Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#79207 05/23/11 06:50 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Yeah, it's an episode rewrite and extension but it really bothers me that Sam Lane isn't smart enough to start connecting the dots in this one. For a brillian scientist, he's not very bright in "Home Is Where The Hurt Is" - Lois doesn't do a good job hiding her emotions, Clark is nowhere to be found, and Clark's parents are grieving Superman's condition well beyond that of concerned friends. So I felt compelled to write this one.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

#79208 05/24/11 09:14 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Very sweet story. I always thought that they should have told her parents. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#79209 05/24/11 09:31 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I almost missed this, and that would have been a shame. Can I suggest changing the message icon before the story to the blue arrow?

I'm with Laura... I thought they should tell Lois's parents, too. I realize her parents were flakey as all get-out, but I felt they would guard the secret, and they deserved to know. *Especially* after this episode, where it was so obvious that Lois and Superman had some sort of special relationship going on. huh

I enjoyed this story very much. Thank you for posting!

Edited to add: I see I missed *another* of your stories. You might want to consider a blue arrow for that one, too. Off to read "Since Clark Kent Came to Town"...

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
#79210 05/24/11 11:46 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Thank you both! I will go and do the blue arrow thing. I'm still kinda feeling out the unspoken rules of the place.

It's really always bugged me that Clark didn't man up and tell Lois' parents - especially in this episode when he was a hairsbreath from death's door.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

#79211 05/24/11 01:41 PM
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
I'm with you, it seems like Sam and Ellen should've said something about Lois and Superman behaving more intimately than just friends.

I like this line where Ellen is trying to figure out what's going on with Clark:

It's not that I dislike Clark. But I'm starting to feel like he's putting our daughter second in his life. He hasn't even called to check in on things."
I love Sam overhearing Lois and Clark's conversation and taking it the wrong way.

I'm glad they shared the secret.

Joan

#79212 05/24/11 02:49 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Thanks Joan. It just always seemed odd to me that Ellen, of all people, never said a word about Clark's mysterious disappearing act in that episode - when she's so clearly cynical about everything in every other episode.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

#79213 05/24/11 05:19 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Well done, and welcome to FoLCdom. One-shot vignettes like this are just my speed, and I hope to see more from you. It's a nice change to have a story from Sam's POV, too.

My only nitpick: Someone owns the mineral rights to wherever Clark found that diamond, so he actually stole it. Loved the St. Luke's medal, though. A very fitting and thoughtful gift. And Clark's defensive reply about meeting the Pope was priceless. I can just imagine his facial expression and tone of voice as he protests, "What was I supposed to say? No thanks?"

thumbsup thumbsup Two thumbs up!

This *is* my happily ever after.
#79214 05/24/11 05:39 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by HappyGirl:
Well done, and welcome to FoLCdom. One-shot vignettes like this are just my speed, and I hope to see more from you. It's a nice change to have a story from Sam's POV, too.

My only nitpick: Someone owns the mineral rights to wherever Clark found that diamond, so he actually stole it. Loved the St. Luke's medal, though. A very fitting and thoughtful gift. And Clark's defensive reply about meeting the Pope was priceless. I can just imagine his facial expression and tone of voice as he protests, "What was I supposed to say? No thanks?"

thumbsup thumbsup Two thumbs up!
Good point. Maybe he was allowed to keep it because he saved lives? :p I actually didn't mean to get sort of religiousy with the end - I just thought that the whole exchange could be very funny. Thanks for the welcome - I really love this place already!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

#79215 05/25/11 09:54 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Ok HappyGirl! I made Clark pay for the diamond. smile You were totally right in your nitpick. smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

#79216 05/26/11 03:04 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Perfect! I was afraid it would interrupt the flow of the story, but you slipped in right in there. And since he bought the diamond uncut, it probably didn't completely break his bank, and he hand-carved it (eye-carved it?) for Lois, which makes it really special.

Off to read your other stories,

Happy

This *is* my happily ever after.
#79217 05/26/11 03:25 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Thanks Happy! And since he bought it direct from the supplier, he didn't have to pay for the mark up in a jewlrey store, saving tons of cash too. smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

#79218 05/27/11 06:03 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I always thought that Clark made his own diamonds by squeezing a lump of coal. laugh

#79219 05/27/11 06:27 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by IolantheAlias:
I always thought that Clark made his own diamonds by squeezing a lump of coal. laugh
I actually thought of using that! But I think that only makes industrial diamonds, which aren't of the same quality. huh Not sure about that though.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard