Missing Lois - TOC

WHAM WARNING: There are some things I deal with in the plot from here on out (starting in this part), which might make some readers uncomfortable. I promise you none of it is violent in any way.

Extra Disclaimer: I would like to thank Elvis Presley, Frank Sinatra, Ella Fitzgerald, Nat King Cole, Fred Astaire, Bing Crosby, Etta James, Michael Bublé and all the other great singers and songwriters who make all us fools fall in love. I have borrowed from your oeuvre to enhance the following scenes and do not take credit for your wonderful songs or songwriting abilities, only the effects they wreak on my characters. (Examples of the songs included in the following scenes can be found at the end of each Chapter section.)

Author’s Note: I have altered the timeline of the show twice in this chapter. First, by extending the length of Lois’s murder trial (to months instead of days) and secondly, by moving Tempus’s John Doe Presidential election bid to its correct spot - after “Ghosts” and around the time of “Stop the Presses” (i.e. November 1996).

Story Notes: Story is set in alt-dimension
- Clark = Alt-Clark unless otherwise noted
- Lucy El (Lois's secret identity) = pregnant canon Lois avoiding the curse by hiding out with alt-Clark
- Kal = what Lois-Lucy and alt-Clark call canon Clark
- Sam Lane = alt-Lois's Dad, Lois's doctor & roommate
- Mayor White = aka Perry White, former Editor-in-Chief at the DP
- The only people who know canon Lois's true identity are alt-Clark, Sam, and Moonbeam (alt-Star). Alt-Clark told Mayson Drake that Lucy El is his sister-in-law and that he has a twin brother, but not about the other dimension. Mayson didn't believe him (thinking instead that Lucy was a con-artist).

Where we left off with Chapter 3: Part 8: Clark had taken Lois to Mayor White's hero-themed Halloween costume party. Lois went as Ultra Woman. Clark went as himself with an added mustache.

Standing up, she took his hand. He lead her out of the ballroom to a small terrace. As she stepped closer to him Lois closed her eyes and Clark wrapped an arm around her waist. A moment later they were on the roof.

The cooler air felt good against her hot skin, but it didn’t clear this feeling from her mind.

“Lois,” he whispered, his lips next to her ear.

She shook her head. “Lois isn’t here, tonight,” she murmured. “Just Superman and Ultra Woman.”

“I don’t think…” he started to say, before she placed her fingers over his lips.

“Don’t think.” She began to sway to the music they could both still hear. She wrapped her arms around his neck. He closed his eyes. Slowly, he started dancing with her, his resistance melting.

“I’m not him,” he said, trying one last time to fight destiny.

“Yes, you are.”

As they swayed to the music, she whispered, “Surrender.” She placed her lips to his, but he turned away. Tears blinded her as she pushed him aside. The pain of his rejection swallowed her. These feelings for him were overpowering her; she could no longer control them or deny them. Opening the door to the stairwell, she disappeared.

Part 9

Clark stood on the roof, the air around him suddenly cold. He had done the right thing, but it felt so wrong. He could hear her sobs as she ran down the stairs. He couldn’t leave things like this. Flying down another way, he met her at the bottom of the stairwell. She was breathing hard from running and crying. She beat her fists against his chest as he embraced her. She set her head against his shoulder and cried.

The music changed again and Clark looked at Lois. It’s Now Or Never, Elvis sang. He tilted her chin up and closed his eyes, kissing her like everything inside him told him he should. Fireworks exploded in his nerve endings.

This was what a kiss should feel like, he thought. Two people becoming one. She pulled him towards her, closer, deeper. She wanted this as much as he did, he realized. His heart began to sing a tune he had never heard before. The tune of desire, of passion, of love. He wanted more of her, all of her. There was no going back. For this one moment, she was his. Forever, he would be hers.

She pulled away after a minute and grinned. Happy, no regrets. Never in his life had anyone looked at him with such affection, such longing. She wanted him. Him! Grabbing his hand, she took him back to the dance floor. He followed her lead. There was no Lois or Clark, no Lucy or Kal, just Ultra Woman and Superman. Woman and man. Her and him. Here and now. Where ever she went, he’d follow, willingly.

They started swaying to the music again. He could live with that one last kiss, he thought, until Elvis starting singing Burning Love. He forgot they were surrounded by people and that she was another man’s wife. All the unpleasant stuff just faded away. One glance from her, the yearning in her eyes matching his, and their lips were locked together again.

He had thought that the first kiss had been a fluke. No kiss could be as wonderful or tantalizing as that kiss. That was until this second kiss and the third and the fourth. There would be no end. All her kisses drove him to distraction, wild with desire. He felt like he had the first time he had discovered he could fly. Free. Like a rocket headed for the moon. This woman was his rocket fuel.

Clark had no idea how long they had been kissing, when he realized they were no longer standing on the ground, but floating in the air above the heads of the other dancers. He looked at her and she at him, then she laughed. A full throat laugh. It perplexed him, until he heard the lyrics Come fly with me, let’s fly, let’s fly away.

She took hold of his hands and floated in the air, spinning them around, dancing on air. It was only at that moment that he realized he wasn’t controlling them, she was. Her pleasure was making them float. Her! Sam was going to kill him. Death would be worth it after this. He pulled her into his arms and lowered them towards the floor, her head resting on his shoulder.

“Superman!” she gasped. “It’s Miranda! We’ve got to stop her.”

Superman had no idea who or what Ultra Woman was talking about, he could only stare at her. He didn’t want to stop anyone else tonight. He didn’t want to break this spell. He just wanted to kiss her again and again.

“Got it. It’s already too late for you. I’ll stop her,” Ultra Woman stepped away from him, only to realize they were still in mid-air and starting to gather attention from the other people on the dance floor. She let go of Superman’s hand and flew past one of Perry’s undercover police officers and stole his handcuffs. Then she landed in front of Miranda, who was dressed as Superwoman.

“What do you think you’re doing?” Ultra Woman asked her.

“Just giving out free samples of my new perfume…” Miranda held up her perfume bottle, but Ultra Woman took it away from her before she was spritzed.

‘Revenge’? I’ve already tried it. Thanks. It’s not for me.” Ultra Woman tossed the bottle to Superman who was hovering behind her, wondering what she was doing. He sniffed the perfume and made a face. Ugh, cat urine.

“Actually I call it ‘Animal Magnetism,’ but I like ‘Revenge’ better. Mind if I steal the name?” Miranda asked as Ultra Woman handcuffed her.

Without responding Ultra Woman flew the woman back to Perry’s security team, who stood there with their jaws hung open.

“I’d like to make a citizen’s arrest. This is Miranda. No last name. She has sprayed her love potion made with pheromones around the ballroom tonight. Thankfully, Superman and I were immune.”

“Thankfully,” the undercover policeman said with a sarcastic grin.

Superman handed them the bottle without speaking. Love potion? Pheromones? It explained the cat urine smell. He himself was doubtful about their immunity though.

Ultra Woman turned back to him with a smile and murmured, “Let’s split.”

Superman nodded, still unable to speak. Was it real? These emotions he felt or were they just drugged? Lois took off into the air and hovered above the police officers until he joined her. She held out her hand, which he willingly took and they zipped out of the ballroom to whoops and cheers. He was never going to hear the end of this; so much for months of dates to throw off the tabloids’ scent. At least she was in disguise. She stopped in mid-air above the city and wrapped her arms around his neck.

“Lois, if we’re under the influence of a love potion…”

“Not Lois, Ultra,” she whispered into his ear.

“Ultra Woman, please, if we are under a spell…”

“Who cares?” she whispered, kissing him once more. “Anyway, small doses of the pheromones didn’t seem to affect Kal.”

Great. If pheromones weren’t interfering with his judgment, then… “I’m taking you home.”

“Stay with me, tonight,” she murmured, kissing down his neck. She definitely wasn’t immune and he was beginning to wonder about his own lack of willpower as her nibbling on his neck brought out feelings he had never dreamed existed inside him.

Tentatively, Superman pried her arms off from around his neck and took her hand. “Come on.”

Less than a minute later they were standing in her living room. Sam was waiting for them, his arms crossed. Just what he needed, Clark thought. Sam raised an eyebrow at them both flying into the room.

“Go to bed, Ultra Woman,” Superman said, turning her towards her bedroom and patting her on the bottom. She turned around and leaned her entire body onto him and kissed him so thoroughly that he felt it down to his toenails.

She giggled and then when she was out of sight of Sam, crooked her finger for him to follow her. He waved with a smile.

Sighing, he turned to Sam. “We got dosed with a pheromone perfume at the party. I needed to get her out of there…”

Sam just shook his head. “That’s actually not why I’m waiting for you. Although, I distinctly warned you to do no flying after mid-October.”

Clark groaned. He felt like he was about to get the wrath of bringing a teenage daughter home two hours late.

“I wanted to return this to you,” Sam continued, holding up the plastic bag with the cotton ball in it.

OK. He wasn’t expecting that. “Did you get the information you needed?” Clark asked, taking the bag.

“No.” Sam shook his head. “Lucy no longer bleeds. I pricked her finger the other day for a sample and it had healed before any blood escaped. We’ll have to wait and see if her powers remain, diminish or grow stronger after the baby’s born.”

Clark exhaled and leaned against the sofa. “Thanks.”

“I wanted you to know that the sample was somewhere safe,” Sam said with a nod, turning towards his bedroom. “Good night.”

“What? No riot act?” Clark was surprised.

Sam paused. “You are both adults. You’ll regret your actions tomorrow and that will be punishment enough. And as she reminds me daily, I’m not her father.”

“Is everything all right, Sam?” Clark asked.

“Lucy’s mad at me. I told her about something that happened before Lois disappeared and, of course, she sided with my daughter. She’ll forgive me eventually.” Sam waved good night and went down the hall.

Clark went into the kitchen and set the bag in the sink. He used his heat vision to melt both the plastic bag and cotton ball, blowing out the left-over flame.

He should go home, Clark told himself. He sighed, leaning against the counter. He didn’t know if it was the effects of the pheromone perfume or something else, but his apartment was the last place he wanted to be at this moment. Especially if he knew Lois was waiting for him, wanting him, in the next room. He buried his face in his hands. ‘Go home,’ his inner voice warned. ‘She’s someone else’s wife.’ He closed his eyes and relived that kiss on the dance floor. When he opened his eyes, he was standing at her bedroom door. He opened it and went inside.

Lois rubbed her temples again. Her head was throbbing and it had nothing to do with the pheromone perfume she had been dosed with the night before. It was like the day Superman arrived. Everyone in the newsroom wanted to know about Ultra Woman, everything about Ultra Woman.

She and Clark had come so far in their friendship over the past four months, only to end up right where they had started. The sexual tension had returned. Terrific. Lois closed her eyes, trying to block out the noise in the conference room and beyond. Memories of dancing with Clark the previous night slipped back into the forefront of her mind.

Her body moving with his.

His body moving with hers.

The deep breathing.

The sweat.

The moaning.

The pleasure.

Skin against skin.

Again and again and again.

The kisses that had started at her mouth and… she released a slow, steady breath.

Lois knew she would never be able to listen to Elvis again without thinking of Clark, without craving Clark’s touch, this Clark. Ever.

*** End of Part 9 ***

In case you want to know what the above-referenced songs sound like, click the link below:

Elvis - It's Now or Never

Elvis - Burning Love

Frank Sinatra - Come Fly With Me

Comments

Chapter 3: Part 10

Last edited by VirginiaR; 12/05/14 02:40 PM. Reason: Fixed broken Links

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.