Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
I'm sorry this one was late--last week got busy and I didn't get to it until Saturday. sad

I've been working on it nonstop for several hours now, so I hope it still makes sense!

Hope you enjoy and please comment!

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I don't think any of us tire of reading these type of stories, AntiKryptonite, otherwise why would we keep checking the MB hour on end? goofy

Clark is a man of few words--and when I say few, I mean *few*. But, really, he doesn't have to say much.
Could it just be, because he can't get a word in edgewise, Lois?

Things like 'Stay here tonight?'
Did Clark say that to Lois?

The whole section about when Lois though Clark had died... Heartmoving.

Enjoyed your story.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
The latest in the five sense department does not disappoint.

This was touching:

Walking down the aisle toward a man who said a thousand words that came cheaply and had little value...all I could hear was everything Clark had ever said to me.
I love her reflections upon when she'd thought Clark was dead.

And, ironically, all I could hear--at my apartment, at the Daily Planet, in the streets, facing death at the hands of an outdated mobster--all I could hear were all the things he had been telling me and all the times I had purposely refused to listen.
How beautiful that Lois realizes that Clark loves her by his actions.

Even though he hadn't said it again since I had rejected him, I heard it clear as day, those three words that he couldn't hide, that he never tried to take back, that he never denied.
It's so sweet that Lois realizes why Clark took so long to share his secret with her.

I recognized the fact that this secret had swallowed up his entire life, that it sat over every one of his days like a shadow, that it factored into every decision he made, every move he took...every word he uttered. That it blanketed the things he wanted to say, muted the secrets he wanted to tell, drowned out the confidences he wanted to share.

Top Banana
Top Banana
Beautiful, as always! I was certain that you'd take the sense of hearing from Clark's POV, so using Lois was sheer brilliance! clap You are a very poetic writer--and I second ViriginaR in that we never will get tired of reading these kind of stories! smile

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
As always, my friend, lovely writing. I love the progression of Lois' thoughts and feelings, and the fact that she's willing and able to recognize and admit how she's changed. That's one of the things that I love about the show - watching all of the characters grow and change. It's one of the things that really sets LnC apart from other Superman movies and stories (well, the ones I've seen anyway - and I never did get into Smallville). It's especially gratifying to see the changes in Lois, as well as Clark's acceptance of both halves of his life.

I look forward to your next story with baited breath.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Beautiful! Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Top Banana
Top Banana
Very nice.

You were very effective in creating a feeling of looking out of Lois's eyes. I guess I should say hearing through Lois's ears. smile

Bob

D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
That was beautiful!!!! And I wouldn't tire of these stories either!

Looking forward to the next one smile1

smile

Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
VirginiaR, I had to laugh at your comment about getting a word in edge-wise—very true in some instances, such as in the car while talking about the invisible man in ‘I’m Looking Through You’—he was about to say something when she asked if he had a secret! laugh And Clark did say ‘Stay here tonight,’ finishing her plea for her when she came over to his place near the end of ‘The Witness.’

I’m so glad it didn’t disappoint, scifiJoan! Sometimes, I think you read my mind—you almost always pull some of my own favorite lines!

I was hoping that using the sense of hearing for Clark would be a slight surprise, Mozartmaid—so glad it was a good one!

Deadly Chakram, watching Lois grow—and Clark as well, though his is, perhaps, a subtler journey—is one of the reasons I love the story so much (though I think I say that about almost everything smile ). Thanks for the compliment!

And thanks, Laurach, bobbart, and DW—seeing feedback always makes me that much more excited about whatever I’m writing next!

Thanks for all the wonderful comments!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard