Next Thread
Print Thread
#79835 06/13/11 05:36 AM
S
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
S
If you're reading, I'd love to hear from you.

Joan

#79836 06/13/11 08:05 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Uh-oh! Lois is going to get herself in trouble isn't she?!?! Clark better get better quick so he can save her!

I LOVE Martha and Lois teaming up to make the decision to confront Clark.

And I love the conversation when Lois actually does confront him. I feel so bad for Clark, despite the big, huge, stupid mistake he made initially by splitting himself.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

#79837 06/13/11 12:49 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Glad to hear that Clark is feeling better. Now if Lois could just heal her heartache.

“What’s this business about needing more time before you told me? How much time did you’d think I’d need? Our relationship didn’t start with our first date – you of all people should know that. Yet that’s the reference point you’re using.“ She moved closer to him. “I knew I had deeper feelings for you right before my wedding to Lex. You’re the reason I called it off.”

“Really?” His eyes brightened. “Why didn’t you tell me?”

“I believe you interrupted me and claimed you lied about your feelings for me,” Lois reminded him.

“Oh, yeah. I did.”
Lois makes a really good point and all Clark can say is... "Oh, yeah."??? :rolleyes: Clark. Clark. Clark.

“Lois, when you were with Luther, was it hard to tell if you liked him for himself or for his power and money?”

Offended, she replied, “What does that have to do with anything? And I am NOT shallow.”

“I didn’t mean it that way. I mean, if I were him, I’d wonder about that with any woman.”

“Clark, all women aren’t like that. Well, I’m not like that.”

“I’m not saying they are. I guess…” Struggling to find the words, he explained, “If I were Luther or some famous athlete or movie star or some hot shot CEO, I’d want to know that you loved me. Not the money or the power or the lifestyle. Me.”
Clark makes a very good comparison here. I never thought of it like that. In that way, he (Superman he) is like Lex Luthor. I could see why he wanted to make sure of Lois's commitment to Clark before telling her the truth.

Yes, I agree, Lois is about to get herself into trouble. <<shakes head>>> Lois. Lois. Lois.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#79838 06/13/11 04:24 PM
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
Another great part. Love how Martha got involved and encouraged Lois to confront him. I'm thinking nothing good can come from Lois taking off.

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
#79839 06/13/11 05:52 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I'm glad that you didn't end this in this chapter. Yes, they have a lot to talk about, and a lot to work through. I'm glad that you're showing that.

#79840 06/13/11 10:14 PM
Features Writer
Features Writer
I was surprised that so much time had passed while Lois was at her place, but the way you wrote it made me feel the numb, disordered way she felt.

I was sorry to see that his mom was so angry with him. He is a grown man, and even if she doesn't agree with all his choices, he's still her son. Still, we weren't seeing her with him, so maybe she was more supportive while with him. As she said in the show, it's nice to have another woman to talk to about him, and she can probably show more of her confusion with Lois.

At first, I wasn't sure I liked the confrontation between Lois and Clark because I thought she was being rather harsh on him (Lois always gets excused for being mean to him, but Clark can never get upset in return, it seems). However, as it continued to unfold before me, I was more and more impressed by the way Clark handled himself.

My absolute favorite line was when he asked Lois if it was all right that SHE didn't trust him but he wasn't allowed to hesitate in trusting HER with his enormous secret! I love that you brought that out here! My thoughts exactly, though never so eloquently phrased.

And the comparison to Luthor or any other famous personage--exactly right! This is perhaps one of my favorite confrontation scenes of all time because you're bringing out so many things that aren't discussed too often! So well done! I can't tell you how much I love this scene!

The ending has me a bit scared, but since there's only one more part, I'm hoping that she won't be able to get into too much trouble? I can't wait to find out!

#79841 06/14/11 10:27 AM
S
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
S
Thanks for all the feedback! It's great to hear from you all. This chapter was a bit challenging to write with Lois' emotions all over the place.

Deadly Chakram, jackiek, and VirginiaR - you're right. Lois is headed for trouble. wink Hopefully, I'll have the final chapter up sometime tomorrow.

VirginiaB and AntiKryptonite - I'm thrilled you got my point. Many rich and powerful people struggle with the idea that others only want to be near them for the lifestyle rather than loving them for who they are.

IolantheAlias
I'm glad that you didn't end this in this chapter. Yes, they have a lot to talk about, and a lot to work through. I'm glad that you're showing that.
When I first had the idea for this story, I was thinking everything would be okay after he was put back together. Then I got to thinking. Lois has just found out he's Superman, he's been shot and she thought he was dying, and he underwent some crazy procedure to avoid telling her the truth? That takes time to work through.

AntiKryptonite -
I was sorry to see that his mom was so angry with him
To her, if he'd told Lois about his secret identity this dangerous incident could've been avoided. It scares her that he put himself at such risk. Sometimes when we're scared that fear comes across as anger too.

Thanks again for reading and commenting!

Joan

#79842 06/14/11 10:30 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hopefully, I'll have the final chapter up sometime tomorrow.
Yes please! laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard