Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#78115 03/28/11 09:05 PM
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Writing the last few chapters is proving more challenging than I anticipated, but I hope to keep to the every-other-day schedule--just thought I'd throw out an early warning.

Thanks for reading!

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yay! I love how the crowd defended him! Awesome! I guess Lois's article worked! Stupid mayor! Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
Take the time that you need for writing. I don't mind waiting if there are delays.

Nice to have Lois safe. And how ironic she was picked up because of Clark rather than Superman.

I loved this exchange:
"No. I meant, how do you recover so quickly from all these attempts on your life? Anyone else would be shaking for the next hour or so. *I'm* still shaking. Yet you always just shrug it off."

As if to prove his words, she shrugged. "I've had practice with that too. Really, Clark, it's over and done with. And trust me, I have much better things to think about."
Isn't that the truth? I can't imagine Clark with a woman who couldn't keep up with him in that respect.

Love the crowd booing the mayor. The decision to use that kryptonite bullet never made sense to begin with.

Joan

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
dizzy dizzy

And *yay* on the audience's reaction. I do wonder, though, how long it will take for Lois to develop some guilt. After all, she did instigate the attacks on the mayor with her articles.

I do wonder about L&C's discussion of Perry knowing or not, though. True, with Perry's PoV it's plain obvious that he knows, but there have been some really explicit bits in there about him knowing. Especially since Clark talked so directly about bruising Lois. And unless it's a case of Faustian Bargain interaction, accidental bruising because of distraction should not be that easy to achieve without super-powers.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
So happy to see this part up. That was great. I love how the crowd came to his defense.

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
"No. I meant, how do you recover so quickly from all these attempts on your life? Anyone else would be shaking for the next hour or so. *I'm* still shaking. Yet you always just shrug it off."

As if to prove his words, she shrugged. "I've had practice with that too. Really, Clark, it's over and done with. And trust me, I have much better things to think about."
I'm with scifiJoan - I love this! Lois has come to accept attempts on her life as just part of the job!

What's with the phone hang-up click? Was someone activating listening devices? Are they checking to see if L&C are at home?

And yay for the Metropolitans. They know what a great guy Superman is. Yes, he's an alien but he's *their* alien. They're not going to let the Mayor run him out of town. It sounds as if the Mayor is taking some well-deserved flak.

You know, one thing I'm wondering about - will the mayor face any kind of legal action? After all, for setting up the situation where Clark gets shot by a kryptonite bullet, the Mayor could be charged with premeditated murder!

(Hmm... there's a plotbunny! What if Lois takes this and pushes to get the Mayor put on trial for arranging Superman's shooting?)

D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Yay for the update! I loved the whole press conference scene and and when the crowd started shouting those things, I believed they were intended for Superman, but once the objects were being thrown at the major and Superman realised that the crowd was expressing their anger at the mayor, I was so relieved! Happy that the crowd is standing behind their superhero.

And yay for the Metropolitans. They know what a great guy Superman is. Yes, he's an alien but he's *their* alien.
IolantheAlias - what a great way to put this that Superman is their alien superhero clap clap clap

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I guess there is a lot of stuff to investigate still, but this felt like such a satisfying ending! I can't believe we still get eight more parts! Woo!

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Great stuff!! thumbsup I am enjoying it very much, just too busy right now to comment more often.

BTW, Emmett Vale and his brother (was his name "Ronny"?) were both introduced in the episode "Metallo"; and then I think he is the one(but would have to re-check the ep) that later has an artificial arm and has kryptonite powering it, but the "K" in his arm is shown in a later episode (I think "The Phoenix"). I may have to do some "research" once I have some time, but maybe someone else knows for sure.

I am certainly wondering if Emmett had the kryptonite in your prison-- wondering if someone "busted him out" but wanted to make it look like Superman had pulverized him. dance

EvelynC
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
I love all the feedback you guys are leaving, but I have to say, it’s proving challenging to respond to it because I don’t want to give too much away. There’s so much I could say, but then I’d ruin later chapters, so I’ll try to keep my own comments brief.

I, too, loved the crowd’s response—and I wanted there to be a bit of anticipation there as to who they were speaking to, so thanks for the great response, DW.

I do have more planned for the mayor, but…oops, better stop there. wink

I’ve always enjoyed the times when it turns out Clark was the target rather than Lois or Superman, so I liked putting that twist in—thanks, scifiJoan.

The hang-ups…well, anyway…ahem, moving on…

Lois has always fascinated me in how easily she accepts Clark, Superman, and danger all equally well (well, does she accept Clark well to begin with? smile ), so thanks for the highlighted quote, scifiJoan and IolantheAlias.

Darth Michael, I’m delighted that you’re reading my work—and even happier that you’re enjoying it. smile . Every time I finish writing something with strict POVs, I promise myself I’ll never do it again, and then…I guess I forget. laugh

AmyPrime, thanks for the wonderful comment. I admit I was a bit afraid that giving such a good ‘ending’ in the middle would make everyone lose interest, so I’m glad you’re still excited about the rest!

EvelynC, I don’t think I can say anything to your comment except thank you. And even that probably gives too much away. smile

Thanks, everyone, for your enthusiastic response to this story! I’m trying very hard to get the end finished, but Perry’s giving me a couple problems. I’ve got to go give him a pep talk and get him moving.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard