Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#77947 03/16/11 08:43 PM
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
This is my first longer story--I'm pretty nervous about it--so please let me know what you think.

Thanks for reading.

Top Banana
Top Banana
You paint Clark's insecurities well, and quite poetically. I'm interested where you are going with this, as I'm unsure how his guilt will play out-- unless it's to leave Lois for a while?? peep But I'm definitely intrigued! Hope to read more soon!

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
I'm intrigued too! I always thought that the writers of the show glossed over that part, and knowing Clark, he would feel immensely guilty and obsess about his "hurting" Lois, even though he had no control over his powers after being exposed to red K.

Looking forward to more smile1

smile

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Great start! As others said-- very intriguing. I too, can't wait to see where you take this. It does read true to Clark's high standards for himself and how the guilt affects him so when he comes short, even when it isn't his fault as in this. thumbsup

EvelynC
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow! Excellent start. Clark is perhaps obsessing about this, but it's obvious why - people are fragile and easily killed with his powers. He has to be in 100% control all the time, and he was not. And he hurt the person he loves best in all the world.

Antikryptonite, you have wonderful character description. Very well done, and I can't wait for the next chapter.

S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
Poor Clark. His guilt is understandable. He's the type of guy who holds himself to a higher standard.

Loved this:
From the instant Clark had realized that he was not like everyone else, he had strived for perfect control, and he had worked hard until he had obtained it. He never forgot that human beings were incredibly fragile, so delicate that one wrong bump, one slight mistake, one sharp object, and they would die, their lives and futures and happiness eternally quenched. He never forgot that he could destroy so much without even making an effort.
Looking forward to seeing where you take this.

Joan

Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Thanks, everyone, for commenting. I'm glad you all enjoyed this part--and I hope you like where I take the story.

I've always thought Clark's insecurities and rigid control concerning his powers was a large part of who he is and part of why he's so heroic. I wanted to paint that a bit more in this story, so I'm glad most of you commented on that. smile

And thanks, IolantheAlias, for the compliment on character description. That's my favorite part, and sometimes I have to force myself to remember the plot! smile

Thanks!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard