This hasn't been beta-ed -- but just so everyone's happy-- smile It's short and sweet, but I hope you like it!

Epilogue:

Lois walked back into the Planet, feeling like she could rule the world. She thought surely everyone would immediately notice her ring -- or at least the bounce in her step.

She stopped to get a coffee at her usual vendor, ever so casually flashing her ring as she handed over her $1.50 for her cup of joe.

Nothing.

She was certain to use her beautifully beringed hand as she flashed her press pass at security -- she had updated her look after all, they needed to see it. But they waved her in without so much as a hello.

She stepped into the elevator and pushed the button for the news floor with her newly engaged hand, just under the nose of one of the copy boys.

Nada.

She was starting to feel really annoyed. Why wasn't anyone noticing? She felt as if her whole life had been spun around and made right and no one cared to acknowledge it!

Exasperated, she hurumphed off the elevator and headed towards her desk. Perry was there to drop off a final edit on one of her stories from earlier.

"Lois, where have you been? Have you seen Clark?"

She grinned suddenly, knowing Perry would understand. She flashed the ring at him, "I most certainly have seen Clark!"

“Well, it's about time he made it official,” said Perry matter-of-factly.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Lois asked.

Perry leaned in close to her, patting her on the shoulder as he whispered, "I told you he wouldn't go through all that trouble unless he really cared, didn't I?"

Suddenly, Lois' hand was yanked up to just under Cat's nose. "Isn't this one of the signs of the Apocalypse -- Lois Lane engaged?"

Lois pulled her hand back from Cat and with as much dignity as she could summon faked a laugh, "Ha ha. Just shows you how much you know!"

Clearly skeptical, Cat said, "Do you mean to tell me that *Clark Kent* proposed to you?"

"He most certainly did," came Clark's voice from behind Lois.

Lois turned around and gave him a grateful smile.

Suddenly, word began to spread around the office like wildfire as more people came by to see what was going on. Before long, everyone had stopped working and started applauding for the happy couple.

“You know what I think?” Clark said, whispering in Lois’ ear.

“What?” she asked with a smile.

“I think they want us to kiss. I do owe you from earlier, after all,” he said, giving her a lopsided grin.

She blushed beautifully, and before she could protest at the public display, he took her in his arms and kissed her soundly, giving the office fodder to gossip about for months to come. Catcalls and whistles and more applause followed.

Cat leaned on a rail, her arms crossed as she watched the couple with incredulous and envious eyes.

“Never thought I’d see the day.”

“What?” asked Lois, though she kept getting distracted by kisses from Clark.

Cat rolled her eyes. “You—in love.” She started to saunter off to her desk, but turned to give Clark one last look over. “Too bad, too. ‘Cause *we* would’ve been great together,” she said with a wink.

Clark shook his head at her remark, and leaned in to give Lois another kiss. Perry had found champagne somewhere and was pouring them all glasses.

“Hell, the paper is nearly ready to be put to bed—there’s no reason why we can’t take a few minutes to celebrate the news!” he said, handing Clark a glass.

Perry handed one to Lois and then raised one for himself. “To Mr. and Mrs. Kent! The hottest team in town!”

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink