Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#77460 02/21/11 07:29 PM
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Thanks to everyone who's reading and commenting! I can't wait to hear what you think.

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
I know that reporting is half of you, just as Superman is half of me.
I'd never thought of it that way before, but it is so true!

Another wonderful part -- a nice mix of poignant and WAFFy.

Joy,
Lynn

S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
I like where you chose to pick this up. How like Clark to beat himself up about being fooled by the clone. Nice insight into the anguish he was experiencing at that time.

I especially liked this:

I hate the distinction because when you saw both of me as one man...I could do the same. I could become one man that took Superman and Clark and combined them into a unified whole. Without you there to bind them together, though, I'm once more split apart, divided, weak.
Looking forward to see what moment you choose for the final chapter.

Joan

D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
I'll second Lynn. I never thought of it that way before either.

I, too, look forward to what moment you'll pick for part 3.

Excellent job again! clap

smile

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Very sweet. I love Clarks inner dialogue. Great job! Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Top Banana
Top Banana
I think most of us hate the Clois arc -- but you brought more insight and meaning to that chapter of their relationship, and seeing it come back together. Well done! clap I wonder what part 4 will be? Their separation when Clark leaves for New Krypton maybe? Whatever it is, looking forward to it! smile

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Great point in the series to expand upon. I especially like your continuation from the episode. Off to read the last part.

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Oops...Posted feedback in the wrong feedback thread. I meant to post in part four of four. Sorry about that. I'll go post in the proper place now.

Joy,
Lynn

Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Whew! I was hoping that choosing the clone/amnesia arc wouldn't make everyone stop reading. smile I actually like these episodes--in a frustrated, oh-no sort of way--but I realize that a lot of people don't. Thanks for sticking with me anyway.

About the reporting being half of Lois, I refer back to the lines (I believe in 'It's A Small World After All') when both Clark and Lois refer to her 'alter-ego' Lois Lane and Lois Lane-Kent. Just a little thing, more humorous than anything, but it did stick in my mind and contribute to that paragraph.

I wrote the entire story as a way to showcase Clark's gradual acceptance and embracing of Superman, and I personally think that has a lot to do with Lois, so I love the quote you pulled out, Scifijoan. Thanks.

And thanks, EmilyC, for the comment about the continuation. Since up to that point I hadn't used any original dialogue, I was a bit nervous about it, but I'm glad it worked out!

Again, thanks to everyone for reading and commenting. It really encourages me.

Top Banana
Top Banana
Once I got past my frustration, I actually found a lot I liked in the clone arc. The only thing I absolutely HATED about it was this:
Even when you didn't remember me at all, you still remembered investigating.
Clark remembered his love for Lois. Lois remembered investigating. mad Well, whatever. On with the feedback....

"Clark?"

The Kryptonite-poisoned dagger of your word knifes through me, but I try to conceal it. "N-no," I say. I hate lying to you. I hate it even more after those wonderful months when I didn't have to. "Lois, it's Superman."

I hate the distinction. I hate it because it's a symbol of everything I've lost, mark of just how far we've fallen apart. You used to know me more intimately than anyone else, even my parents. You saw every part of me--the investigator, the writer, the hero, the man who wept after rescues gone bad, the alien terrified of his own feelings of isolation. Now...now we're strangers.

I hate the distinction because it's one more thing keeping us apart. As if Luthor, clones, and memory loss aren't enough, now I have to lie all over again. I can't confide in you, can't hold you when all the cries for help I can't answer become overwhelming, can't ask you to cover for me when I need to make a quick exit.

I hate the distinction because when you saw both of me as one man...I could do the same. I could become one man that took Superman and Clark and combined them into a unified whole. Without you there to bind them together, though, I'm once more split apart, divided, weak.
Awwww.... wave

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Yay! Someone else who likes the clone/amnesia arc! I was afraid I was the only one. I had never thought of it like that, Vicki, but you're right: I guess Lois did remember reporting in the same way Clark remembered her. Maybe it's because loving Clark was so new that it still seemed unreal to her?

I'm glad you enjoy reading my stories because I certainly enjoy writing them. Thanks.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard