Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Missing Lois - TOC

A taste of Chapter 2, Part 2:
The elevator doors opened and there waiting to enter were the two men Clark least wanted to see, Mayor White and Mr. Olsen.

Lois paled. Clark, who still had hold of her elbow, led her out as she casually covered her face.

“Chief. Mr. Olsen.” Clark nodded as they passed.

“Clark! Just the man we wanted to see. Take lunch with us.”

“Thank you, Chief. Mr. Olsen, but I’ve already have…”

Lois glanced up at their former boss at that moment and Perry noticed her. “Oh, sorry, Clark.” He grinned, tipping his imaginary cap. “Miss.” His eyes widened as his voice dropped. “Lois?”
Hope you enjoyed part 1 of Chapter 2. I'll post part 2 on Thursday.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 12/03/14 09:27 PM. Reason: Fixed broken Links

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
So far so good. It is interesting and I have no idea what will happen next. I am looking forward to more soon. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow! This fic has plenty of meat on its bones. Lots of stuff happening here!

Poor tortured alt-Clark! He feels the emanation of the soulmate bond but it's not with him. I can see him becoming bitter as time goes by. What happened to his Lois? I certainly hope that he finds her.

What's up with Jaxon? Is he Lex Luthor's son in this alt-world too? Does that make a difference? He already seems to be a suck-up to Clark/Superman, so I'm rather negative on him already.

Will Perry blow Lois's cover?

So many questions! I can't wait for more!

Top Banana
Top Banana
Time travel loops :rolleyes: tricky to write, but you're handling it well. I like how Lois knows what is being changed in the past-- good continuity and that makes sense. Otherwise, the past Lois is an 'other' Lois. But I also liked this little exchange:

Like that kiss above the clouds. Her eyes snapped open and she looked at the other Clark. “Just make sure it doesn’t happen again.”

“Yes, ma'am.”
thumbsup Well done!

The mention of red K gave me an interesting thought: If Lois were to have pregnancy complications, could Clark transfer his powers to her temporarily to help her get through it and birth the child?

Always sad to see Alt-Clark longing for a Lois he can never have frown I hope you find a way in this story to give him his Lois!

LOL on the code name for Lois -- for some reason I was thinking Lucy, too. smile

Excellent chapter! clap Sorry if my comments seem disjointed... I was writing as I was reading. laugh
Looking forward to seeing where you take this!

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
This time travel stuff is fun - but it can get confusing smile . Love Lois posing as Alt-Clark's sister-in-law. You've got me wondering what's going on with her father.

Ralph as editor? You're having too much fun with this!

Joan

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
If she
says 'we need to wait' what she's really saying is 'I don't trust you to
know your own heart'.
rotflol

Me, who has ‘Help, Superman’ as my ringtone
rotflol

(I think I'm going to get dizzy from all the rolling I am doing.)

“I’m glad you’re here, Lois. It’s nice not to be alone in this anymore.”

“I’m sorry you’ve felt alone, Clark. Soon, you’re going to miss that feeling very much.” She grinned.
From poignant to humourous in no time flat.

I could call him by your Kryptonian name, Kal-El
There's always 'Jerome' or 'C.K.'.

It clarified why he was in love with a woman he had never met and never would meet
I hope, and rather suspect, that by the end of 'Missing Lois' Clark's assumption will be proven incorrect.

Jaxon, who Mr. Olsen had hired to revamp the website
Uh oh... I wonder how much like 'our' Jaxon this one is?

“Ralph?!” Lois scanned the bullpen and caught sight of Ralph -- sexist, Neanderthal, moron of a reporter Ralph -- sitting behind Perry’s old desk.

“Yes, he’s our new interim editor.”
I see my last 'Uh oh' and I raise me a 'Yipes'! *Ralph*?!? I sure hope this dimension's Ralph is more competent and has better people skills than our dimension's one. (He couldn't be much worse.)

“Did a plague hit all the news reporters in this dimension, so that he was the best they could find to replace Perry?” she whispered under her breath.
lol

“Perry is irreplaceable.”
So true.

Lucy El.
Good alias...

Like Lucy Lane, Lois Lane’s little sister?
... Or maybe not.

“At lunch, Clark. I’ll tell you at lunch.”
You know how to leave us wanting more!

Joy,
Lynn

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I'm glad my dialogue has some of you rolling on the ground with laughter. I never know what I find funny will be funny to others or if the humor comes through, when written.

Lynn, I know it's commonly stated around the message boards that Clark's middle name is Jerome, but that's actually Perry's middle name (see Season 4: The People vs. Lois Lane ).

I don't think L&C ever stated what Clark's middle name was (not even in the Season 4 Wedding Destroyer / real wedding episode). In the comics, I read somewhere that his middle name is Joseph. If I am wrong, please let me know where L&C states Clark's middle name... Personally, I think it would be weird for 2 characters in the show to have the same middle name, but that's just me.

CK? Gee, I never thought of Lois calling him that. (See me hitting my forehead! Duh!)

Will post part 2 tomorrow. Thanks for all the comments.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wasn't there some episode where Martha triple-names Clark?

"Clark Jerome Kent! I ought to tan your hide!"

Maybe it was the Space Rats episode where he fired his heat vision at Lois's shoe to make her trip and Martha was appalled that he would use his powers that way.

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Virginia, your humour definitely comes through! I know what you mean, though, about wondering whether what tickle's your funny bone will also be amusing to your readers.

Thank you for your post, Iolanthe! I knew that 'Jerome' was canon, but I don't know whether I would have been able to come up with the appropriate episode without going home and doing a search on Jerome. (I've downloaded all of the scripts into a folder on my home computer. I find that Windows search facility lets me answer a *lot* of questions via those scripts.)

Iolanthe was correct. According to the Season's Greeding's script, Martha says, "Clark Jerome Kent! You get right over here, now!"

I wonder whether 'Jerome' is an indirect tip-of-the-hat to the original creators of Superman -- Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster -- both of whom have first names starting with 'J'?

Joy,
Lynn

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Ok. I had forgotten about that episode ( Season's Greedings is not one of my favorites, so I haven't watched it in a while). Good to know. Well, that question answered.

Thanks, again, Lynn & IolantheAlias.

VirginiaR.
---
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Clark was there. Her Superman. She sighed. He had saved her from Lex and the clone. She closed her eyes to see if she could feel Clark’s lips pressed against hers again. This dream was so fresh, so clear.
Now look at that...

Clark continued to stare at her, not speaking, and then he looked down. Her heart sank.

“It was real. It wasn’t a dream at all, was it?”
laugh

And I remember!” She hugged him and then jumped up and did a little dance. “Do you know what this means?”
Awwwwww

“I remember! I have the other me’s memories. Whatever happens in my dimension, I’ll know about. I’m not out of the loop. Woo-hoo!” She danced around some more.
Awwwwww... /Expects Lois to order Clark to remodel his shower-only bathroom into one a little more accommodating to a single Lois getting a live-feed from her post-nuptial younger self.

Lois thought this whole switch was going to feel like the clone incident, again. She hated Clark having a life with a Lois and her not knowing what was going on. This was going to be better than surveillance. And if these pesky feelings about Clark returning early came true, she’d have memories of that as well.
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
<<whistling innocently>> Hey, looky here. More FDK from Michael! Oh, goody! laugh I had read. I forgot to reply. blush

Awwwwww... /Expects Lois to order Clark to remodel his shower-only bathroom into one a little more accommodating to a single Lois getting a live-feed from her post-nuptial younger self.
Right. And having Lois laying in a bathtub on hours on end won't kill poor alt-Clark. dizzy

I know. Not funny. Except in stories. There's it's hilarious!
If you can't laugh at yourself with morning sickness, it's a long 9 months.

He could always say she's his concubine? In accordance with the traditions of his home planet?
I don't think concubines are legal in the US.

Mad Brain Klein? The evil genius who took over the S.T.A.R. Labs facilities, erected a kryptonite forcefield and is now demanding monthly dues in gold and young, female scientists?
That's the one. wink

/imagines one Superman knocking on the gates of a mansion, demanding to arrest the resident gangster boss pretending to be a philanthropist/
Except no Lex Luthor in alt-Metropolis.

/sniffles/ And how about 'Jerome'?
See above notes to Ioltanthe and Lynn.

That can't be healthy!
And telling Lana would have been healthier? Especially since she was from Smallville and might be a great collector of green rocks? wink Nah.

And where does he come from without a Lex? Or did Lex just 'donate' and got himself whacked?
Read and see.

This is getting interesting. Well... Duh!
Sorry, if Chapter 2 starts out slowly... After all the characters have been introduced, I'll start to play with them. laugh

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I forgot to reply.
/slaps head/ Duh! blush blush

Right. And having Lois laying in a bathtub on hours on end won't kill poor alt-Clark.
/shrugs innocently/

I don't think concubines are legal in the US.
Hmm... that depends. They don't fall into the monogamy category. And is there a law against extra-marital activities? Beyond that, 'concubine' is just a label a man puts on the extra women living under his roof.

See above notes to Ioltanthe and Lynn.
blush

And telling Lana would have been healthier?
First off: huh

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard