Next Thread
Print Thread
#79630 06/08/11 05:35 AM
S
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
S
Hopefully this chapter will answer some of your questions smile If you're reading, I'd love to hear from you.

Joan

#79631 06/08/11 06:56 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
What a powerful mystic ceremony. Let's hope that Clark is okay at the end. He seemed a bit mentally unbalanced as two people. How is he going to handle those two sets of memories joined back into one body?

Lois knows. Sam Knows. Does Jimmy know? He must; he was in the room, right? Clark's life is going to change overnight because of this.

Bob? lol That's so going to catch on.

Bob seemed to like Lois an awful lot.
“Let’s lie down a few minutes. We’re tired.” Superman motioned to Clark’s bed.
What's Clark going to think about what the Bob side of him wanted from Lois while he was lying comatose in the hospital?

I don't know what's going to be worse for Clark... a) what Lois will do to him for doing this to himself (for her), or b) what Martha will do to him for doing this, or c) a combination of the two. (I'm going with C). Maybe they will be nice and figure he's suffered enough.

Nah. laugh

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#79632 06/08/11 07:35 AM
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
Glad to have them back together as one. What a way for Lois to find out about him. Love it!

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
#79633 06/08/11 08:05 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Oh yay! Clark and Superman are back together! I hope poor Clark isn't messed up emotionally/mentally too badly. Otherwise he'll never survive what I am sure is coming to him from Lois and his parents.

I kinda thought that Madame Moresca was going to be some sort of super villian that split Clark and Superman in order to rid the world of them though.

So Jimmy and Sam both know? Or is Jimmy the only one out of the loop? (since he was playing the part of the diversion and not necessarily in the room while the fusion of Clark and Superman was going on).???

Man, Clark has a lot of 'splainin' to do! I'd hate to be in his shoes when his mom and Lois get ahold of him if/when he gets well again.

Nice installment!

rotflol @ Bob.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

#79634 06/08/11 08:06 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ack! What a ride. I am on the edge of my seat!

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#79635 06/08/11 05:20 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I'm wondering about Madame Moresca's motivation. Why did she agree to split Clark in the first place? And did she agree to reverse the process only because Lois threatened her?

(You can tell I'm really getting into this story when I start worrying about the villain's motivation.) wink

#79636 06/08/11 09:04 PM
Features Writer
Features Writer
I'm so glad Clark and Superman are back together. I hope that in the midst of wondering how Clark could decide to do such a thing as this, they think about the pressures attacking him from all sides. The cries of the world demanding a savior, his parents wanting him to be safe and happy and good, and Lois wanting him to be there for him. Clark finds it incredibly hard to disappoint anyone, and that combined with his own insecurities and wishes did make the choice more acceptable than it might seem on the surface.

I loved how Lois helped without fully understanding things at the beginning. It's so heartbreaking to see Superman (and Clark) so out of sorts and, in a way, very helpless.

The moment Lois realized what was happening was amazingly written.

Very good job--I can hardly wait to see how the rest plays out.

#79637 06/10/11 08:34 AM
S
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
S
Thanks for all the comments smile1

VirginiaR and Deadly Chakrum -
Glad to hear you thought 'Bob' was funny. Clark has some recovering to do and we'll learn more about the reasons for his actions in the next chapter.

Thanks for this AntiKryptonite:

The moment Lois realized what was happening was amazingly written
With so much going on for her and so much anxiety, it was a bit difficult to write. I'm glad it came off well.

Deadly Chakrum and IolantheAlias, these are excellent points:

I kinda thought that Madame Moresca was going to be some sort of super villian that split Clark and Superman in order to rid the world of them though.
I'm wondering about Madame Moresca's motivation. Why did she agree to split Clark in the first place? And did she agree to reverse the process only because Lois threatened her?
I wanted to focus mainly on the idea of separation and how it impacted Lois and Clark. I didn't want the vehicle or process to detract from that. If I made Madame Moresca purposely tempting Clark to take advantage of his weakness, reasssembling him would've been much more challenging. Though, that would've been fun to play with too.

Thanks to everyone for reading and commenting!!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard