Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Missing Lois - TOC

A taste of Chapter 4, Part 4:

Sam looked at Lois and then announced, “He was pretty broken up when you left.”

“Poor Clark.” Her heart ached. She truly was fond of Clark. She knew how much her mental breakdown had affected him. “When you find him, tell him I’d like to see him. I need to apologize. I’ve really ruined his life.”

Superman flew in through the window. “You didn’t ruin my life, Lois.”

“Clark!” She ran to him and gave him a sisterly hug. “I’m so sorry.”

Superman swallowed and stepped away from her, looking at her carefully. “Lois?”

“I owe you something,” Lois said, then slapped him across the face. She had told him not to try to kiss her stand-in again when she first arrived in this dimension. He had broken that pledge. “Don’t let it happen again. This is your last warning.”

Sam’s and H.G. Wells’s mouths dropped open.

“I deserved that one.” Superman chuckled, rubbing his cheek. “You need to be careful, Lois. You’re really developing some strength in that right arm of yours.” He turned to the others. “She’s back.”
Many thanks to my wonderful Beta Readers who are my first line of defense on keeping my Clarks and Loises straight in the reader's mind. Thank you! clap

As always I enjoy any and all feedback. Thank you.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 12/14/14 05:33 PM. Reason: Fixed broken Links

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
Nice to see Lois in her own dimension for a while - at least. Love Clark's 'dream' - that was clever.

Joan

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
“I don’t know what you and Clark were so worried about. I’m fine.” She turned her head and gasped. “We’re in Smallville. What are we doing here?”

“We came to see Martha Kent.”

“But Mr. Wells, Martha Kent is dead,” she whispered.
/aaand that's why.../

“Am I really home?”

He nodded and knocked on the door.
/squints eyes/

looking spacey and slightly mental.
*G*

Carefully, with her hands behind her back, Clark’s mother placed a few of the photos face down.
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Joan: Another one of my favorite scenes. smile1

Michael: Thank you for always brightening my day with your little bits of humor. wink laugh (And sometimes your big bits of lol )

/aaand that's why.../
My first grin of the day... laugh

/must remember that she can't just do it herself/
No Lois does not have heat vision.

And could you imagine, living with them in the same apartment?
That's why I gave Lois an apartment of her own... oh, you mean one Lois and two Clarks. No, I can't imagine... every time I try my imagination freezes and I have to reload it. laugh wink

Maybe a little superspeed would also be a handy defense mechanism/pregnancy assist.
Nope, none of that either.

Did Lois accidentally cavort with Thor?
No, he's Marvel. Lois only cavorts within DC.

You know, I just had the craziest thought: What if this Lex treeats her like the most precious thing? Flies her to tropical islands. Dines her with exotic dishes. Spends time with her in front of the TV, watching Lethal Gun and Naked Weapon and eating pizza.
Maybe she is. Won't that be the most embarrassing 'rescue' ever? blush Of course, if that were the case, it wouldn't explain why they had used the Neuroscanner on her back during the Mayoral election?

/nods/ And Clark could come visit, too. Wouldn't that be fun, having Lois at home and a Lois on the side?
Perhaps she'll accept. devil

Can't imagine her being more reckless if she were a fast healer... Since she's already as reckless as can be.
Really? She couldn't be ANY more reckless? :rolleyes:

Yep, something's smellin' of dead fish, indeed. Did Wellses coincide in the Alt-dimension? And did this Clark not tell his Lois about the flying and stuff before the wedding?
I don't think that the Kents would have family photos of Superman in the living room where anyone from Smallville who happened to stop by could see them.

Twins?
Hmmmm. laugh

A moment from canon?
Yep, Canon Clark and Sub. Lois.

Or is she from this Alt-canon-world? And can she fly?
Not sure what alt-canon world is? An amusement park? This is Canon Lois visiting her hubby, while he's too exhausted to notice she's not his current younger wife.

Lois pretends she is a dream, because she's heading back to alt-world and leaving substitute Lois behind for a while longer. Sorry for the dizzyness.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Thank you for always brightening my day with your little bits of humor
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Columnist
Columnist
Martha shut the door and exhaled. She returned to the bookcase and righted the photos. Clark would have been angry if Lois had found out that way. Then again, it was his fault he hadn’t come clean with her.
Did I miss something, or do we not know why Martha is hiding pictures?

.talk nerdy to me.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by MrsLuthor:
Martha shut the door and exhaled. She returned to the bookcase and righted the photos. Clark would have been angry if Lois had found out that way. Then again, it was his fault he hadn’t come clean with her.
An over-abundance of foreshadowing, I'm afraid. blush wink

VirginiaR.
---
Columnist
Columnist
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
[b]
An over-abundance of foreshadowing, I'm afraid. blush wink [/b]
As long as I didn't miss something! lol

I can't stop reading!!! It's 1:43 in the morning, and I meant to get back on my school sleeping schedule tonight in preparation for Tuesday morning's 6am alarm! lol This story is like drugs!

.talk nerdy to me.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I can't stop reading!!! It's 1:43 in the morning, and I meant to get back on my school sleeping schedule tonight in preparation for Tuesday morning's 6am alarm! lol This story is like drugs!
Nope, you didn't miss anything.

Well, thanks, I think. blush laugh

Why don't you get some sleep. wink That way, you can meet my Mrs. Luthor in the morning (i.e. with fresh eyes). My top New Year's resolution is supposed to get me to bed before midnight as well... I've made it once this year.

VirginiaR.
---
Columnist
Columnist
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
[b]I can't stop reading!!! It's 1:43 in the morning, and I meant to get back on my school sleeping schedule tonight in preparation for Tuesday morning's 6am alarm! lol This story is like drugs!
Nope, you didn't miss anything.

Well, thanks, I think. blush laugh

Why don't you get some sleep. wink That way, you can meet my Mrs. Luthor in the morning (i.e. with fresh eyes). My top New Year's resolution is supposed to get me to bed before midnight as well... I've made it once this year. [/b]
I've actually been making a second attempt at my SuperNails all night. It's several layers that have to dry and what not, so I'll be up for another couple of hours. lol

.talk nerdy to me.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
“So, what happened to her?” Martha was interested. Lois and Clark’s lives were more fascinating than a soap opera
[Linked Image] I Love Martha!! she is my model of "how to be a mother"

“Are you sure she’ll want to be rescued?” Martha asked, hesitantly.

“Of course. She’s married to Lex Luthor, so I’m sure she’s being mistreated. As soon as she learned the truth about him I bet she started trying to escape. At least, I hope so. I know that Lois Lane is destined to be blind when it comes to love, but hopefully not galactically stupid as well.”
so... Clark's dream about Lois been tied up and being stroked by a lightning... wasn't just a dream... interesting...[Linked Image]

He could still taste the strawberries on his lips, but the bowl was gone from the bedside table. Sitting back down on the bed, he sighed. What a perfect dream.
I hope those "Clark´s dreams" helps Lois put everything in place, stop confusing her "Kent boys", and start looking for the alt-Lois! A.S.A.P.

Clark: "So what are you saying? I should go crawling back on my hands and knees?"
Martha: "No, honey. Fly back. It's faster!!"
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
chelo: Another day, more comments! hyper Thank you.

I Love Martha!! she is my model of "how to be a mother"
Now, if I could only act as I write my characters.

so... Clark's dream about Lois been tied up and being stroked by a lightning... wasn't just a dream... interesting...
Well, she's not Andromeda, so there might have been some dream aspects to the dream.

I hope those "Clark´s dreams" helps Lois put everything in place, stop confusing her "Kent boys", and start looking for the alt-Lois! A.S.A.P.
cool
Thank you for reading.

VirginiaR.
---

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard