#79753 06/11/11 04:07 PM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Feedback here please.

#79754 06/11/11 04:37 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Nice, I liked the way you put this chapter together. You tied up a lot f ends here and I like how Henderson was in on the whole thing.

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#79755 06/11/11 08:46 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I'm glad to see that Clark is finally recovering. So it was the lack of sunlight that was keeping him from healing. And that pesky third bullet.

For a minute there I wondered if Lois was nervous about what Clark would say to Henderson, because of that 'green eggs and ham' bit from the previous part. Would he admit / say something to the Inspector he shouldn't? But I guess the pain meds had worn off by this point, because he seemed in charge of his wits.

“Yes – but you’re one of the annoying good guys.”
So Henderson really does know Lois well. lol

Lois shifted. “Much as I enjoy your conversation, Henderson, would you excuse me for a minute?”

The cop eyed Lois’s empty twenty-ounce coffee cup. “Sure.”

“I’ll be right back, Clark,” Lois assured him. She took her purse with her as she sought a ladies’ room.
I don't think Lois really had to use the ladies'. I think it was K that Lois flushed down the toilet. Not quite the Bermuda Triangle, but she needed to get rid of it fast.

“Kent, the hospital hasn’t arrested you. You’re here of your own free will and you can leave anytime.” Henderson shot a glance at Lois and added, “Of course, they’re going to make you sign an AMA form – Against Medical Advice. Lois should know all about those.”
It sounds like Henderson is implying that Lois has been in the hospital before and signed herself out using one of those forms. Perhaps she was shot one time that Clark doesn't know about.

So Clark doesn't want to know about his future. But he does now know that Henderson knows that Lois and Clark will be together in the future and have descendents... because how else would Tempus be familiar with how Lois Lane died? I couldn't see them teaching that in school if she was just a minor character (an ex-girlfriend) in Superman's history.

Side bar - In the S2 close episode, doesn't Clark/Superman read Tempus's diary before he burns it? I wonder what he learned?

So there are only 2 parts left? Wonder if Lois is finally ready to forgive Clark? Wonder what's up with Moose? Will they finally be able to eat tiramisu?

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#79756 06/11/11 09:42 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Clark floated in his euphoria.
Literally floated? Wouldn't that behavior get a bit suspicious around the hospital?

Was there a hint of a smile on that taciturn cop face?
He he, Moose can make just about anyone smile. laugh

“No, I mean, how did you get shot, Kent? The bullets are supposed to bounce right off you.”
I had a feeling when he did a rush job with the interview that he might know...

“What did I write in my, um, unpublished fantasy novel?” Clark said, riffling through the yellowed pages and seeing crabbed handwriting. He’d need some uninterrupted time and a better light to decipher that scrawl.
Did someone plant this? I doubt Clark actually wrote it. confused

...and your point of view character is a fellow called Tempus.
So that explains it! Tempus, meh razz

And it seems in this world---had none of the Tempus stuff actually happened to L&C? Unless, it just hadn't happened yet in their timeline, yet the journal shows up before it's supposed to... interesting twist. smile

“We’ve got a guard on Luthor’s body and it’s scheduled for cremation tomorrow.”
Good luck, Henderson... Luthor is pretty good at disappearing and reappearing to cause trouble, no matter how dead or well guarded. wink

“Am I one of the good guys, Henderson?” Lois asked.

hyper

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
#79757 06/11/11 11:55 PM
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Great part again!

Loved that Henderson knew and it was smile1

#79758 06/12/11 01:17 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Good point, Virginia. I never really thought of the implications when Clark read the diary. I'm thinking there wasn't really *that* much stuff in there about how LnC came to be. They probably also didn't spread *all* the sordid details over the tabloids. And Tempus probably cared little enough about frogs and clones and evil philanthropists. Otherwise, Clark would be a reeeeeallllly dense one to read about the stuff *and* then propose before telling Lois. Break up with Lois. Let Lois run off with said evil philanthropist. Then there was the immoral shrink. Certain blue-blooded Kryptonians. Do I need to continue? So, no, unless he was scared senseless about changing the future, this stuff was not in the diary on show. And just because I wondered. The Kryptonite was mentioned in the diary. That's why Mazic needed Nigel on the show.

Clark murmured happily. The sunlight was great. He began to feel stronger. The fuzzy cotton-wool feeling in his mind slowly dissipated.
Loved how possessive drugged Clark was about his sunlight hyper

Michael wave

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#79759 06/12/11 03:05 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I'm on my way to church, and haven't a lot of time, but I wanted to say:

1. I love this story! wave

Edited: This morning when I wrote this, I could not for the life of me remember the word I wanted. I even asked my family members, "What's that word that sounds like centrifuge, but means a divertionary tactic?" I finally gave up and just wrote "smoke screen". It wasn't until just now, as I was driving home in a torrential downpour that it hit me, "Subterfuge!" laugh

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
#79760 06/12/11 01:06 PM
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
Everybody is figuring out Clark's secret -

“No, I mean, how did you get shot, Kent? The bullets are supposed to bounce right off you.”
Love that Henderson is working with Lois and Clark.

Joan

#79761 06/13/11 06:11 PM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Laurach:
I like how Henderson was in on the whole thing.
I always figured that Henderson was smarter than he let on. If he figured out that CK=S, I can see him keeping his mouth shut about it until his curiosity is overpowering. Like wondering why Superman would get hurt by gunshots.

Virginia:
It sounds like Henderson is implying that Lois has been in the hospital before and signed herself out using one of those forms.
Um, see Darth Michael's quote below.

Mozartmaid:
And it seems in this world---had none of the Tempus stuff actually happened to L&C? Unless, it just hadn't happened yet in their timeline, yet the journal shows up before it's supposed to... interesting twist.
Um... not thinking about that... um... just needed something for the plot... um... don't tell anyone...

DW:
Loved that Henderson knew and it was [Lol] when Clark expelled the third bullet, but it was ingenious for that to be swapped with the green-K bullet!
See above re Henderson. And I think that Lois would always make sure that any kryptonite in Clark's vicinity gets destroyed. The tough part in this case was getting Henderson to give up the K-bullet. Fortunately, (or via Deus Ex Machina Plot Device) Clark had another bullet right there just waiting to be swapped out! laugh

Darth Michael:
I never really thought of the implications when Clark read the diary. I'm thinking there wasn't really *that* much stuff in there about how LnC came to be.
The great thing is, that since Tempus's diary was mentioned in passing but was never really thoroughly explored, I can say what I want about it! (see above regarding Deus Ex Machina Plot Devices. laugh )

Regarding the Against Medical Advice form:
'It's just a bump on the head. Not even 20 stitches. I've got a deadline.'
'It's just a sprain. The bone barely poked out of the skin. I've got a deadline.'
You know, Michael, that's exactly what I was thinking about Lois! She'd talk to her doctors just like that!

Vicki and scifiJoan: Thanks for the kind words!

#79762 06/13/11 06:42 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by IolantheAlias:
um... don't tell anyone...
Actually... that's the same thing HG Wells thought when he made them forget all that happened. Unless I missed something, everything's fine with the timeline smile

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#79763 06/18/11 04:35 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
So much awesomeness in one chapter! I LOVE that Henderson knows. He's a great cop and a great character. I wish he'd been in a few more episodes actually. Thank God someone saw through Clark's "murder" at the hands of Al Capone and his gang.

I liked the use of the journal and Tempus too.

A few favorite lines:

There was a shocked silence.
Nice one Henderson!

“It’s unusual, but it’s not illegal to have a cage in your wine cellar.”
Seriously LMAO on that one.

Ahahahahahaha!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard