Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
I love feedback! Let me know what you think.

The story.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Kerth
Kerth
Nice one. Just one question: Why doesn't Lois realize that Clark doesn't have a couple dozen scratches to show for the kitty's attack on his face? eek

Poor kitty, though, it's claws must really hurt. laugh

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Why doesn't Lois realize that Clark doesn't have a couple dozen scratches to show for the kitty's attack on his face?
Because I left that open for a potential sequel.

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Lucy smiled brightly at her sister. “But, Lois, after everything you’ve been through lately, what with the almost marriage to Lex and then thinking Clark was dead, they are just what you need. They will make you smile and will cheer you up.”
Cats? Did Lucy just follow up on the old joke about the spinster with the two dozen cats?

“You’ll learn! I promise.” With that she hugged her sister. “You’ve got everything you need to start. Now I’ve got to run. And don’t even think about changing their names! Ta-ta, sis.” She slammed the door as she walked out.
So, I'm guessing she didn't name them Lois and Clark.

She wondered how much it would cost to get them “fixed”.
Got to be Joanne and Jerome.

There was a sudden onslaught of orange fury that launched itself at the closest thing it saw - his face.
Good luck explaining the missing scratches. Although, maybe his suit and tie bear the scars.

Clark should have known better. He was just pulling the kitten off his face and straightening his glasses when he noticed Lois with arms crossed and patting her foot in frustration.
laugh For some reason I just got a flashback of Asterix padding his foot whenever Obelix did something... unfortunate. Like breaking off the Spinx's nose.

She snatched the kitten away from him. “*Why* did you let the cat out of the bag, Clark? Do you have any idea how hard it was to get Bonnie in that bag?” She patted her high-heeled foot harder. “Well, do you?!”
laugh And does that mean Bonnie and Clyde?

Lois stroked the kitten to calm her down. “Aww... you’re a good girl, aren’t you? Yes, you are. That naughty old Clark should have left you alone.” She continued to coo at the kitten.

Clark then croaked out, “Bonnie? You named her Bonnie?”

“Hmmphhh...” Lois grinned. “Just wait till you meet Clyde.”
Yep, this should be fun. And it should tell Clark once and for all that Lois isn't looking for company any more laugh

Fun vigi!
Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Hi Nancy,

I'm glad that my muse inspired your muse. smile

I also thought about the lack of scratches. In fact, I had figured that your title was going to be intended both literally and figuratively -- that Clark's literal freeing of the cat would precipitate the revelation. But I do like the possibility of the sequel.

Perhaps Clark didn't use his x-ray vision because he knew:
  • Lois was watching him
  • Lois would expect him, as an investigative reporter, to investigate, and
  • He had to investigate the way a non-super human would.

Joy,
Lynn

S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
Cats would be a great pet for Lois who is rarely home. I was half expecting Lois to come in when Bonnie had knocked off Clark's glasses so she might realize he was Superman. Cute story.

Joan

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Actually, comic book Lois did have a cat for a while. IIRC, his name was Elroy.

I had actually briefly considered alluding to him in my Thanksgiving Games story by having Lois be grateful for cats as her "thing beginning with a 'c', but 'Chinese takeout' just seemed more in keeping with our Lois.

Joy,
Lynn

D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
That was great and I think a sequel is a great idea for why Clark didn't have any scratches on his face!

smile

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
oh love it!!!!

LOIS:I don't like you.
MAYSON: Really? Oh god, that is such a relief - I don't like you either.
LOIS: That makes me feel so much better
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Really fun!! smile1

EvelynC
Top Banana
Top Banana
Hi Nancy, wave

This was delightful and I enjoyed it very much. I for one would love to see the sequel you hinted at.

Bob

Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
That was a fun play on the phrase cat out of the bag.
So do we get to see more kitten antics? After all these are Lois' kittens, and they're named after bad guys. Along with the lack of scratches it has all sorts of potential...

And it's just like Lois to put a cat in an actual bag- I wonder how the poor thing was able to breathe. No wonder it launched at Clark.

Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he is supposed to be doing at that moment. ~Robert Benchley
SNL Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Hi Nancy,

Good to see that you've got your muse back again.
smile

Its a lovely story and I'm looking forward to the sequel. hyper

But perchance, is one of the kitten's descendants Meowoof?

We've not heard from her lately?

Are we getting an update to her story and her humans and Zered and Co?

With very best regards,

SNL

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Although, maybe his suit and tie bear the scars.
Probably.

Yep, this should be fun. And it should tell Clark once and for all that Lois isn't looking for company any more
I hope not.

I wonder how the poor thing was able to breathe.
I was thinking of the zipper kind where Lois could have left the bag open enough for the cat to breathe. But, then, there was that one poor cat that jumped into the guy’s suitcase and wasn’t found until the guy got to his destination. Kitty was fine.

But perchance, is one of the kitten's descendants Meowoof?
Mayhap. smile Thank you, Stuart. I haven’t forgotten NH and do plan to get back to it soon.

Thanks everybody!!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard