Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Missing Lois - TOC

A taste of Part 6:
Clark was at her bedroom door an instant later. He knocked, but there was no answer. Lois was sitting in bed, her head lying against bent knees, tissues covering the comforter. She glanced up when he entered, her eyes red and puffy. “Clark! I’m guilty.”

“Guilty? Of what?” he asked sitting down on the bed next to her.

She wrapped her arms around him. “Of murder, you idiot.”

“Oh. The trial.”

“Yes, the trial. I can never go home, Clark. They want to execute me.” She started to cry again.

“Kal will never let that happen and you know it.”

She gasped between sobs. “Oh, I know it all right.” She sniffled. “He broke me out of jail. ‘Mad Dog Lane’ is on the lam. He risked everything he believes in for me. The D.A. suspects that Superman helped me escape. Everything is all wrong.”

“Mad Dog?” He pressed his lips together so that he wouldn’t laugh. “You?” He couldn’t hold the laughter in any longer.

“Yes, me!” She threw a pillow at him.
Many thanks to my great BRs for asking me the right questions and helping me make my story less confusing. You are the best!

Thank you also to everyone still reading my story. I appreciate all comments. Thank you.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 12/05/14 01:09 PM. Reason: Fixed broken Links

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
I think you've hit a very important point about Clark. With his higher obligations, he can't always be around, even though he would want to be. He needs a strong woman. And Mayson, along with her dislike of Superman, isn't strong in that respect.

Mayson said that she loved him and that she knew that he cared for her, but that she needed someone who, when the chips were down, would put her first, before everything else in his life – including Superman – and she didn’t think that he could ever do that. She had thought for a few minutes that morning that maybe she could teach him to do that, but he proved to her without a shadow of a doubt that he could not.
Nice to see something good happening for Alt-Clark. I liked the moment between he and Sam when Sam assured him that being upset after someone you cared for was hurt was perfectly normal.

Joan

Top Banana
Top Banana
“We can keep an eye on her for you,” Mr. Olsen had volunteered.

“Of course, we will. She’ll be fine. Make her miss you for a while.”
Why do I get the feeling that this is a bad idea? clap Yay! I hope this is a good sign, and nothing nefarious is lurking in the shadows of this good news...

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
“Clark’s already left, honey. James and I were just about to leave.”
Huh.

“Mayson kicked him out? But she loves him.” She glanced between the men for a better explanation. “He needs her.”
Non good?

. “That can’t be right. I expected him to break up with her for her own good. I warned her that it might…” Her eyes went wide with horror. “Oh, my God, what did I do?” Her head dropped into her hands. “I did this. I came down here to stop him from making a tragic error of judgment and it was already too late. She countered with a preemptive break-up. Oh, Clark, forgive me. Forgive me.”
Not good at all. And apparently, Mayson's all for MAD (mutually assured destruction). Although, it does herald the arrival of this 'verse's Lois Lane. "Get rid of current girlfriend. Check."

“You knew he was in love with Lois, yet you didn’t want him to break up with Mayson?”
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Joan: I'm glad the differences between Mayson and Lois showed through and why Mayson isn't the right woman for Clark.

MozartMaid: What? Perry and James watching out for a pregnant Lois? What could possibly go wrong? laugh

Michael: Again with the insightful! It must one of those days? wink Oh, right. You pick up on subtle.

Not good at all. And apparently, Mayson's all for MAD (mutually assured destruction). Although, it does herald the arrival of this 'verse's Lois Lane. "Get rid of current girlfriend. Check."
This, of course, assumes that alt-Lois will give alt-Clark/Superman the time of day.

Also, it makes her feel as if he broke up because of the itty bitty damage to her face.
Yep. Tacky.

Uh-huh. Then how do ya explain the floating, missy? Did you just go for the artificial insemination?
The baby isn't alt-Clark's.

Sounds like she doesn't like not being in control of Clark.
He's her Frankenstein monster. She created him. She should have ultimate authority over him, right?

/looks at Sam, Perry, Jimmy, and back again/ I don't know about you, folcs, but I'm not buying the whole platonic angle. Must be the Kryptonian version of platonic.
Hmmm. Lois must be confused.

He could use that Kryptonite...
That seems a bit drastic for a woman he only just likes...

Poor Clark. And they haven't even invented the little blue pills, yet. But it's okay, they say it happens to every man once in a while...
Clark's thinking issues... Dr. Klein thinking physically. laugh Love that scene.

So, Clark's going to start vibrating so hard his body becomes a cloud of gas and Doc Klein captures a sample with a vacuum cleaner?
That sounds messy. And what if he missed a few of those flying sperm... It wouldn't be safe to enter S.T.A.R. Labs as a woman.

He really is sending mixed signals...
To Dr. Klein?

So, will he die of an overdose once he meets his Lois? Mayson's probably just been that cheap, strained party stuff with more flour in it than the Real Deal (TM). But Lois? Oh boy, she's likely going to be 100% pure, fresh from the stem. And on an unrelated note, is Linda the bad stuff you can buy at the street corner from the really mucked up dude, cut with fertilizer until it's more poisonous than rat poison?
Linda? She's not in this story.

Huh. Now what kind of glasses is he going to get???
I don't something a little more revealing? laugh

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
You pick up on subtle.
wave Michael

*) Otherwise known has steamy hot sex

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
“I’ll have to agree with you there. But how did you know he was going to break up with her, almost before he did?”
“I wish I could call it psychic intuition.”
that would be a "power" itself, but you would be Lois-Star-Moonbeam
[Linked Image]

"Looks like he finally cut those apron strings."
[Linked Image]

“If I punched a man in the nose for hurting Lois, I could quite easily kill him.”
“You meant Mayson?” Sam asked.
ups, same mistake again...

“Your Lois? Your Lois?” Sam stood up, picked up the knife, and charged him. Superman easily stepped out of his way .... “Stay away from my daughter!” Sam yelled, shaking his fist. “You tights-wearing freak!”
jijiji that´s a jelous father [Linked Image]

Clark: "So what are you saying? I should go crawling back on my hands and knees?"
Martha: "No, honey. Fly back. It's faster!!"
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
chelo: Mas? Yea! clap

that would be a "power" itself, but you would be Lois-Star-Moonbeam
Perhaps it was having been dumped by canon Clark during Contact, which gave Lois that "power".

[Linked Image]
rotflol clap I love it! What a great picture!

ups, same mistake again...
CLARK: Er... Um... Hey, is that someone calling for help?

jijiji that´s a jelous father [Linked Image]
Yes, Sam might be a tad overprotective, but there's a reason for it.

VirginiaR.
---

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard