Next Thread
Print Thread
#79468 06/02/11 05:35 AM
S
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
S
If you're reading, I'd love to hear from you.

Joan

#79469 06/02/11 06:06 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Well, this definitely shows us another explanation to the phrase 'having an argument with one's self.' smile

I'm glad that Lois has finally realized and vocalized with whom she loves (not that we all knew it to begin with... it wasn't 'Mrs. Superman' she was imagining in the mirror before her wedding with Luthor, it was 'Mrs. Clark Kent.')

Poor Superman. Despite the super powers, he seems to have ended up with the raw end of the deal. No friends. No girlfriend. Only vague memories of his folks. No home. And making amateur mistakes. frown No matter how Clark phrases it, he definitely ended up with the better life.

I just hope the psychic hasn't disappeared into the wind...

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#79470 06/02/11 04:03 PM
Features Writer
Features Writer
I love how you're drawing this story out, showing the drawbacks for both Clark and Superman, as well as for Lois and his parents. More than anything, though, I *love* how the underlying conclusion is that only Clark and Superman together make a complete individual.

There were a lot of good parts in here. Both Clark and Superman are having really big setbacks. I can't imagine how hard it must be for him to know he's responsible for people being hurt, and for Clark to think that maybe he's not cut out for normal life when it's what he's wanted for so long.

I hope that when Lois figures out--or is told--what is going on, that she doesn't get mad at him and make him think he's lost her by doing this just so he could be with her.

Can't wait to find out what happens next!

#79471 06/02/11 05:54 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Each of them has only half a brain! laugh

I bet now is the time when Clark and Superman find that it's easy to get into something like this, but really hard to get out of it...

#79472 06/03/11 09:02 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Really loving this. I love how only Clark and Superman together make a complete person. And I love that Clark now has his "out" in terms of Lois - he knows that she loves him not Superman. So he can tell her at any time.

Love the fight between Clark and Superman. Well done!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

#79473 06/04/11 04:17 PM
S
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
S
Thanks for all the feedback! smile1

VirginiaR

I'm glad that Lois has finally realized and vocalized with whom she loves (not that we all knew it to begin with... it wasn't 'Mrs. Superman' she was imagining in the mirror before her wedding with Luthor, it was 'Mrs. Clark Kent.')
Ironically enough, when I first watched the entire series run on Netflix, this entire exchange wasn't shown! Superman was in the cage, then he escaped. The whole pre-wedding part - gone. Talk about bad editing!

AntiKryponite and Deadly Chakrum, I'm thrilled you hilighted this:

More than anything, though, I *love* how the underlying conclusion is that only Clark and Superman together make a complete individual.
IolantheAlias

I bet now is the time when Clark and Superman find that it's easy to get into something like this, but really hard to get out of it...
Isn't that the truth? wink

Thanks for reading and commenting!

Joan

#79474 06/04/11 04:44 PM
A
Columnist
Columnist
A
I'm so sorry I haven't left any feedback yet, but I am really intrigued by this story. I knew the premise was not going to lead to anything good, and I am fascinated by the way it is playing out. You're doing a great job of illustrating how Clark and Superman are not the separate entities that Clark would like to think they are. It's interesting, too, how Clark clearly sees himself as superior to Superman. I can't wait to see where this goes!

Amber smile

#79475 06/04/11 05:16 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Also: Please post the next chapter soon! dance

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard