Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
IreneD Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Constructive criticism is more than welcome!

Hope that you enjoy this section.

Irene smile

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well, I don't know if "enjoy" is quite the right word... <sniff, sniff> Poor tortured Clark, helpless not to help Lois, no matter what it costs him.

I wonder if it'll occur to her that this conversation doesn't exactly jive with the things he said when he first came in... although Lois has a remarkable ability to fool herself.

Can't wait to see more!

PJ
ps. Welcome back, Irene! smile

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Aw, poor Lois. Felt for her, worrying about whether Superman still loved her. But, LOL - typical that she ended up coming to the conclusion when he arrived that a good slapping was in order. whinging )

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
But what really makes this world so wonderful is the people. Lois, I’ve met some fantastic people. I see parents with their children, and I can feel the love that binds them together. You know, people call me a hero, but I see things every day that put me to shame. Small things. Normal things. Things that people here are too close to see just how miraculous they are.
I love what Superman says about the world being a wonderful place, Irene, especially this piece.

This is such a beautifully written story. I look forward to reading more. smile

Lois: Well, I like my quirks. I think they make me unique.
Clark: You certainly are unique.

Clark: You're high maintenance, you know that?
Lois: But I'm worth it!
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Irene, good chapter, I mean good instalment, I mean good part, er, I mean nice tease.

Once again you give us just enough to tantalize but not satisfy. That is so manipulatively evil... I love it!

Time to add a few whams into the mix, that should really shake up the gentle readers.

Tank the Resting (who thinks that Irene needs to consider a break from her work so she can concentrate of this story)

Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Great part Irene. When guys two time, usually they two time two girls, this will be interesting because he is two timing one girl, confusing huh?

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. smile1

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
A way to make people think they are not involved?

Maybe Superman should get a disquise, huh Lois?
Wear Glasses, unslick his hair....then they could go out together thumbsup

M
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
M
Oh god, what a wicked web you weave. smile Now Clark has to woo her in the day, and still go to her as Superman in the dark. Wonder how long he can keep at this. smile

Hope she falls for Clark quickly. But with Superman present...... this will get interesting....

Waiting for Part 6.

twins
metwin1

Y
Top Banana
Top Banana
Y
Irene,

I loved this part! Xanabee quoted the exact part I was going to quote! Clark's description of everything that he has seen in the world is so beautiful! Oh and poor Clark! She loves Superman but doesn't love Clark - so painful for him! You've expressed his emotional conflict so well!

- Alicia smile1

Laura "The Yellow Dart" U. (Alicia U. on the archive)

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." -- Christopher Reeve
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Nice Irene I loved all the sweet things Supes said but he just has to tell her he is Clark soon! Poor mess they've both gotten themselves in. Fix them quick<g> Great job. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
woo-hoo! you posted! yay! smile

sorry to hear you didn't get any writing done in vegas. get cracking! i want to see more!

love the line about "someone who could cook?" and the following line makes it even better. laugh

still love the "don't pretend that hurt, superman!" lift. just perfect.

great job reworking the leftovers bit. good change. smile

After having his offer to help in the kitchen rebuffed firmly, he sat quietly at the table and let her fuss over him. Now that she’d calmed down, she seemed to need something to do to keep herself that way. So she filled his plate repeatedly and dashed into the kitchen to get wine and filled his water glass umpteen times and fussed over the candles and otherwise didn’t sit still long enough for him to broach what was on his mind. The contrast between her current behaviour and how she normally treated Clark was unbearable.
lol. calmed down, has she? <g>

and i'll add in my vote for "poor, tortured clark."

such beautiful bittersweet waffy angsty moments you've written here, irene. how do you manage that?

superman's speech about the world.. what can i say? notworthy

wonderful post, irene. looking forward to part 6 (not to mention part 8... wildguy )

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
Kerth
Kerth
smile1

“… but I think we have to keep a low profile, and I think we have to come up with a way to make people believe that we’re not involved.
grumble Clark, I thought you were smarter!

But that could be cause by this,

If only she were in love with Clark as well as Superman
grumble

Jose wave

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Irene

WOW! An excellent part! thumbsup

I can't wait to read the next part.
Please post it soon.

Tricia cool

Top Banana
Top Banana
What a nice conversation. Superman's speech about the world is perfect. And then he really brings the news gently. And Lois takes it pretty well.

So where are you taking us next? Hurry and come back here, Irene!

Saskia (happy to have finally seen some smoochies)

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Wonderful, heartfelt speech about life. Reminds me of Clark in WWW, when he speaks about his faith in people. But...

Clark.
Is.
An.
IDIOT.

'Nuff said. razz

Hazel goofy

Lois: You know the deal.
Clark: Superman gets the guys in capes, Lois and Clark get the guys in suits.

-- Action Comics 827
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Another great part, Irene.

It's taken me a little to get used to Superman and Lois's closeness, but Clark's reasoning is definitely convincing. It's sad, though, to see him suffer.

I don't know how you plan to bring our favorite couple together (for real, not like this) but I hope it happens before she finds out the secret. Clark ususally cares a lot about Lois falling in love with the ordinary guy, but it seems to me that it should be even more important the way you're dealing with things.

I really hope we get the chance to see Lois wanting out of a relationship with Supes because she's realized it's Clark she wants to be with.

Post more soon (I'm sure you've never heard that before...)

Cris

Cris
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
Oooooh boy! I see all kinds of pitfalls and problems ahead with this set up!

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Just catching up and I'm loving every word of this story!!!! Wonderful, Irene!!!!

I love the bits of humor (copier bomb and the way Lois manhandled the thug was priceless smile )

Clark's is really digging himself in deep!! dizzy

More soon!!

Missy

Features Writer
Features Writer
Irene,
good segment
what a hole Clark is digging
more soon please
merry

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek