Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
MissyG Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Aww, poor Clark is still fighting to gain his reputation with Lois. At least they cleared some thing up between them before shopping.

This is fun!! Love to see Clark showing off his stuff for a denying Lois!

More soon, Wendy!! This is a fun romp!

Missy smile1

Top Banana
Top Banana
And another great part. I like your Lois here. She's so season 1, but you can see her soft spots coming up. smile

The parking thing was great! It sounded so like me. <g> And glad they resolved some things in the car!

The shopping part is getting along quite well. Lois is already drooling over his great body. drool And her last comment is so true! It's so much cheaper for men to get clothes *and* they get away with wearing the same things more often. Good thing I just work with man who don't notice what I'm wearing most of the time. laugh

Now this is a fun ride, and since I'm completely up to date on the boards again, you'd better post again soon!

Saskia

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
Kerth
Kerth
This Lois is really harsh wink ... but I hope she changes soon.

I liked a lot that Clark is angry because she didn't believe him smile

more soon!!

Jose smile1

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Wonderful, Wendy! clap And Clark's response was so deadpan...rotfl! rotflol

Very well done, Wendy! Don't leave it too long till the next part... pleeeeeeeease?? wildguy wildguy

Sara smile

Death: Easy, Bill. You'll give yourself a heart attack and ruin my vacation.

Meet Joe Black
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Oh, just one other thing - Tank, I think that for once you might actually get a haircut in this story!
The only question is, will it by Lois' hair or Clark? goofy No telling how far Lois will carry this makeover thing!

It was fun watching Lois jerk Clark out of the sulks -- first by refusing to pander to it, then by laying down an ultimatum. And her fussiness over the parking spot was sooo Lois. And thanks so much for inserting that utterly priceless Lois-like rant regarding women's clothes... goofy

Give us MORE!

Hazel

Lois: You know the deal.
Clark: Superman gets the guys in capes, Lois and Clark get the guys in suits.

-- Action Comics 827
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
This really puzzled me:

She’d been cruel to him tonight.
But you did great job, first describing how Clark felt when Lois didn't believe him, and then letting Clark understand that Lois thinks he is a typical man. It's so Clark!

Their conversation in the car was great.

I believe Clark starts dress better now - after all, he does everything to impress Lois.

Gabriele
Merriwether
Merriwether
LOL, very nice, Wendy.

I still have to say I'm less forgiving of Lois than Clark is -- I agreed with him that she was cruel to him and I didn't think she sounded very apologetic in the car, or even seemed to care that she had hurt his feelings. But obviously Clark is willing to let it go.

The stuff in the department store was a great deal of fun, though. I loved how Lois (and the salesman <eg>) both appreciated Clark's physical attributes and you did a good job of explaining why he was having trouble finding inexpensive outfits. But I almost swooned when Lois reached out to touch his leg -- under cover of feeling his pants material. Woo hoo, and go Lois. Now that's my kind of behavior. wink

Looking forward to part 4,

Kathy

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Been there, Wendy!

My husband had two different sizes as well (46 & 34) so know what it's like.

Loved the feeling the material thing. Yeah, it's what I would do, too.

Great job.

Barb.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. smile1

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Some more give and take and the undercurrents just keep flowing.

I was glad the Clark got the Cat 'problem' cleared up, but like Hazel said, all this internal talk about truth and lies will definitely come back and bite Clark in his cute little tushie.

I can visualize the part in the department store. Believe it or not I worked in a fine Men's store some 25 years ago. I didn't work as a salesman (I took care of shipping the stuff in and out, and other 'back room' stuff) but one of my best friends was a manager of one of the branch stores. I can sympathise with Lois' comments. I can remember the differential between men's and women's clothing when it came to price. We took on a ladies line and the same wool blazer, by the same manufacturer, which was $100 in the men's, was $150 in the women's. (and remember, that was twenty five years ago).

I'm still trying to figure out where the whams are going to come in, though.

Tank (who reminds Wendy that Lois convincing Clark to indulge in a little trim does not count as an official 'haircut', only Lois can receive those)

Features Writer
Features Writer
Wendy
Great job - as expected
ditto others
more
merry

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Loving this so far, Wendy!

I like Lois ogling Clark in his tight shirt and well-fitting suit. smile And it is nice to see Clark go a bit GQ.

Somehow I think that the new Clark is going to bring Lois a whole new level of appreciation... and maybe some jealousy. He's in love with somebody else, after all!

Hmm, was that salesman blond? *goes back to the story to check*

Top Banana
Top Banana
Shopping with Lois..poor Clark!

Cute installment..when will Lois come to her senses?? Open your eyes girl!! shock

Keep it coming..

~LIz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Yay, Wendy. Still loving this. smile

I felt so bad for Clark, his feelings really hurt and all. And I'm still p.o.'ed at Lois for being so mean. She has a long way to go to make it up to him. I kind of wish Clark wouldn't have given her so much leeway - made her pay a little.

I also liked the part with the store's tailor eyeing Clark. I'll bet poor Clark was really squirming!

Great installment. Can't wait to see what happens when Lois gets Clark all dolled up then falls flat on her face in love with him.
thumbsup
Lynn

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah
Top Banana
Top Banana
Clark is the dress-up doll and our Lois gets to watch and direct...

This worked on so many levels and was fun. And, well, frankly, I could stand for him to try on a few things more...

I do like the idea that he is aware of how good looking he is, that he isn't above using that to help his cause a bit.

CC

You mean we're supposed to have lives?

Oh crap!

~Tank
Y
Top Banana
Top Banana
Y
Wendy, this was so great! I read it yesterday, breaking my promise to my self that I wouldn't read anything until after the 18th. I love the image of Clark in a tight form-fitting suit pants. I've actually never seen a Nordstrom's in an outlet mall, but then again, there is only one Nordstrom's in Cleveland that I can think of -- and it's at the "upscale mall".

I love how Clark was moody about Lois assuming that he had slept with Cat. Eew gross! I am glad he set her straight.

Looking forward to the next part!

Laura "The Yellow Dart" U. (Alicia U. on the archive)

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." -- Christopher Reeve
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Wendy

A wonderful part! goofy I love how the salesman and Lois are both eyeing Clark. laugh

I'm enjoying this immensely and can't wait to read the next part.

Tricia cool

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
LOL Wendy, very cute. I love how LOis is trying to talk herself out of being attracted to Clark. Ah and I can just picture his butt in those pants<g> Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi again!! smile

Thank you all so much again for your wonderful comments on this section, too. I'm really glad that you're enjoying the shopping scenes. These were a lot of fun to write! I should actually have said at the start that I'm indebted to a number of FoLCs on the fanfic list who gave me some really helpful suggestions when I asked for shops Lois might take Clark to for clothes-shopping - and places she'd want him to avoid like the plague. goofy Oh, and thanks also to Sheila Harper, who very helpfully supplied me with Clark's measurements. wink

Sara, thanks for mentioning Lois's women's-clothes rant. smile That was a late addition, and it's entirely due to Hazel, who said that Lois really needed to complain vehemently about the price of women's clothing compared to men's. I'm glad this was what you were looking for, Hazel! laugh (And Tank, thanks for confirming all our prejudices about clothing manufacturers! mad )

Hazel, I see what you mean, and yes, it is ironic to see Clark describing himself that way; but I still think that he doesn't really see the irony himself. He still thinks, at this point, that he's Clark - just Clark. He thinks that Superman's not really him at all. Superman's the disguise, Clark's the man, and to a degree he even seems to discount the powers, even though he uses them as part of his regular routine as Clark. It's not that he wishes the powers away - we saw how lost he was without them in GGGOH - but that he almost ignores them in thinking that he's really Clark Kent, regular guy.

As to whether all these half-truths will come out in the wash, that remains to be seen!

Many thanks again, everyone!

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard