks Joan! You know, I find it so much easier to write for Jimmy when I picture Justin Whalin in the role. smile Glad you enjoyed it!

Jimmy probably WOULD be terrible at keeping the secret. laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
smile1

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Thanks so much Michael!

For the record: It's been 30°C outside while I've been reading this. And not *that* much closer to freezing inside either
Yikes! It's 84 F where I am.

/screams about just eloping/ It's much safer.
clap

Nudges Clark to grab onto that thought while there're no frogs in the vicinity.
*shudder*

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
-------------------------------
For the record: It's been 30°C outside while I've been reading this. And not *that* much closer to freezing inside either
-------------------------------------------------
Couldn't resist adding that where I am is 99 F and still climbing! Got any ice? wink

EvelynC
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by EvelynC:
-------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------
Couldn't resist adding that where I am is 99 F and still climbing! Got any ice? wink
Eep! /me passes out cold lemonade to everyone

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Just popped over to the archive and found this fun little fic.

My first thought was after you said it wasn't a typical reveal fic and that Clark was recovering from lack of sunlight and lack of sleep and overwork, I thought he was going to end up breaking a leg and then, Jimmy found out because Superman had a cast. :p But that's just my mind wandering.

Wow, there was a lot to do at that ski resort: skiing, snowboarding, snowball fights, ice-skating, and snowmobiling. THIS was a relaxing weekend? With global warming and all, they were lucky to have snow. Oh, wait, this was back in 1996 before global warming. laugh

I'm surprised Jimmy didn't make a comment about them NOT sharing a room, being that I'm sure they weren't making it common knowledge that they were waiting for the honeymoon. Most people assume now-a-days that couples sleep together before marriage (at least in my circle of friends). Of course, they DID sleep together on this trip. laugh wink

So, Clark falls down the mountain, over rocks and hits a tree and he thinks he needs to reveal all to Jimmy? confused I also just read your re-write of Home is Where the Hurt is-- another great little reveal fic BTW -- and I wonder, DC, do you not like that Clark keeps his secret identity secret? I would think that Lois would hate that Clark is making such a huge decision so quickly (on both stories), when he took FOREVER getting around to tell her. Just a thought. peep

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
Just popped over to the archive and found this fun little fic.

My first thought was after you said it wasn't a typical reveal fic and that Clark was recovering from lack of sunlight and lack of sleep and overwork, I thought he was going to end up breaking a leg and then, Jimmy found out because Superman had a cast. :p But that's just my mind wandering.

Wow, there was a lot to do at that ski resort: skiing, snowboarding, snowball fights, ice-skating, and snowmobiling. THIS was a relaxing weekend? With global warming and all, they were lucky to have snow. Oh, wait, this was back in 1996 before global warming. laugh

I'm surprised Jimmy didn't make a comment about them NOT sharing a room, being that I'm sure they weren't making it common knowledge that they were waiting for the honeymoon. Most people assume now-a-days that couples sleep together before marriage (at least in my circle of friends). Of course, they DID sleep together on this trip. laugh wink

So, Clark falls down the mountain, over rocks and hits a tree and he thinks he needs to reveal all to Jimmy? confused I also just read your re-write of Home is Where the Hurt is-- another great little reveal fic BTW -- and I wonder, DC, do you not like that Clark keeps his secret identity secret? I would think that Lois would hate that Clark is making such a huge decision so quickly (on both stories), when he took FOREVER getting around to tell her. Just a thought. peep
Firstly, glad you found this fun! smile

True, there is a lot to do at the resort, but it's more relaxing than saving the world! laugh

Actually, I like Clark keeping his secret. But reveal fics are just sooooooo much fun to write. As for "A Doctor's Oath," it just bothers me how utterly oblivious the Lanes are in the episode. smile

True, I could have written in a good comment or two from Jimmy. But then Lois probably would have killed him. laugh

Thanks for reading!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard