Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Anybody guess that Lois would be the one to have to rescue Clark? laugh

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Originally posted by mozartmaid:
Anybody guess that Lois would be the one to have to rescue Clark? laugh
No, I did not. Does remind me of one of the few good parts of "Superman Returns"

Overall a nice way to restore their relationship.

Looking forward to Lois pushing Clark into the spotlight.

Framework4
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
Glad we didn't have to suffer having the two of them apart for long. Poor Clark - thinking his secret is public and he's been betrayed by a woman he cares for. No wonder he didn't resist Lex's goons.

What's next?

Joan

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Sigh... Love how it all turned out. More soon. laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
So, Lois's story doesn't tie Clark to the 'Superman' guy (I know he isn't named that yet). Hmmmm. That carnival mask seems more like an option, now, that Perry doesn't see the connection. If Perry doesn't see it, nobody will.

“Mr. Luthor doesn’t take kindly to reporters snooping around in his business. We want to know what she told you. If she prints what she saw tonight--” said the man ominously.
Lois can now say... "Thanks for verifying my hunches about you and that green rock, Luthor."

Clark beaten up and drowning. clap

“Lois, you don’t understand… I am not some government experiment—I—“ he looks at me expectantly, yet holds back. “I can’t tell you.”
I just feel for Clark. Hiding who he really is must be hard on him, but trusting Lois after her betrayal is difficult too.

Clark snuggling with Lois after swimming in yucky canal water. love Nice.

Are they staying in Venice or moving on?

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Features Writer
Features Writer
There were such great moments in this part--Lois's realizations, Clark's confessions, and the tense moments with Luthor and his goons.

I'm with scifiJoan--I'm so glad we didn't have to suffer through a long separation. I thought that maybe Clark would have heard her conversation with Perry before I remembered (in a head-slapping moment) that he didn't have his powers right now. And that really scared me when Lois--and I--realized that it was Clark being beaten up by Luthor's men! frown

I love that Lois saved Clark, and his admission that he hadn't been fighting back was really heart-wrenching. I can't imagine how betrayed and lost he felt, and it was perfect that he was only worried about his parents, not himself, even though he was the one being beaten and--almost--killed.

My favorite line, I think, is when Lois realizes that Clark is strong enough to carry her--and all her baggage. Beautiful!

Their closeness is so sweet, so Lois & Clark. I can't wait to see what happens next. And I still have this bad feeling about Luthor (but I think that's permanent smile ).

D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Also happy that Lois and Clark weren't apart for too long!

I also didn't expect that Lois would save Clark, but I am glad that she did.

Cannot wait for the next part!

hyper

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Thanks for the kind words! smile
Unfortunately, I've gotten behind on my writing schedule, so I have to delay posting the next part one more day. Right now, I'm halfway through writing part 11 (there will be at least one more part after that). I want to get that part to my lovely beta readers before I post part 9... So I will have time to finish that tomorrow--And I have the plot done for the rest of the story, just need to get it out on the computer! And so tomorrow I will post part 9. Sorry for the delay!!

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
“Lois, from the first day you came into my office I knew you had a good nose for a story. Now you’ve got two leads that haven’t amounted to a hill of beans. Is everything all right?”
Hmm... that's it! She has the sniffles!

“Sounds good. Keep me posted, Lois. And stay out of trouble!”
He might just as well tell her to stop breathing.

A few blocks from the villa, I hear what sounds like a fistfight coming from straight ahead. I’d rather not venture into the lonely back streets of the city, so instead, I make my way closer to where they are fighting.
Yep, rather than go into the lonely backstreet, go into the other street with the fistfight. That's our Lois hyper so, what's next? What's going to happen when they wake up in each other's arms? hyper

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Michael:
But why is he [Lex] so scared of Lois? He just showed at least a 100 people of likely not so unsavory a nature a stone with a legitimate purpose. Either, he trusted their words or had them sign NDAs. And still, word could have leaked out. So, why go after Lois like that?
The party was private--so, Lex's closest friends/associates, if you will. You can happily assume that the party wasn't very large (30-50) of the ilk that would support each other's endeavors and keep pet projects within the circle of friends... As you quoted later, Lex had known that Lois was a reporter for the Daily Planet. She had been hounding him for an interview... so that's how he knew who she was. As to why he hadn't granted her one up to that point? Too busy? Sees her as an underling and not worth his time? wave

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
wave

Re Lex: Ah, yes.I figured, it were just random Italians, instead of Lex arriving with this entourage to hold a special court session in Venice.

As for the interview: True. Just figured: She's female and young. Lex is Lex. She might have looked like a good prospect for warming his bed for a night before he sends her off with the standard press release about his past evil

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard