Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Missing Lois - TOC

A taste of Chapter 4, Part 5:

His phone rang. “Clark Kent speaking.”

“Finally, I reached you. Clark Kent, please, help me. I’m alive. You don’t…” The phone disconnected.

A chill shivered down his spine.

“Hello? Hello?” But the call was gone. She had sounded just like Lois, only not. He had gotten a couple of calls like it over the years, but this voice always gave him shivers. It reminded him of his nightmare about the woman chained to the rock.
Many thanks to my Beta Readers who keep me on my toes and my facts accurate. thumbsup

I apologize for the short length on this part. It sometimes happens. smile Next post will be back up to normal length.

As always I enjoy any and all feedback. Thank you.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 12/14/14 05:35 PM. Reason: Fixed broken Links

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
This sure sounds like Lois:

“Lois never liked apologizing either.” Sam chuckled. “Somehow it was like admitting defeat.”
I like our peak into canon with Clark:

If she was Lois, then who was the woman with whom he had made love the night before? The pregnant woman who knew about their first, first time? Had it all been just a dream?
It's nice to see what's going on from his angle.

And I'm glad to learn more about Lois' plan for returning:

So I’m waiting until the baby is born. We can raise a foundling child, can’t we?
You had me laughing with Ralph going to Gotham City! No more super heroes - right. wink

The geek in me is wondering if there are any differences between canon Lois and alt-Lois' DNA. peep

Joan

Top Banana
Top Banana
“You remember that last night before I left for New Krypton, don’t you, wife?”
Uh-oh... I have a bad feeling about this...

Well... I'm finally caught up! Took me a few days, but I did it! What an extraordinary ride so far! I love how you're blending in S-4 canon with a search for alt-Lois, meanwhile setting up a reason for L&C to adopt a foundling child, like at the end of the series. Way to tie up loose ends!

Now, if we can only find Mrs. Luthor and get her to meet alt-Clark! Looking forward to that part! hyper

Post more soon! smile

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Oh boy, am I behind. Also, behind on FDKing blush Which get's really bad since one needs to go back in time to do posts with the mind not knowing what's to come wink
/pulls out Flash Thingy/ eek

Oh, look, part 4's posted!

“How was your walk around Metropolis?” H.G. Wells asked, starting to flip switches and turn knobs. “You didn’t run into anyone who recognized you, did you?”
Ah, here we go with the explanation. Yeah, works, when read in succession.

She took the last strawberry from her bowl and shook her head with a smile. “I’m ready to return, Mr. Wells. I won’t forget who I am, anymore.” She bit into the strawberry.
Naughty girl! And I just realized, does she smell the same as this verse's Lois? And won't Clark smell like he does after he and his Lois... And won't Lois notice that Clark apparently just had a visitor in his bed?

“Lois, weren’t you wearing a green shirt earlier?”
clap

“Lois never liked apologizing either.” Sam chuckled. “Somehow it was like admitting defeat.”

Lois pressed her lips together. “I’m learning.” She walked down the hall to her bedroom.
laugh

Clark pried his eyes open; the morning sun was way too bright. Lois kissed him again. He wrapped his arms around her and rolled over, pinning her down. “I don’t want to wake up,” he murmured. “Let’s stay in bed.”
/Waits for Lois to notice the tell-tales of his hour of passion/

“If you tell me you can see those four Double Fudge Crunch bars I had over the weekend…”
laugh

“Yes. Thank you. Now, you can see why Clark’s my babysitter.” She laughed, again. “Something happens to Kal and I turn into an H-Bomb.”
*G*

As it is, I’ve had to give Ralph a plum job at our Gotham City bureau, so he wouldn’t sue. City desk. He said he could use a break from superheroes for a while.”
Umm...

“Is there something I should know about Gotham City, oh wise sage?”
notworthy

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Joan: Lots of questions, I'll try not to give too much away with my answers.

You had me laughing with Ralph going to Gotham City! No more super heroes - right.
Poor Alt-Clark. There's no Batman in alt-dimension. (until D. Michael has Ralph run over Bruce's folks! clap ) He's truly on his own. laugh

The geek in me is wondering if there are any differences between canon Lois and alt-Lois' DNA.
Let's just say, like twins their DNA at birth was identical. wink laugh

MozartMaid: Ah, another Alt-Clark junkie! laugh I don't know what it is about that man?... but if it takes me the rest of my life to find out...

Michael: Hee-hee, Michael, you've already got me quoting you!

Oh, look, part 4's posted!
Well, let's see Ch 4, Part 4 is 26/109 and today I posted 96/109... Valentine's Day is looking good! wink (Just teasing you. I know some people out there live in RL. I'm just happy if anyone lets me know they're reading.)

Ah, here we go with the explanation. Yeah, works, when read in succession.
Yippie! A plug for the Archives!

Naughty girl! And I just realized, does she smell the same as this verse's Lois? And won't Clark smell like he does after he and his Lois... And won't Lois notice that Clark apparently just had a visitor in his bed?
Suspend all disbelief... this is fiction...

And how's she going to explain the missing shirt to her Clark when she gets back to her dimension. And yes, I'm keeping position that this is not our canon-verse until proven otherwise.
Only deal with 2 dimensions in this story, although I've been thinking recently about writing a story with more than 2... Do you really think Clark pays that close attention to his t-shirts? wink

*sisterly*!
She's trying.

I didn't see that coming. Should have. That's what he gets for going after drugged women. At least, Lex only lies to them. And neuroscans them, maybe. Should add her knee to it, too.
You forgot kidnaps them, clones them, and makes them think he's her long lost true love. I'll take alt-Clark anyday.

/imagines Ralph's 'situation on a roof' after he publishes a rag-style headline on the Dark Knight/... Hey, maybe Ralph will hit-and-run Mr. and Mrs. Wayne while drunk and thus give birth to the Dark Knight?
notworthy Aw, I was all set on making Mr. Olsen the Caped Crusader wannabee. wink

I thought they'd have No Such Agency and only the NIA. Or is the NIA just the CIA's substitute and very convenient since NSA and NIA is close, anyway
I meant NIA. Thanks for the catch. Now, I'll have to go back to Ch 2 and see if I have her mentioning the correct agency back then too. Isn't the NIA a combo of NSA & CIA?

Sounds like Barry's not earning his chips there...
True, following Ralph would make ANYONE seem decent... Barry works hard, but it's still a sweet gig. Would you really want to switch from working WITH Superman to having him work FOR you? Barry, neither. Ralph leapt at the chance.

That hadn't even occurred to me!
Sometimes I write myself into a corner. I came up with a solution, but my Betas suggested a better one. laugh (I hope this doesn't count as spoilage).

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hee-hee, Michael, you've already got me quoting you!
dance

Only deal with 2 dimensions in this story, although I've been thinking recently about writing a story with more than 2...
huh

(I hope this doesn't count as spoilage).
It does. Now I know good fun-things will come eek
wink

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
The curse! He gulped, falling back against his pillow. He had forgotten all about the curse. But they hadn’t waited. They had made love that night. Hadn’t they? That couldn’t have all been some wild, wonderful dream? Just like the passionate dream he had with the pregnant Lois last night. Had she been real? Some kind of angel? She did fly. But that woman who just entered the bathroom was his Lois. Definitely his Lois. No frogs this time. If she was Lois, then who was the woman with whom he had made love the night before? The pregnant woman who knew about their first, first time? Had it all been just a dream? Another wonderful, fantastic dream?
[Linked Image]he's having doubts!!!

I love this:
Lois laughed. “So you sent him to Gotham City?” She patted his arm. “James, you are a riot. Superman will seem like a kitten compared…” She stopped laughing at his curious expression. “Perhaps I am mistaken. Never mind.” Another chuckle escaped.
[Linked Image]

Clark: "So what are you saying? I should go crawling back on my hands and knees?"
Martha: "No, honey. Fly back. It's faster!!"
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
chelo: wave

[Linked Image]he's having doubts!!!
Of course, he's having doubts. I can't make it *easy* for him to figure out.

Originally Posted by Chelo
I love this:
Originally Posted by Missing Lois
Lois laughed. “So you sent him to Gotham City?” She patted his arm. “James, you are a riot. Superman will seem like a kitten compared…” She stopped laughing at his curious expression. “Perhaps I am mistaken. Never mind.” Another chuckle escaped.
[Linked Image]
Well, yes, that's because there is no Batman in Alt-World, because Bruce Wayne's parents don't get killed off.

VirginiaR.
---

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard