Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#78035 03/20/11 08:10 PM
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
I love hearing what you all think, so thanks to everyone who comments!

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Powerful emotions all around for our crew at the DP. Poor Clark dealing with that awful crowd at the hospital!! hyper

EvelynC
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow! Powerful writing, both with the mob scene vs Superman at the hospital, and Lois's editorial. Very well done.

By the way, how much does Perry know?

D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Great part again and as has been noted - really powerful emotions!

I really liked Lois' editorial; however, I have a feeling that it would take more than several op-Ed pieces for Metropolis to change its mind and attitude regarding Superman - like a really big disaster or something.

smile

S
Merriwether
Online Content
Merriwether
S
What a great follow up with the impact of the events on Jimmy and Perry. I can't imagine the agony Perry is going through - thinking he was reconnecting with his son only to find out the truth.

My heart was breaking when the crowd turned on Superman.

Loved Lois' editorial.

Joan

Top Banana
Top Banana
Another great chapter. clap Not only do we have Clark trying to shoulder all of the blame, but we have Perry doing it also.

And the people of Metropolis! They’re reacting as if he’d killed people or at least put a bunch of people in the hospital. This actually reminds me a little of what I did in “And the Truth Will Set You…” but in that case I had Lex using his communication empire and his own people planted around Metropolis to project an image of a city that hated Superman. In this case, it looks like the general citizenry of Metropolis really don’t want him around.

These people deserve what they get if he were to leave. It’s a good thing that Lois is there or I think he’d be gone already. Still, he should place some adds in LA, Chicago, London, Paris, Melbourne smile along the lines of “Hero Looking for a Home.”

I liked Lois’s editorial. However, I have to believe that there will be backlash for her taking a stand.

Just exactly what does Perry know? Based on how this ended, I have to believe he knows all about Clark’s other job.

Bob

Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Thanks for the comments, everyone! I was worried about several things in this chapter, particularly the editorial--so thanks to everyone who commented on that. I'm glad it went over well.

The hospital scene was brutal to write, but reading the news myself, it seems to me people always have to find a scapegoat or three to blame everything on and Superman would definitely be an easy target. Hopefully, more things will become clearer as the story continues.

(And, I just read your story, Bobbart--very good. Sorry I didn't have time to leave feedback blush )

The title of the story refers to the powerful emotions, so I really did try to emphasize them. I'm always glad when the readers get what I'm trying to convey--it's very rewarding! laugh

About how much Perry knows...well, can I just say 'Keep reading?'

Thanks again, everyone!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard