Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Comments welcome! hyper

Thanks!

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Hi MozartMaid,

I am lost without my ultra-ego.
I haven't been able to determine whether this is a typo for "alter ego" or a brilliant play on words. Either way, I like it!

I hang up the phone, awed by the caring support in my father’s voice. I look up to talk to Lois, and I notice something very strange. About to step out of the elevator is *me*.
I hadn't anticipated that! I had figured that either alt-Clark had changed places with our Clark or with some alt-alt-Clark. Things are about to get even more interesting...

Because obviously, I can’t stay here, as much as it breaks my heart. She is not my Lois—she’s his. This is not my world.
whinging The poor fellow! He's had such a hard life, and to get this additional glimpse of what his life may have been like, only to realize that he is once again not able to have this life. My heart goes out to him.

I now don't see the alt-Clark-gets-his-Lois happy ending that I had thought there would be when I read part one. All the same, I'll be checking back frequently for part three.

Brava!

Joy,
Lynn

F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Delightful, truly delightful.

I loved the arrival of this 'Verse's Kal El and look forward to the memory loss. It should be quite interesting.

Framework4
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
This is getting very interesting.

Love this:

I’m suddenly reminded of that old adage: “Be careful what you wish for. You just might get it.”
Then having the real Clark appear? This is fun!

Joan

D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Indeed, this is getting interesting! I kept waiting for the real Clark of that universe to show up and then he did!

Eagerly awaiting the next parts! smile1

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
OK, I'm relieved that canon Clark does have his powers and that (hopefully) Nightfall will be dealt with. But what happens after that?

Alt-Clark definitely has to go and meet Martha and Jonathan. Must happen.

And it would probably be wise for Alt-Clark and Superman to be seen together quite a few times in the next few days. If possible.

I really feel for alt-Clark, not only knowing intellectually what his doppelganger has, but now knowing it from experience. If he has to go back to his lonely existence, that will be very tough.

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Oooh! The plot definitely thickens with regular Clark still there, and Nightfall coming! Alt-Clark doesn't know anything about it, the amnesia Clark gets, etc. Oh, so many possibilities ahead! hyper

Looking forward to where you take this! clap

EvelynC
Top Banana
Top Banana
I am intrigued. This is a great story, well-written and creative.

Happy

This *is* my happily ever after.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I was surprised by the real Clark being there and also by visting Clark's lack of powers. I hope his Lois is found and comes to rescue him :-)

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Hmmm... I just had a thought. I wonder whether all of this will prove to be a dream of alt-Clark's? After all, the title does allude to Alice's first adventure which could easily be interpreted as the girl's dream.

I think it may be telling that the title is NOT a variant of "Through the Looking Glass," especially considering that it is a magic mirror that seems to have granted alt-Clark's wish.

Looking forward to reading more.

Joy,
Lynn

Merriwether
Merriwether
Just read the first two parts together and ... this is creative and interesting! I figured out the "I would give anything to be with Lois" a few paragraphs before Clark did in the story, but I never expected our Clark to walk into the newsroom. Nice twist. Their conversation in the elevator was nicely done, too; unlike in VatMan, they each get a "brother" they can really relate to for awhile.

What a relief to know that Superman is around to stop Nightfall (eventually? Or more easily this time?) I was worried that would be the nightmare tradeoff -- that Clark would give up his powers to be with Lois, only to watch the world be destroyed without them. Of course, the story is only half over, so I'm sure you have a lot more up your sleeve.

More, please! smile

Kathy

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Lynn S. M.
I haven't been able to determine whether this is a typo for "alter ego" or a brilliant play on words. Either way, I like it!
I hadn't realized that -- the error was subconscious, but I will keep it in. I noticed I used it later as well. I won't change it! wink

I now don't see the alt-Clark-gets-his-Lois happy ending that I had thought there would be when I read part one.
There is a lot of melancholy in this Clark. I won't give away the farm, but I hope you will be happy with the end. smile

Framework, DW, scifiJoan
LOL you all agree that things are getting interesting! I hope you like where I take it!

IolantheAlias
Alt-Clark definitely has to go and meet Martha and Jonathan. Must happen.
*Must*? wave

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
His powers are AWOL? How are they going to deal with Nightfall now? And how did Tempus nix his powers? So, was it the Imp from the 5th Dimension, then?

Here I have the love of my life before me again, and yet I am lost without my ultra-ego.
clap

About to step out of the elevator is *me*.
shock He was just pushed there without anybody cleaning up the excess Clarks first? At least, it solved the power problem.

On to part 3!

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard