Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#77503 02/23/11 08:24 PM
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Thanks to everyone who's read and commented throughout--I wish I could do more to express my appreciation, but this will have to do! smile

Top Banana
Top Banana
Aw! Good choice for the last scene! clap And I love the very ending -- of bringing the two halves of CK/S together with Lois' statement of him being ONE man. Nicely done!! smile

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
I haven't seen this episode yet but it sounds like a great choice. Excellent way to bring it all together:

You frown at me. "Both? What are you talking about? There's only you. The man I love. My husband."
Joan

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Perfect! Just perfect!

The choice of final scene was sheer brilliance. And your treatment of it almost (*almost*) makes me want to go back and watch the episode again -- and that takes a lot of doing.

Joy,
Lynn

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Wow! thumbsup

This was so beautiful! Thank you! dance

EvelynC
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
I didn't like that episode very much - though I certainly haven't re-watched it recently either - but this piece was excellent and would sure make that episode more enjoyeable should I ever choose to re-watch it again.

Excellent four episodes you picked for this series clap clap clap

smile

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Very nicely done! loved the way you spanned so much in a few short chapters.

Thank you for sharing this with us!

LOIS:I don't like you.
MAYSON: Really? Oh god, that is such a relief - I don't like you either.
LOIS: That makes me feel so much better
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Awesome ending. Great job! Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Wow, I didn't realize this was such a disliked episode. I'm glad you all liked the story anyway. smile And I'm glad I could possibly make the episode more enjoyable for you now. blush

I was really hoping the end would be enough to tie all the scenes together and show us that despite all the troubles they encountered, Lois and Clark really did have a happy ending.

And thanks for the encouragement on nailing Clark--if I ever get it wrong, please tell me. I don't want to ruin these two; they are my favorite characters, after all.

Thanks to everyone who read and commented. smile

Top Banana
Top Banana
I'm in the minority here, because I actually _liked_ this episode! laugh Especially after my complaint about the way the show handled Lois's amnesia, and of course the early episodes where Lois couldn't see what was standing right in front of her face, I loved seeing a Lois who would know Clark anywhere, in any body. (I also enjoyed the humor in the episode, but that's neither here nor there.) The point is, you did a great job with this!

I think you achieved your objective; you tied everything together and showed the unification of the two sides of Clark into one person. And, yes, showed that after all they went through, there was a happy ending. It was a nice finish to your 4-part story. clap

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
I'm so glad you like this episode, Vicki! I have to admit, it's one of my favorites for several reasons, one being the point you mentioned about Lois being with Clark no matter what. The other is for the opening and closing scenes--certainly some of the most romantic I've ever seen! laugh (And I, too, thought it was absolutely hilarious.)

And thanks for the reassurance about the conclusion. I had to rewrite it twice, so I'm overjoyed it worked out. Thanks for reading and commenting.

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
It's bad enough having two identities; to add a third is almost too much for even me.
This cracked me up. laugh

"Both? What are you talking about? There's only you. The man I love. My husband."
Perfect. Just what he needed to hear.

I really enjoyed the way you highlighted how Lois makes Clark feel whole and accepted even in another body.

Looking forward to whatever you've got up next!

Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Thanks so much for the feedback, EmilyC. Lois's reply is the core of the whole story, so I'm glad you liked it.

I'm working on another story now that will hopefully be done soon, but it's a bit more complicated, so we'll see. Thanks for the encouragement and for reading! smile

J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
What a wonderful, sweet story. I really enjoyed it.

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard