Print Thread
#79021 05/15/11 11:39 AM
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
Hello all,

I have been bothered by the fact that no one ever seemed to notice the change in Jimmy's appearance between the first two seasons. (There wasn't even a tongue-in-cheek acknowledgement of the cast change -- something along the lines of, "Jimmy, you look great! Did you get a new hair cut?") So, in the tradition of fanfic writers everywhere, I took it upon myself to try to remedy the situation with a story of my own.

Incidentally, in my own mind, the story is entitled "A Tale of Two Jimmies," but that title would have given too much away.

As always, all feedback welcomed.

Joy,
Lynn

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Interesting twist Lynn. Nice job, I enjoyed this little story very much. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
That was really clever! smile1 I love how the criminal master mind was named Justin. Clever use of Jimmy's egg allergy.

Joan

Merriwether
Merriwether
Hahaha, Lynn, very cute. You've come up with a very clever way to explain Jimmy's change of appearance on the show. Definitely out of the box thinking!

I don't think you should be concerned about why it wasn't mentioned on the show, though. Think of it this way -- from the characters' perspective, nothing changed. The actor changed; the character didn't. smile It's only the fans who can "see it". (And write cute fanfic about it.)

Kathy

Kerth
Kerth
Brilliant! thumbsup

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
Top Banana
Top Banana
Ha, that was really clever, Lynn! Nice way to explain 'the tale of two Jimmies.' thumbsup Nicely done! clap

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
Features Writer
Features Writer
Very funny--it took me a while to see where you were going with this, but once I did, I had to laugh out loud.

I, too, have always liked the first Jimmy better, but the second one grew on me, and I thought this was a fun way of reconciling the two.

L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
My thanks to all who left feedback. smile

Laura, I'm glad you liked it.

Joan, thanks for mentioning Justin's name. I had been nervous that it might have been a bit too big of a giveaway, but I just couldn't resist.

Kathy, an interesting explanation. The other possibility is that all of Metropolis is just plain face blind. After all, no one figured out that Clark is Superman. (Well, except for Lois -- and she figured it out by touch, not by sight.)

Sue, I had liked the original Jimmy well enough, I guess. (His character hadn't made a huge impression on me either way). When I first saw the start of season two, I did find the change jolting. Now I prefer Justin's Jimmy.

MozartMaid, thanks. Usually the germ of a story for me is seeing the climactic scene, and I then develop the rest of a story around it. But this time around, the germ was precisely the question of how to explain the inexplicable.

AntiK, terrific! I always struggle in my stories with how much I should reveal how early. I'm glad that the story didn't broadcast its own ending too soon.

Joy,
Lynn

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
LOL! I love this explanation of why Jimmy looks different after the first season. laugh
Nice one. smile

~•~
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Haha, very clever and amusing story! I loved it!

The name Justin did clue me in a bit regarding who it was, but I could have never foreseen the rest of the story! Very good job!

Also, loved how you incorporated Jimmy's allergies and yearning for eggs. wink Poor kid! It's so good he can eat eggs now! smile1

All in all, great job! Keep up the good work!

Take care! wave

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
Thank you, Mary. I'm glad you enjoyed the story. smile

Anna, it's nice that something positive could come out of my son's egg allergy. Now, if only he could be cured of it -- in a less drastic fashion, of course!

Joy,
Lynn

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Ooh, that was quite an expected not-so-little story. I did start to worry about the Zelig stone when the animals showed up. But the death-by-karma was brilliantly clever set up. Never saw it coming, just wondered why you'd put it in there, expect to add depth. notworthy

Of course, now you've got to explain 'Target, Jimmy Olsen', too. After all, he's in a brand new body, one that wasn't prepped by the government to be an assassin.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
Oh, right. T:JO. Yeah. Um. Would you believe that that eminently forgettable (at least to me) episode happened in an alternate universe? blush

Joy,
Lynn

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard