Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Missing Lois - TOC

A taste of Chapter 3 - Part 4:

As Lois straightened up, her lower back began to hurt. Great. She rubbed her back. All the sitting in uncomfortable chairs was finally catching up to her. Then the baby kindly kicked her. She had missed lunch and Baby was not happy. She would need to eat something soon or the baby…

Kick!

Oh, Baby had read her mind. One swift kick to the bladder, too. So much for stealthy undercover work.

“Not now, little one,” Lois whispered with a pat to her tummy. She wished she had remembered to go at Clark’s. She noticed another room in the corner of the arcade room. Perhaps it was a restroom. Quietly, she pushed the door open and found – not a restroom – but the hub of the VR machine. And there, strapped into Jaxon’s contraption, was Superman.
Your comments are - as always - appreciated.

To my wonderful Beta Readers: This Chapter is better and clearer, because of you. Thank you. clap

For a plot summary of the first 2 chapters, please check out the Comments page for Chapter 3 - Part 1 (Thank you, Iolanthe).

Last edited by VirginiaR; 12/04/14 03:01 AM. Reason: Fixed broken Links

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
Poor Alt-Clark. Isn't it interesting how one or two events can alter a person? With his parents dying when he was younger and no Lois to foster his confidence, Alt-Clark struggles more.

Poor Clark:

It feels like I failed again. Like everyone I care about is taken from me. I am the angel of death. First my parents, then Lois and now, sweet, sweet Mayson.”
I hope he doesn't get into big trouble.

This line about Jimmy/James cracked me up:

“I always pictured you as a Mustang kind of guy.”
Joan

Top Banana
Top Banana
“Oh, right, the shirtless David.”

“Michelangelo’s David wasn’t wearing a shirt, either. He was naked.”
clap Love this image, and glad you clarified it as well... though 'shirtless David in jeans' sounds awfully yummy... laugh

Poor Clark. He goes without a shirt for one day and it will live in infamy.
clap rotflol

“It doesn’t feel that way. It feels like I failed again. Like everyone I care about is taken from me. I am the angel of death. First my parents, then Lois and now, sweet, sweet Mayson.”
Poor Clark! frown

But Lois beat me to the punch on 'sweet, sweet Mayson.' Bit of a stretch there Clark, even for you.

Hmmm... and Clark off to 'squish that worm Jaxon'? I almost expected Lois to have developed super-strength or been able to fly to stop him...

(Oh, and I'm glad Mayson didn't die... but she sure took a beating!)

But I'm worried about Supes when he's feeling this down and dare I say it, vengeful...

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Lois set down her pen. What was that? Unknowingly, she mimicked the way Clark looked up and to the right as she listened.
Teeping?

She chuckled, sarcastically. “No, I thought I’d fly.”
eek

She glanced at him surprised. “I always pictured you as a Mustang kind of guy.”

“I was.” He grinned. “Before the millions.”
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Joan: Yep. Alt-Clark doesn't have the confidence of canon Clark, but that doesn't make him any less irresistable.

I hope he doesn't get into big trouble.
What? Clark get into trouble when he runs off into a situation without thinking it through? Nah! wink

MozartMaid: Well, Mayson's okay for Mayson. She's not dead. Of course, she still has to survive surgery...

Love this image, and glad you clarified it as well... though 'shirtless David in jeans' sounds awfully yummy...
Oh, sorry, I'll try to keep Clark's clothes on him from now on. laugh

But Lois beat me to the punch on 'sweet, sweet Mayson.' Bit of a stretch there Clark, even for you.
She is technically his girlfriend.

Michael: No, not Teeping, hearing.

Ferrari likely more impressive with them ladies.
Any woman interested in James for his car, would have been interested in him for just his money. He could drive a Pinto and have women hanging off him.... Ok. Maybe not a Pinto. laugh

Hmm... that could be a problem. Phone trails. Lucy might indeed become a prime suspect in the case. Stalker girl con-artist with no identity, plus records of Mayson looking into her history, Lucy has both love and money as motive. Yep, she's gonna go away for a loooong time.
You mean if Clark's apartment is considered part of the crime scene?

Hmm... case of Swiss mind. why did he not put away his suit? Was that because Sam called him last night?
He hurried to change OUT of it before Mayson came over. His brain was thinking WOMAN, not SUIT.

Poor Clark. Nobody recognizes him sans suit. And his neighbors don't care he's living right there on the street. So much for his celebrity.
Well, the crime level had gone down in our neighborhood recently, but I didn't put 2 and 2 together until the car exploded...

What evidence? Apartment not crime scene. Unless Superman's a suspect, too?
That's Lois's thoughts as well.

Not even her partner knows? And cop partner's are usually closer than husband and wife.
Mayson's apparently pretty good a keeping a secret.

Poor Henderson. Just when he thought the nightmare was finally over. And soon, there will be *two* of them!
laugh

Yep, sounds like the local bombers are much more competent than those on the show. Umm... how did she get the brick damage. The concussive force was coming towards her from the car and the wall was behind her, where she was shielded by Superman...
Superman may have been between Mayson and the brick wall, but then the wall burst forward with impact and unless she had her arms, legs, and head exactly where he had his, the fragments would have still struck her.

*G* She really should be more careful. Soon, her experience will dry up and then she's back to regular B&E for factfinding.
By that point, she'll be to big (belly-wise) for B&E, or the curse will have gotten her, or she'll have returned to her own dimension...

And then, there was that big bang and lot's of blood and brick and car parts. It was a *mess*. You wouldn't believe it if you hadn't seen it. Oh *man*. And Superman? He *freaked*! He actually said: "I'm gonna squish that worm Jaxon Luthor for blowing up my squeeze."
Hence the 'clean up'.

She raised an eyebrow at him. “You never saw Jurassic Park, did you?” It's been a couple of years, so...
Sorry, one of my favorite movies. I explain the line at the bottom of the Post in an Author's Note. JP was released around 1995, so it would have been fairly fresh in Lois's mind if she had seen it. (And apparently she did laugh wink )

Makes me worry about Star Wars. And with Arnie dancing, how Terminator, The Musical looks like? "We're machines! Killin' machines. We go *clunk* in the night, and *crash* in the day! We're machines! Killin' machines. We blow up the world, since we're machines!"
George still made 'Star Wars' in Alt-Dimension, but "Terminator" had a different robot. laugh

Oh boy. Suddenly, I wonder if Mayson wasn't just trying to sex-trap Clark away from Lucy.
Just trying to claim what was rightfully hers under the Girlfriend Statute of 1962.

Oh dear. Halfway super-preggo Lois, meet Mrs. Lois Luthor. Oh dear. Oh dear. And who knows. Maybe this Lois actually took over Luthor's empire. Just like Mindy did Intergang. Oh dear. Can you imagine that catfight? Oh dear. Oh dear. Oh dear.
Ooooh! clap A good canon Lois meets an evil alt-Lois, like the one Bobbart mentioned Lex wanting in his Lex narrative? Oooh. Has anyone ever written that?! That would be worth reading. (Although I personally can't see Lois going that bad).

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
No, not Teeping, hearing.
Lois picked up Clark's first call for Mayson, when he was just waving her hairclip and not yet panicked, except maybe subconsciously?

Any woman interested in James for his car, would have been interested in him for just his money.
True. But introducing oneself as "James Olson, Internet Bubble Billionaire Extraordinaire" is so much more obnoxious than asking the girl if she'd like a spin in his Ferrari. Hmm... okay, maybe not.

You mean if Clark's apartment is considered part of the crime scene?
huh

He hurried to change OUT of it before Mayson came over. His brain was thinking WOMAN, not SUIT.
And yet, he still managed to open the door on the first try... Or walk straight and talk semi-intelligible... His Superman duties really did give him an edge.

Mayson's apparently pretty good a keeping a secret.
The perfect Superman girlfriend. As opposed to blabbermouth Lucy.

Superman may have been between Mayson and the brick wall, but then the wall burst forward with impact and unless she had her arms, legs, and head exactly where he had his, the fragments would have still struck her.
Now it really tricky. Just assumed he had kind of managed to wrap his arms around her. Got a spare Mayson around so we could do a Mythbuster?

By that point, she'll be to big (belly-wise) for B&E, or the curse will have gotten her, or she'll have returned to her own dimension...
laugh You shouldn't let her see the first reason, though...

I explain the line at the bottom of the Post in an Author's Note.
blush blush blush You did, didn't you. Maybe drop a little bit more, like Lois quoting a comparable line (So it's gonna be a just like with Doc Sattler, when she had to tell the guys she's very capable of walking across a raptor infested courtyard?). Will work so much better on the archived version.

George still made 'Star Wars' in Alt-Dimension,
Would be a sad 'verse otherwise, huh? Wonder about the tweaks, though. Maybe Leia grew up on Tatooine, met Mara Jade and her copilot Talon Karrde in Mos Eisly, went to rescue Luke on the Death Star and later met Han Solo and Chewbacca during the Thrawn Crisis?

A good canon Lois meets an evil alt-Lois
No, I was going for Bad Lois meets Bad Mindy. But your idea did give me an idea for the challenge board .

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
No, I was going for Bad Lois meets Bad Mindy. But your idea did give me an idea for the challenge board.
Great minds must think alike, Michael, here's the thread I made in FanFic Related after reading your original FDK (and reading Bobbart's story): Evil Lois . It looks like I'm going to have to wait for someone to write it afterall. wink

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
cool Never noticed that one blush blush blush

Michael

PS: *Must* *Turn* *Evil*
/goes looking for a Palpatine to train me...

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard