Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Missing Lois - TOC

A taste of Part 3:
Jaxon ambushed her as soon as she sat down at her desk. “What was that about?”

Clark kept an ear on their conversation.

“He accused me of cheating at cards.”

Clark sighed. That woman could lie on a dime.

“You two spend a lot of time together,” Jax continued. “At work and off. Is there something going on there?”

Lie, Lois, lie. He guided her with his mind. And then he realized that, if she did lie, she would say they were involved. He glanced over at her and found her staring at him.

“Jaxon,” she said, turning her back on Clark and lowering her voice. “Jaxon. Jaxon.” She shook her head. “Do you think I would ever speak about my friend Clark here at the office? Especially when he’s standing less than thirty feet away.”

Jaxon gulped. “Oh, right.”

Clark grinned. Super hearing, score one.
I hope you enjoyed part 2. I will try to post Part 3 this weekend. If not, Happy Mother's Day to all the Moms out there.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 12/04/14 02:19 AM. Reason: Fixed broken Links

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
It's interesting to see the similarities and differences between our Metropolisis and this alt-world. I'm wondering if Lex is as powerful here. And I'm curious what Jaxon is up to.

Top Banana
Top Banana
Finally getting a chance to catch up on some reading!
I love the pace of your dialogue--I can easily hear the character's voices!
Great poetic justice that Lois is naturally an excellent cook in the alt-verse. lol Nice touch! wink

I actually saw what I could only describe as fear in Kal’s eyes when I suggested he come with me to talk to Sam. I wonder if it has to do with…
Hmm... wonder where this is going?

"Don’t do anything rash.”

She grinned at him with an innocent expression he didn’t believe. “Who? Me?”
Classic laugh

Will try and catch up to the rest of the parts this weekend! Enjoying the story!

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
“Lois?”

She made a noise that sounded like an “Eeeppp” and made a swift shake no with her head.
*GGG*

“Actually, gentlemen, Clark and I were just on our way to find you. Do you think we could go somewhere private to discuss this over lunch?”
Is she going to tell them?

“Let’s go to my penthouse. We can order up something,” Mr. Olsen suggested, leading the way.
/cocks eyebrow

When they arrived to Mr. Olsen’s apartment, which was the entire top floor of Lois Lane’s former apartment building, Clark was still in the dark on her plan.
Huh...

“Quite forward of you, Ms. Lane. I have what I need. I tried the party lifestyle at first. It didn’t suit me.”
Did the kevlar vest, cowl, and cape not fit?

“You still like pastrami, don’t you, Lois?”

Clark watched as the thought of pastrami turned Lois’s weak stomach.
razz
Day 5

Dear Clark;
Those letters are a really nice touch! And a clever stylistic element wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Michael: Thanks for the corrections. I missed them again on my most recent read-through. <<enter plug for Beta Readers, here... Thanks again to Lynn who volunteered first!>> huh

Unless he's a college-drop-out overweight attendant at the gas station in Goondockville, Middle of Nowhere, picking his nose while nursing a beer and riffling through the latest batch of nudie mags.
Is that in the Smokey Mountains? wink laugh

Yeah. Like the photo of Lex ax-murdering President Doe.
When did Lex show up in S4? Missed that one.

/imagines Lois as the hard-core steak eater/
No, she's just addicted to that new tofu-meat called Pastrami.

Is he talking bums or rats?
Neither desirable bedfellows.

I think I heard that one before, too. Not that I mind. It's just so much fun, matching up alt-verse stories. After all, there are only so many options with the classics that you can do
Another reason I didn't read FanFic while writing my story. I didn't want to be influenced/discouraged by others.

Lex didn't like Clark. I think he was amused by him, though. Like a visitor at the zoo is amused by a monkey throwing his feces at the glass.
But did Lois know this.

Umm... did you mix your personas there. She's writing letters to Clark. Why would she address him as 'C.K.' and in third person, to boot?
I figured while writing in her letters, she'd start writing more and more in abv. "CK undercover" was a reference to what the secret identity was up to while the real person was in NK, which was why she used 3rd person.

Yeah, but no killing with glowy rocks for another seven-and-a-half months, either.
Not recommended, no.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
<<enter plug for Beta Readers, here... Thanks again to Lynn who volunteered first!>>
Huh, I thought you already have it BR'd? /mutters about being too much behind to be of any help goofy

Right, undercover Lois is going to give up the goods already... Not.
/shrugs, hopefully adorably

Isn't that Bruce Waynes get-up? Sorry, Jimmy... I mean, James Olsen isn't Batman. Although, he could be. Hmmmm.
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Columnist
Columnist
I've been wanting to read this for ages! I started, then stopped because I was intimidated by its length, but now I can't stop!!!

“I just realized I’ve been spelling stubborn wrong all this time. It is spelled Y-O-U.” Clark threw up his hands.
I actually laughed out loud to this.

“Be nice to me, Clark Kent,” she mumbled under her breath as they walked down the street. “I know how to kill you.”
Muahahahhaahaha! I've used a similar threat on an ex. lol

.talk nerdy to me.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Mrs. Luthor: Glad to have you on board. Thanks for the comments.

VirginiaR.
---

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard