Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
smile That was my newest one. I have a few others that I will get around to posting. smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Features Writer
Features Writer
I love this story--you really captured the influence that Clark has on those around him, not as Superman, but as Clark Kent.

Jimmy's part very nicely pulled out how much he did grow immediately following Clark's arrival.

Lois's was sweet--I hope she finds the courage soon to tell him how she feels! smile

Perry's was almost bittersweet, but definitely ended on a high note.

And Clark's was perfect in how it paralleled Lois's and touched on how hard it was for him to open up and yet how much he wanted her to know him.

Great start and welcome to the MBs--I'm glad to see you here!

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Thank you very much, AK! It's nice to see you around here (and thanks for leading me here to begin with).

Perry's was the hardest chapter to write. He's kind of hard to capture, what with all of his little sayings and all. And we really only get a few glimpses into his mind in the series, but I love a challenge so I had to write something from his perspective.

Thanks again for commenting and for being around! laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
Great story and welcome to the group! I love the idea that Clark brought Jimmy, Lois and Perry closer together.

This line of Jimmy's cracked me up:

And me? Forget it. She barely knew that I existed unless I was bringing a box of donuts past her desk.
I could really see that.

And this line made me smile:

He's tried to hide it from me, but Clark isn't a very convincing liar.
Love the insight into how Superman feels. People do have higher expectations of him:

Do you know why Superman folds his arms over his chest so often Lois? It's because I'm self conscious in that suit. It's nothing more than a way for me to feel protected. But everyone else looks at that stance and sees it as proof that I am in a position of authority.
Great story!

Joan

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Very sweet from all sides. Nice job! laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by scifiJoan:
Great story and welcome to the group! I love the idea that Clark brought Jimmy, Lois and Perry closer together.

This line of Jimmy's cracked me up:

And me? Forget it. She barely knew that I existed unless I was bringing a box of donuts past her desk.
I could really see that.

And this line made me smile:

He's tried to hide it from me, but Clark isn't a very convincing liar.
Love the insight into how Superman feels. People do have higher expectations of him:

Do you know why Superman folds his arms over his chest so often Lois? It's because I'm self conscious in that suit. It's nothing more than a way for me to feel protected. But everyone else looks at that stance and sees it as proof that I am in a position of authority.
Great story!

Joan
Thanks for the warm welcome! So far, I'm loving this place. Thanks for reading! laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Laurach:
Very sweet from all sides. Nice job! laura
Thank you Laura! Thanks for reading! laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Top Banana
Top Banana
Aww, this was beautiful. I loved it.

To all the lines quoted above, I'll add this one:

Even in the times when I've wanted to run, the times I've come so close to leaving, you've always held me tied to this place with bonds that not even I am strong enough to break.
I really enjoyed reading this, and I'm looking forward to reading more from you. thumbsup

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Thank you Vicki! And BTW - my name is Vicki too! smile

I've got a few more that I will post soon.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Top Banana
Top Banana
Very well written, and great insight into all of the characters.

Not a criticism, really--more of an aside. smile :

I must put in a good word for the Jimmy/Lois relationship pre-Clark. If you go back and watch the pilot, I think you'll notice a low-key affection between Lois and Jimmy, sort of a kid-brother/big-sister vibe. It's clear that they have some kind of working relationship in the opening scene where Lois is coming back from breaking the stolen car ring and in the scene where Jimmy and Lois are breaking into EPRAD. We don't see as much of that closeness after Clark arrives-it seems that Clark becomes Lois's peer and Jimmy is still in the kid brother role, only now to both Lois and Clark.

Anyway, I loved the detail and the way the four POVs meshed together seamlessly. And I really wanted to nudge Lois and Clark a little as they were kissing goodnight oh so chastely. wink

This *is* my happily ever after.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hmmm...good point. I think I've rushed too much in my recent reviewing of the show - I've actually had days where I've watched 6 episodes so everything is a little mish-mashed in my head. I guess I just wanted to illustrate how different Lois' relationship with Jimmy is (and his with her) pre-Clark and post-Clark.

LOL! Keep this up and I might make you my beta-reader. wink

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
I know this story is years old, but I loved it. Very interesting insights into the characters and their developments that really adds something to the show's story, and it's very well-written. All the stuff about Jimmy and Perry was very creative and insightful.

I'm a little surprised that Clark would show such antagonistic and negative feelings toward Superman, and at first I thought that was going to be a big problem for me, but as I read more I understand you were trying to capture justified angst over his double life and Lois' feelings about him. Even though it's still odd to me in some ways, I still appreciate the depth that it brings to the character and I do understand his emotional conflict. I definitely prefer for this character to have some inner conflict.

Overall it was just really excellent, thanks for writing smile

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by TaliaJoy
I know this story is years old, but I loved it. Very interesting insights into the characters and their developments that really adds something to the show's story, and it's very well-written. All the stuff about Jimmy and Perry was very creative and insightful.

I'm a little surprised that Clark would show such antagonistic and negative feelings toward Superman, and at first I thought that was going to be a big problem for me, but as I read more I understand you were trying to capture justified angst over his double life and Lois' feelings about him. Even though it's still odd to me in some ways, I still appreciate the depth that it brings to the character and I do understand his emotional conflict. I definitely prefer for this character to have some inner conflict.

Overall it was just really excellent, thanks for writing smile

Hi, Talia! Wow, it's nice to get feedback on an older story! I haven't much thought about this one in a while. smile

Glad you enjoyed it!

I think the early Clark definitely had his moments where creating Superman seemed like a bad idea, especially during when Luthor was conducting all those "tests" to gauge Superman's powers. Not to mention how Lois drooled over the hero while ignoring the man. Glad to see you got where I was going with it!

Thanks for the feedback! It made me smile today. smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard