Letting the Cat Out of the Bag!

Lynn gave me the idea for this little ficlet with her story, Letting the Cat Out of the Bag -- or Not.

I don’t own any of these characters. I’m just borrowing them for a little fun. This has not been BR’d. My muse decided to hit so I wrote and decided to post. Hope you like it.

~~~~~~~~~~

“Lucy!” cried Lois. “Just what do you think I’m going to do with them?” She put her hand on her hip and scrutinized her sister. “You *do* know how busy I am don’t you? I don’t have the time to take care of them.”

Lucy smiled brightly at her sister. “But, Lois, after everything you’ve been through lately, what with the almost marriage to Lex and then thinking Clark was dead, they are just what you need. They will make you smile and will cheer you up.”

As she looked them, Lois knew she was hooked. They *were* awfully cute. “All right, Lucy. I’ll give it a try, but you know I don’t know anything about how to take care of them.”

“You’ll learn! I promise.” With that she hugged her sister. “You’ve got everything you need to start. Now I’ve got to run. And don’t even think about changing their names! Ta-ta, sis.” She slammed the door as she walked out.

Lois watched as the pair played and tumbled over each other. She sat down in the floor and joined the play. Lucy was right. She was hooked. As she played, she mused, that even though they were very cute, she surely didn’t want more. She wondered how much it would cost to get them “fixed”. She made a call, found out they were old enough and got it all set up. The first would go in the morning.

The next morning, Lois realized that she had absolutely no way to transport the cute little kitten. She thought about it and remembered seeing carriers that were shaped kind of like a duffle bag or carry-on bag. She thought she had just the thing. What she hadn’t realized was just how tough it would be to put a cat into the carry-on bag. Finally, it was done, and she only had a few dozen scratches to show for it.

She had to stop at the Daily Planet before she took the kitten to the vet. But she couldn’t she couldn’t leave it in the car, could she? She sat the carry-on down beside her desk and then went to get coffee.

As she walked off, Clark couldn’t help but notice that the bag “moved”. Curiosity got the best of him and he couldn’t resist. It didn’t occur to him, for some reason, to use his x-ray vision. He pulled the bag to him, leaned over it, and unzipped it. There was a sudden onslaught of orange fury that launched itself at the closest thing it saw - his face.

Clark should have known better. He was just pulling the kitten off his face and straightening his glasses when he noticed Lois with arms crossed and patting her foot in frustration.

She snatched the kitten away from him. “*Why* did you let the cat out of the bag, Clark? Do you have any idea how hard it was to get Bonnie in that bag?” She patted her high-heeled foot harder. “Well, do you?!”

Clark just numbly shook his head no.

Lois stroked the kitten to calm her down. “Aww... you’re a good girl, aren’t you? Yes, you are. That naughty old Clark should have left you alone.” She continued to coo at the kitten.

Clark then croaked out, “Bonnie? You named her Bonnie?”

“Hmmphhh...” Lois grinned. “Just wait till you meet Clyde.”

~Fin~

This was my first attempt at a little TOGOM “fun”. A friend of mine has a cat named Clyde and her mother owns Clyde’s sibling, Bonnie. So I don’t own them either. =}

I love feedback.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~