Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#79365 05/28/11 10:05 PM
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
The fifth--and last--story might be delayed by as much as a week depending on how much time my upcoming writer's conference takes. Still, it will be coming within, at most, two weeks.

Thanks for all the great responses to these--and, of course, thanks to the writers of the show and Dean Cain and Teri Hatcher for providing such great inspiration.

Oh, and just a disclaimer here that I should have thought of before I started writing this series: it's very hard to romanticize certain senses--so please don't hold it against me! wink

Hope you all enjoy, and please comment!

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Hi Anti-K,

I *love* this story. You captured an aspect of Clark's alienation I have never seen discussed, but it makes perfect sense. (No pun intended.) And that very alienation, not to mention the horrific way in which he learns of his super-smell, makes the ending even more WAFFy.

Well done! smile

Have fun at the writer's conference.

Joy,
Lynn

S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
Isn't that the truth? That certain sensations can trigger emotions - logical or not. And this rings true.

But I was drowning in the smell of her blood, its sharp, metallic, salty aroma reawakening all my guilt and shame and sense of failure.
I like the scent memories you chose and how they related to his parents and ultimately to Lois. I can imagine this was a challenging scent to write about but, as always, you did an excellent job.

Joan

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
AK - This was fabulous! I love how well you are able to capture the very essence of Clark's alien nature and the things that set him apart. I love how he connects the different smells with different emotions, and how things change once he meets Lois. Great work!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
You went in a completely different direction than I would have, but WOW what a powerful vignette. hail

I love how you made smell a negative scent for Clark until he met Lois and how she taught him acceptance, love -- to overcome the negativity of this sense. And, yes, I also believe that certain smells, like music, can wisk someone away from where they are back to a memory.

I read touch and sight, but I think I missed number three. I'll have to re-check the boards. When you finish with number 5, can you put them together on a TOC? Thanks.

Oh, wait, hearing. I had read it. blush Oops. Didn't realize it was part of this series when I read it. Double blush My apologies.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
That was just beautiful! And I think you got the episodes captured very well indeed!!!
thumbsup
Thank you!

EvelynC
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Another great fic. 'Nuf said.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Interesting angle. I never thought about it before. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Loved where you took this, even though I certainly wouldn't have thought in which direction you would take smell.

My favourite line was :

Just another reminder that I wasn't like everyone else. That I had a secret I could never reveal to anyone. That I could never stay in one place. That I was a stranger no matter where I went.
Similar to his glasses (kind of) that reminds him he is different laugh

Well done! thumbsup

smile

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow, AK, all the stories were great, but I think this one was the most powerful. As has been mentioned, it was an aspect of Clark we've never seen (or smelled) before.
Great job!
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Thanks, everyone! I’m glad this went over well because, let’s face it, out of all Superman’s powers, isn’t this the one nobody would pick? huh

Thanks to everyone who commented!

And, thanks, Lynn S M, for the good wishes!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard