Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#78335 04/09/11 08:11 PM
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Whew, I got it done in time! smile1

I just finished this and went through it a couple times, so I haven't had time to have my beta-reader look through it. Hope there aren't too many mistakes present! sad

Thanks for leaving comments!

J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
Aww I love it. Very well done. I could feel Clark's struggle along with him. His inner strength stronger than his outer. Beautiful.

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
Love Lois' words driving Superman on. She's always been a big part of his confidence and how he is.

Love that you brought Mindy into the picture and that Superman captures her. Wasn't that a loose end the show never dealt with? (Correct me if I'm wrong, I've only been through the entire series once.)

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow! What a great chapter. Clark found out something about himself. I like how you describe that he will have control despite the red K. And how he works through the pain of the green K.

Now, wasn't Vale keeping his knowledge of Clark's other identity a secret, so Mindy Church doesn't know that S=CK?

I also liked how Perry is such a good friend.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Terrific chapter. I love that it ended on a positive note! Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Excellent chapter!

I loved the end:

"And I love you," he replied.

And that, he thought, was a much more powerful force than any color of Kryptonite.
That is so sweet and true!

Looking forward to 14!

smile

Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
I loved how you put that, jackiek--Clark’s inner strength better than the outer. I think that’s one of the main reasons Superman is such a popular character and definitely why I like Clark so much.

And Mindy Church was a loose end, scifiJoan--I imagine they were planning on dealing with her in the fifth season. huh Still, I thought it would be okay to slip in her arrest since Intergang was weakening throughout the fourth season.

The moment where Clark realizes he is stronger than the Kryptonite was the main theme of this story and the reason I started writing it, so thanks for mentioning that moment, IolantheAlias! And yes, Vale had kept his information to himself, thank goodness!

The final sentence was difficult to come up with since, though it was not the end of the story, it was the last time we’d see through Clark's eyes. I’m delighted that it worked (it was one of my favorite sentences)! Thanks, Laurach and DW!

Thanks, everyone, for commenting.

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hmm... sorry took me so long, again blush I was most curious on how you'd handle those final three parts and how you would conclude with Perry, a move that's quite unusual for a LnC. But since this is only #13 blush

I absolutely loved your Mindy razz Hope Lois never finds out or she might kill Clark.

Gathering his resolve about him like armor, Clark employed a burst of what was left of his superspeed to snatch the necklace from Mindy and hurl it into the distance. He made certain to note where it had fallen before he turned back to an enraged Mrs. Church.
Oooh, that’s a new twist. Well done! clap

Rollie’s death was quite unavoidable. After all, he’d signed his death warrant once he found out about Clark.

As for the ending of this part, it was a good ending for Clark’s arc.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
I have to admit that I’ve always kind of been intrigued by Mindy Church; I love the fact that she has as much of an alter ego as Clark/Superman. It seemed a good move to me for a show with so many ‘mask’ themes. So, I’m glad she came across as herself--she’s actually a pretty easy bad guy to write.

Thanks for reading and commenting, Darth Michael!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard