Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Missing Lois - TOC

A taste of Part 6:
“Everyone who, Mayson? We’re on top of a building.” He held his hand on her back and deepened the kiss. Her knees failed her and she wrapped her arms around his neck, kissing him back.

“Forgive me,” he whispered a minute later as he let her go. “I was worried about you.”

“Me?” She coughed, stumbling over to a vent to sit down. “I’m fine.”

“I just wanted to let you know how important you are to me. That I care.”

“Clark, we’ve had two dates.”

“Three.”

“One whole and two half dates,” she corrected him.

“I don’t date much,” he said crouching next to her. “You mean a lot to me and I worry.”

Her brow furrowed. “That’s the second time you’ve said you worry, Clark. What haven’t you told me?”
I would like to start out by thanking Lynn for volunteering to help me out by BRing the rest of Chapter 2 and 3. Thank you, Lynn! You're the best! She's the reason Part 5 looks more grammatically correct and coherent and a lot less confusing. clap

I hope you enjoy this section of the story. I'll try to post again Thursday and then sometime this weekend, but no promises... I have a houseguest coming.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 12/04/14 02:30 AM. Reason: Fixed broken Links

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
B
Blogger
Blogger
B
I'm really enjoying this story, because the plotline is so original. I must say, though, that I am finding even an alternate Clark with Mason kind of ICKY. Where is this world's Lois?

And please get our Lois safely out of there, and back home with Clark, soon.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
"Did I ever tell you that after I found a shipment of guns that were supposed to be destroyed by the UN were actually being shipped elsewhere, I tried to crawl into a crate to find out where they were going. But I got caught and deported back to Metropolis. But that’s another story."
I have a horrible thought that alt-Lois was captured, and has been held prisoner by Lex Luthor for all these years.

S
Merriwether
Online Content
Merriwether
S
Love the tie in to Lois being electrocuted.

You had some fine lines such as:

Oh, gee, her beeper rang and she had to run off without notice, with a lame excuse or without explanation at all? I wonder what that’s like?”
And
That maybe you and Lucy had taken in the revival of My Fair Lady with Arnold Schwarzenegger and Michelle Kwan.”
What an image!

Love the idea of pregnancy giving Lois some super powers.

Joan

Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
So was that Alt Lois calling about the hurricane? Can't wait to find out. I also agree any Clark with Mayson is icky. Haha.

I heart Clark Kent.
rkn Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Lois and Clark are soul mates but that doesn't mean they have the same names/identities in every time in every dimension. Maybe dead Lois is dead Mayson and live Mayson is actually alt Lois. That would fit in with Mayson being a detective.

thanks!

rkn
Top Banana
Top Banana
Did I ever tell you that after I found a shipment of guns that were supposed to be destroyed by the UN were actually being shipped elsewhere, I tried to crawl into a crate to find out where they were going. But I got caught and deported back to Metropolis. But that’s another story.
At first, I thought this was really funny--but then I got to thinking... what if Alt-Lois did the same thing and didn't get caught?

That maybe you and Lucy had taken in the revival of My Fair Lady with Arnold Schwarzenegger and Michelle Kwan.”...They both sang and danced beautifully. And there was even a melodic British accent emerging from Arnold’s mouth. She felt like she had stepped into The Twilight Zone.
rotflol Oh, alt-verses, alt-verses... so funny!

Hmm... and how far will things go with Alt-Clark and Mayson?

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Thank you for all the great comments. Yes, alt-Lois will show up at some point as already mentioned in my descriptive blurb. Mayson is just a temporary diversion. How far will alt-Clark and Mayson's relationship progress? Sorry, I cannot reveal that. laugh Falls in the realm of spoilage.

Another note, I was recently told by one of my Beta Readers that canon Lois and Clark's wedding was in October 1996. Well, I completely missed the date while doing my research. In my story, their Wedding Destroyed wedding (and the one on the hill) isn't October but in July 1996. love I couldn't imagine them waiting all the way until October to consumate... <<cough, cough>> get married after everything else they went through, especially if canon Clark left for NK in May 1996 and returned 6 weeks later (roughly end of June). I believe their original clone-interrupted marriage was set in Febuary 1996. (I don't know when it was originally set in canon, but that's where I set the ARGH arc in my story). I hope this clarifies some discrepancies between canon and my story.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Yes, alt-Lois will show up at some point as already mentioned in my descriptive blurb.
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Michael:
I completely forgot about it. I just always kind of assumed...
blush laugh clap

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Another interesting guess. Possibly. But it could only happen if canon Lois wasn't in the dimension, because I think she'd kill him for doing that to her time-twin.
Yes. She still needs to first deleiver the baby, then break into S.T.A.R labs, crack the kryptonite safe, and then fed-ex the kryptonite to Clark. umm... Am I overthinking this?

Nope. This is a K-free chapter.
/focuses on 'chapter' and squints eyes/ wink

He does have all this pent up energy.
Oh dear. Mayson is going to walk *funny*!

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Yes. She still needs to first deleiver the baby, then break into S.T.A.R labs, crack the kryptonite safe, and then fed-ex the kryptonite to Clark. umm... Am I overthinking this?
Yes.

/focuses on 'chapter' and squints eyes/ wink
laugh

Oh dear. Mayson is going to walk *funny*!
Oh, Please! Mayson's probably BEGGING to walk funny... if she's anything like canon Mayson. wink

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
rotflol

Michael

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard