Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Missing Lois - TOC

A taste of Part 4:
“Anything to find your sister? Like run around in tights? Like marry that blonde woman? Like expose you to that Tempus fellow? I don’t see how we are any closer to finding Lois now, then we were two years ago, when he promised never to give up searching for her.”

Lois nicked her thumb with the knife. “Clark promised you what? When?”

Sam glanced over at Lois. “You cut your thumb, Sweetie.”

She glanced down at her thumb and stuck in her mouth. “It’s nothing, Daddy. What were you saying about Clark?”

He frowned at her. “Where’s your first aid kit?”

Back in her dimension, she had one in every room in her apartment. Human jinx. But here? “Try the bathroom.”

Sam returned a minute later with a bandage. He led her to the kitchen sink and washed her thumb, dried it, and covered it with the band-aid. He then kissed her on the forehead. “There, all better.”

Lois wrapped her arms around him and hugged him. “I missed you, Daddy.”

“And I missed you, pumpkin.”

She sat back down at the bar and finished preparing her breakfast.

“I spoke to Mike, yesterday, after you went back to work.”

Lois froze. She had forgotten about Uncle Mike. “You didn’t tell him about me, did you? The less people who know, the better.”

“Then why did you come looking for me?” Sam asked, digging into his yogurt.

“When Clark told me that you were at the shelter, I couldn’t leave you there.”

He sneered. “That man.”

“Ok, Daddy. Enough.” Lois put down her spoon and faced Sam. “Clark is good, decent and hard working, and he also happens to be the most caring person in Metropolis. What exactly do you have against him?”

“He’s a liar.”

Lois laughed. “Not Clark.”
KEY:
Lois = aka Lucy El, Lucy Lane
Clark = other Clark
Kal (Kal El) = Lois's Clark, father of her baby
Exceptions: when Lois writes in her diary, she calls her Clark, Clark and the Alternate Clark, Kal.

Please, let me know if I'm confusing any of you with Lois and her aliases and/or discussion of the other Lois or Lois's Clark. As we get farther along in the story, it might get even more confusing with all the Clarks and Loises about. I don't want to lose any readers because of this, so if you get lost, please let me know.

Still on the look out for Beta Readers, so if you're interested, please let me know.

Will post again Sunday night or Monday morning.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 12/04/14 02:23 AM. Reason: Fixed broken Links

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
It is all a bit confusing to me but I am still liking it. More soon. I am sure all the confusion will heal itself. I just hope this Clark finds his Lois.

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
Poor Alt-Clark! You'd think the Daily Planet would realize using one reporter instead of two for Superman stories would be more cost effective. Though I can see it happening. It's interesting that although Alt-Clark is Superman and the Alt-World knows it, he doesn't seem to have as much power. I'm sure his parents along with missing Lois' belief, encouraged our Superman.

I'm curious why Lois' father doesn't trust Alt-Clark. And this may be premature, but, the Lois in the current time line doesn't know about the pregnancy. But that Clark does know that they slept together. Guess we'll get more answers as we go along.

Joan

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I did get a little confused about who "Kal" was but it became clear as time went by. When you submit this to the Archive it might be a good idea to make that a little more explicit.

I'm enjoying this fic very much. Now it seems as if alt-Clark has a complicated backstory with Sam! And Lois has annoyed alt-Clark and she needs his help. What's going on between alt-Clark and Sam?

More soon, please!

Top Banana
Top Banana
I'm FINALLY catching up on your story! blush So sad I've missed it up till now! Thanks for including the synopsis with the TOC, it's most helpful!

So is Lois getting Clark's powers as a byproduct of carrying his child?! eek That's a great twist!

...had been quickly been depleted by books, bananas and yogurt, and secret identity costume items.
laugh

I don’t see how we are any closer to finding Lois now, then we were two years ago, when he promised never to give up searching for her.”

I hope the lost Lois of this alt-verse is found... Clark (in every carnation) needs his Lois!

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Clark sighed. That woman could lie on a dime.
Enamored sigh or giving-up sigh?

Lie, Lois, lie. He guided her with his mind. And then he realized that, if she did lie, she would say they were involved.
hyper Will Lois also become gravitationally challenged? Will they stick? Will it be different from the first time? How long until Lois will notice something? Will she need them to save Clark? And did B39 use Kryptonite on a superpowered pregnant Lois to subdue the monster?

As Lois passed Clark’s desk, she whispered, “Stop it. I don’t need you listening in on all of my conversations. You’re acting like a stalker ex-boyfriend and it’s creepy.”
/squints eyes/ Does he share notes with another Clark?

“Sorry.” Clark grabbed his notebook and followed her into the conference room. “How did you hear him say, ‘with Clark’?”

Lois rolled her eyes. “He was standing right next to me.”
laugh Yeah. Right.

“Right.” He tapped his pen to his notepad.
I think he accepted that. Hmm... I don't.

Ralph waved him off. After Clark left, he pointed to another reporter, “Barry, go cover the robbery.” Barry grabbed his stuff and rushed off after Clark.
He does realize that it's really inefficient, doesn't he? ... Oh, right. Ralph. Duh!

“Clark and I have a source about some employees or former employees at S.T.A.R. Labs doing some dangerous and illegal experiments on the side. Clark said he wanted to go to S.T.A.R. Labs to confirm the story with Dr. Klein.”
One stone. One Ralph. One superstubborn alien.

Nobody would ever try to steal the Daily Planet from James Olsen with Superman’s alias on the payroll
confused Nobody's trying to...

He glanced up at her with love, not desire or longing, love. No, it couldn’t be love, it must be appreciation.
Yeah. And the chocolate wrappers sans contents do not indicate that Lois has been there.

“Take me out for coffee.”

He raised a curious eyebrow at this request. “You shouldn’t be drinking coffee.”

Lois shifted her weight, crossed her arms, and stared at him. Clueless. “Then take me out for a fruit smoothie.”
laugh And probably a good idea. Can you imagine a superpowered baby that's not only gotten Lois's hyper-activity genes but also got caffeine-stimmed while still baking the oven? The little one will be flying before he/she's walking.

“Did you eat breakfast?”

“No…”

“You can’t be skipping breakfast, anymore, Lucy,” he said as they walked to the elevator. “Your blood sugar will get too low and you’ll pass out.”
Also, she will clean-out a deli if she passes up too many lunches.

“If I promise to eat three squares a day, will you promise to lay off?”
Squares?

“Kal will thank me, even if you don’t,” he said as the elevator doors shut.

“Now, it’s two against one, is it?”
Lois, Clark, and Superman. I'd bet she never imagined the menage-a-trio like that.

“Mmmmm,” Lois moaned. “That’s good.” Her drink was gone within a minute.

Clark just stared at her and handed over his cup.
laugh

Was she a magnet for crazies?
Yes?

The Prankster and her old Irish friend, Patrick Sullivan.
This should be interesting...

“Hey, you want to grab… Wait, when’s your doctor’s appointment?”

Lois shifted her gaze to gathering her notes, so she wouldn’t have to look him in the eye as she lied. “One o’clock.”
/squints eyes/ Dr. Sam Lane?

He needed a hobby. Something to distract him from following after her like a puppy. “What you need, Clark Kent, is a girlfriend.”
laugh But this universe is fresh out of Loises...

“I bet women are throwing themselves off bridges to get a date with a charming, handsome guy like you.”
It's the sure-fire way?

“There is only one person I’m interested in, Lucy, and she’s unavailable,” he murmured, looking away.
Dead?

“I know, Clark. I feel it too. Another reason you need a distraction.”
Poor Lois. And laugh

He found Dr. Klein in his lab mixing up some turquoise blue liquid in beakers.
Some kind of drink? A new gatorade?

The doctor chuckled. “Decongestant.”
laugh

“I don’t like it when you’re mad at me.”
laugh

“No, you’re not, Lois,” he murmured under his breath. “Not sorry, one bit.”

She gasped and he glanced up. Lois was staring right at him, her eyes wide with shock. It was a strange expression for her to have on her face. It looked almost like she had heard him. He shook away that feeling. There was no way she could have heard him. She was at least six desks away and the bullpen was loud and noisy as usual
Ding! Ding! Ding!

Concubines, really! Clark, what am I going to do with you?
laugh

Well, at least, we are together. Even if I’m on a leash, Lord Kal-El.
She sounds happily exasperated!

Now, I’m hearing things. I could have sworn I heard Kal muttering across the noisy bullpen yesterday afternoon. Am I going crazy?
Now, who do we know with superpowers who recently knocked you up?

I’ve decide to get him a girlfriend. Any recommendations? Don’t answer that! I don’t want to know.
Alt-Lois?

Ugh. Three year old coffee.
Oh boy.

“I don’t like this, Lucy. That man in untrustworthy. You shouldn’t let him into this apartment at all.”
Oh boy!

I don’t see how we are any closer to finding Lois now, then we were two years ago, when he promised never to give up searching for her.”

OH BOY! And he hasn't given up. He's just laying low...

Please, let me know if I'm confusing any of you with Lois and her aliases and/or discussion of the other Lois or Lois's Clark.
Nope, it's fine. It just keeps you on your toes laugh

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Laurach & IolantheAlias: Sorry about any confusion. Hence the new character key. laugh

Joan: The two reporters aren't about money, it's about letting writing 'unbiased' stories about oneself.

MozartMaid:
I'm FINALLY catching up on your story! So sad I've missed it up till now! Thanks for including the synopsis with the TOC, it's most helpful!
Glad to know the Synopses have been helpful. clap Credit goes to IolantheAlias for the idea. laugh

Also, she will clean-out a deli if she passes up too many lunches.
At the moment, a deli will activate the hurl reflex.

Squares?
Slang: for square (full) meals, comprised of the four food groups: Milk, Meat, Breads, and Fruit/Veggies.

Lois, Clark, and Superman. I'd bet she never imagined the menage-a-trio like that.
No? Me thinking she did. Admitted to another soul, no. Cross her mind. Absolutely.

She sounds happily exasperated!
Guaranteed canon Clark dreams = happy. That they are dreams she cannot control = exasperating.

Now, who do we know with superpowers who recently knocked you up?
Still learning the consequences of unprotected sex.

Nope, it's fine. It just keeps you on your toes
Glad to hear it. Do we need to get you a pair of point shoes? laugh

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wow! At this pace you might catch up before I post the Epilogue! Impressive.
blush blush I actually did a calculation. I figure about 10 parts of ML per week. You're going to be posting for another 24 parts, 3.5 parts per week, so about 7 weeks? that means I'll finish about two weeks after you're done. Also, this means right around Christmas! goofy
First time?
]First time with powers. AKA UW.

Plus hard to communicate cross-dimensionally.
Actually... Lois has it already figured out, one way, at least.

Slang: for square (full) meals, comprised of the four food groups: Milk, Meat, Breads, and Fruit/Veggies.
Aaaaahhh... So, for Lois, brownies, fudge, plain chocolate, and chocolate ice cream.

No? Me thinking she did. Admitted to another soul, no. Cross her mind. Absolutely.
blush blush That works. I was just thinking Clark and Kal-El teaming up on her. ... Oh boy... Poor Lois... sitting there in a corner while Clark and Kal-El are busy...

Still learning the consequences of unprotected sex.
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard